FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
theblkhawk

BrM Preparing for Heroic SoO

I am proud to say that my guild has nearly completed N 10m SoO (paragons & Garrosh did not fit in our raid schedule last week), and we feel confident to begin the first section of SoO on Heroic. I was wondering if there was anything gear-wise that I should be doing to increase my chance of just surviving.
I am using a buffed 20% mastery build with close to 45% Crit Chance and 4500 haste. My healers are not complaining about my damage during Normal, but I want to make sure my mastery is not too low to handle the hard hitting damage of the heroic bosses. I am posting my askmrrobot, but I am worried that I may have logged out in my healing gear. I am trying to get either flex or normal tier shoulders, so that I can atleast get the 2pc tier set bonus, but I have not had the RNG to receive them yet. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/kil'jaeden/hawkhawk

I would also like to thank you guys for helping me out on my other posts. I have read and reviewed ALL of the information and applied it to my play. As a tank I would like to thank you and my healers for helping my guild through Normal SoO!

As always any advice and help is appreciated!

You should be fine for the early bosses, but once you get to Iron Juggernaut, it'll be extremely punishing.  Hope for some upgrades before then!

I'd suggest that your guild aims for Immerseus and Norushen on Heroic for your first week doing it.  Protectors can be very punishing, but don't let that stop you from doing Norushen!

Yeah, our raid leader just completed heroic Paragons with her group, and I think she has a good plan to ease us into heroic. I'm excited for tomorrow's raid night! What upgrades should I be making? I have those 3 warforged pieces in tier slots, and is the 4 set bonus worth the trade on warforged stats? Should I be looking for more Haste, less crit, and more mastery? 

Edited by theblkhawk

Set bonuses are things I'm not sure about.  I used to play a BrM, but I don't now.  I know the 4pc is very valuable in 25man, where the hits are bigger, but I'm not sure about 10m.

I usually preferred more Haste than that, but it's going to be based on your comfortability.  Make sure you have the energy and chi gen that you need, and work from there!

ok I think I'm going to try increasing my haste point to something around 5000. The things I'm reading seem to lead into increasing haste when you become more comfortable. 

Purfying is far less of a thing in 10 man IMO so the 4 set is less desirable and you should just aim for the 2 set with the best itemised off pieces.

I run with anywhere between 4500 and 6000 haste. Haste has an impact on RJW and melee swings etc so when you have alot of crit haste can be a dps increase on the heavy aoe fights so you can maintain a higher uptime on RJW without sacrificing too much energy for purifying and expel harm.

Tank damage done is far more important in 10man so a crit heavy build is recommended IMO.

My 2 monk tanks have 10 - 16% mastery unbuffed and it was enough for 10 (14/14H) and 25 heroic(11/14 so far).

Mastery is not required so much in 10 man providing you use your abundance of cooldowns and self heals.

Healing orbs down pre pull can help those first few hits, Diffuse magic can be used for most of immerseus corrosive blasts and making sure you use guard optimally and not on cooldown etc.

Good Luck with your raid smile.png