FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lockish

Terrible... Fix My dps

Big no-no's I just picked up from graphing a few of your procs to see if you used them properly on your last fight, Dark Shaman:

http://tinyurl.com/ksda9su

Your dark soul was not lined up properly with most of your procs here and you blew quite a few CB's in a row before any of these big procs were present.  Expanded Mind and Dark Soul line up very well together and  you should use it on the pull as PBI will hopefully proc then as it did for you here.  Then you will be set up well to keep pairing them.  Also, you only used Havoc 3 times and not on the pull.  Killing dogs can take a bit and you can almost use it to get Havoc Shadowburns off on the next mob in line and refund all those embers depending on your raid DPS. Back to the wasting of CB's though.  Just don't do it.  CB when you have procs or you will cap embers.  There are some other little ins and outs of CB but other guides explain that very well.

Next, Immolate usage and all its forms.  First off, you used FnB Immolate here for slimes. Don't.  they have very little hp to them and you are better off throwing down a RoF and having your 2 AoE Conflag charges saved then Havoc dumping Shadowburns into the boss.  You are also under utilizing your 4pc for Immolate.

http://tinyurl.com/koyjxoz

This is your single target Immolate usage. 60% uptime on the boss you keep in your area.  Not good, 99% would be much nicer.And you rarely snapshotted it inside of your 4pc.  Start trying to perform that snapshot as it will greatly increase your Immolates ember regen and therefore more Chaos Bolts. You actually did have a high crit %age on your Immolate, but that's relative to its uptime so don't be fooled.

I imagine you also have some slight rotational issues if you are having problems with the snapshotting of main abilites but I'm a little tired to go through logs more than that for now and I'm sure some of the other locks here will go nuts for you.

• Like 1

I was wrestling with my controls and just doing shitty. Honestly I don't need anymore advice than what u gave. I don't even know why I posted this I know a lot of this stuff. I died twice on previous attempts and lost my mind on this one.

If i worry about dps i die if i worry about living I tunnel and do crap dps.

Edited by lockish

The advice on the slimes is awesome. I keep trying to immolate everything, rof, than either cb or incin spam. I find adds die too quick like on immersius.

Edited by lockish

The thing to remember about FnB Immolate is it costs an entire Ember and doesn't refund it until you get 10 crit ticks.  If you're hitting 10 mobs with a 25% crit rating, it would take approximately 4 ticks (10 seconds) on each mob to average your Ember back.  FnB Immo is for when mobs will live long enough to endure most of the duration.

If i worry about dps i die if i worry about living I tunnel and do crap dps.

Never tunnel.  Ever.  Do you run DBM?  There are timers - my guess is if you're having issues dying, you might not have fully mastered the encounters.  If you run DBM, put the cooldown timers of boss abilities somewhere you're comfortable with where you can see it without staring at it.  Use this as your guide.  Always think 5 seconds ahead. 

For example, "Foul Stream coming in 5 seconds - I have to make a decision - dump Chaos Bolts or save Embers for slimes?  Ok, saving for slimes, let's move into a position where I can get some solid AoE down...OH, let's get a Rain of Fire down WHILE I'm moving into position!"

If you can make decisions like this before each ability (Prisons on Sha, Foul Stream on Shamans, Shockwave on Nazgrim, etc.), you'll increase your survivability AND your DPS.  You don't need to pick between DPS and survivability.

I joke but i was thrown into heroic from flex and one normal raid. This back from a break. I started raiding a couple months ago

So strat plu class is killing me.

Take some time and read through the raid guides here at Icy-Veins.  Then watch a video while referring back to the guide.  The entire time you're watching, think about what you'd do next in the encounter.

So tonight I get to heroic raid but I've been doing LFR a lot and found out somethings I've been doing wrong and what I've been using to help myself.  So I custom made a wave that lets me know when immolate drops off.  Because I know the noise and am concentrating more I haven't been dropping immolate like I used too.  The other thing I noticed is that I completely blank out and panic in situations.. dunno where this is coming from but I've been realizing it now and it's happening less and less with noise alerts to smack me back into focus.  

PROC line ups.  SO researching I found the expanded mind/DS line up nicely (someone already told me this) and am actually getting a feel for these procs.  Also the 4 piece ember generation and not always sticking to affdots changing yellow and getting a feel to when i'm hitting that recast window has caused more ember generation.  Depending on how my damage is in the raid tonight and if I've overcome these issues of immolate uptime and correctly casting cb's, I'm going to work on internal cooldown/lining up proc's better.  So step one: Crit'd immolate uptime, know your procs to cb better.

A couple questions:

I've seen doing fights in the perspective of warlocks but are their any detailed videos on any of the heroic encounters about doing x soo fight warlock style.  With breakdowns ect.   I ask this because I'm having some problems with fights like for example seige crafter.  My melee is blowing up the missles before I have a chance to target them so I've given up on running to a missle and just hitting something that is close enough to target.  When the rings of fire come and essentially isolate You i've had problems staying alive, keeping damage on the boss, and avoiding the drills due to being confined into a narrow row and no damage mitigation cooldown to use.

Will a cooldown counter like the kind in forte exorcist help with the internal cooldown of the procs or is there some way to track this?

On the Fallen protectors, even if I'm rusty on aff would I be better of trying to dot everything or stick to destro. If I'm doing aff what aoe do drop to during desperate measures ROF? ROF dot dot dot or drain?

Is it okay to start launching cb with just one of my main intel procs totems or purified bindings?  Is it okay to launch a cb with the 4 piece crit buff?  I'm not talking about being ember capped or close to it.

Finally I know you all get this question a lot but at my i level 574 what should my damage be if the rest of the raid is averaging 580?

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Answering the question of how much damage you should be doing at any ilvl is very hard to do thanks to proc RNG and fight mechanics. The best way to know if your DPS is up to your ilvl is to compare your logs to someone who did really well on the same fight. In the same kill speed They may have a few more embers from increased stats but you can see things like how they dealt with adds coming in or with a certain other mechanic or even simple things like Immolate uptime.

Now to answer other questions.

Dealing with fight mechanics is not always the same person to person. I do belts on SC and our raid doesn't see missles because they fucking suck to deal with. That being said, what are your ranged doing during missles? Follow them and improve off it. You have gateways (the despawn on pull for SC so note that) and you have KJC. You are awesome at moving and surviving.

ICD's can be tracked with various addons. Some are specifically for ICD's and others are focused on auras and ability usage. I personally use weak auras and have it scan my combat log

for the time PBI procs. I watched a guide way back on YouTube for this idea and I don't remember its title but you can probably just search "weak auras ICD". Same idea for the specific addons, just google "ICD tracker".

If you can't play Affliction and blank out with Destro, Affliction will drive you to insanity. You will probably pull about the same numbers with Affliction panicing dotting everything as you will with Destro in almost full control without wasting time learning the spec. Also, I'm sure in saying this someone will tell me through a massive amount of theory crafting that I am wrong, but don't RoF in Affliction. Please use SoC and DrS....

Lots of rules to answer CB question so heres a basic guide. PBI is up, launch them all. No PBI but it is close to being ready even with a KTT/BBoY proc, make sure you spend in proc but can get back up to 3-4 for PBI DS combo. PBI is not close and KTT/BBoY is up, spend them. Nothing is up, proc your 4pc and spend 1-2 if you are at 3-4 (just don't ever be less than two embers without a proc). Boss mechanic incoming like a Juggs effect and no procs in sight, push your 4pc to proc and spend so that you don't have a time where you will be capped out of range or having to move.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

If you can't play Affliction and blank out with Destro, Affliction will drive you to insanity. You will probably pull about the same numbers with Affliction panicing dotting everything as you will with Destro in almost full control without wasting time learning the spec. Also, I'm sure in saying this someone will tell me through a massive amount of theory crafting that I am wrong, but don't RoF in Affliction. Please use SoC and DrS....

I won´t tell you, you´re wrong but, the question, in which constellation RoF is stronger than SoC etc, is overshadowed by another question: Why would someone play affli for heavy AoE fights. AoE, not MT-fights. 

I won´t tell you, you´re wrong but, the question, in which constellation RoF is stronger than SoC etc, is overshadowed by another question: Why would someone play affli for heavy AoE fights. AoE, not MT-fights.

Well said, but even then, Affliction Soul Swap abuse on that fight for boss and all adds is best regardless because the spec is so strong here holding empowered DoT's. Protectors is definitely not considered an "AoE heavy" fight though and you are correct in saying the other two are the AoE kings of the game. Every warlock should have an offspec or two they know well if they want to maximize their play (and have way more fun).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8chmmyyiytg8i9g4/

Alright so thanks to your all's help I'm doing a lot better.  Yes I have fatal mistakes and crap but on the whole much more damage.  ONE last question and I really appreciate you all!!!

WHAT am I dying too?  I figured out I wasn't using a cooldown on prisons but I feel like I'm dying (i figure it's my fault) but don't know why!  I'm normally not asked to dispel anything and I know on one of the fights I can singe my own debuff.