FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sifon

Back from a long break, need to catch up

Hello everyone, I'm back from a 8-9 months of break and I'm thinking about raiding again. I know for most of us raiding in MoP is pretty much over but I want to get back on shape before WoD hits. There are no major patches released after I quit and current content is on farm but I want to perform my best and I hate lack of knowledge. So, I really appreciate a quick summery about what's going on lately.

Hey Sifon, long time no see.  Link your armory or give item level.  Also, I don't remember your progression or proficiency with specs.  I can catch you up in no time.

There's this raid called Siege of Orgrimmar where you get to raid Orgrimmar, it's pretty cool, but has been going on way too long.

Vol'jin is the new Warchief, which is cool.

You should probably play Destro.

Altough I missed some first kills, I progressed until Thok HC. I was doing good with Aff and Destro but never catched up with Demo after Lei Shen trinket nerfs(Rest in peace, most fun I had playing this game :/). Armory is here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Sifon/simple. Thank you for help Zagam! You are a life saver

Also Liquidsteel, I quit 8-9 months ago and content was pretty much cleared, still same content... Last tier of expansions are always the same

Yeah, I killed Heroic Thok before last Blizzcon.  LAST BLIZZCON!  WHAT DA FUQ!  Siege has been out for quite some time..

Sif, if you're comfortable with Destro, stay comfortable with it.  Easiest spec to maximize and provide utility in the last 3 fights.  Warlocks are very good at Siegecrafter for add control, Paragons for survival, and Garrosh for add control, utility, and survival as well as damage.  Stay on the good path and you'll be 14/14h soon.

Destro it is then, aff might take some time to get used to anyways it's been a long time. Anything changed in destro in last 9 months? :D

It scales ridiculously well.  Check out the thread where I record everyone's biggest Chaos Bolt.  There are some monsters out there. 

I saw over 4 millions WTF! Never thought destro would be the scaling spec

Edited by Sifon

5 Million is definitely possible without any external buffs now, recklessfear holds the record and I don't think he was even using the burning primal.

They all are, actually.

To give you an idea of how each is scaling, here are my personal DPS bests on Heroic Malkorok (10 man).

Affliction: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwzQRgdapNWk3jVc#fight=17&type=damage-done 444k

Demonology: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6KkBCTcVtqdWpyLY#fight=20&type=damage-done 527k

Destruction: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nPC378YpTtafJKDM#fight=27&type=damage-done 424k

This is just one fight with some RNG, but you can see how things go.  My Demo parse was astronomically good (still #1) with some good RNG.  Other fights, could have been better, but these are high percentile numbers.  25 man numbers are even more crazy.

I just checked my guild's logs and saw warlocks playing demo, is there a reason for that? WoL ranks maybe?

Edited by Sifon

Or perhaps, like me and some of the other locks, they simply enjoy playing it. I'm so bored of destro, so I currently run demo/aff, just to keep things fresh.

All destro and no play makes Jack a dull boy, I know how it feels but when I opened last raid log I saw tons of demo ranks and it was my first thought

Demo isn't weak, it just isn't as brokenly OP as Affliction, and doesn't lack any weaknesses a la Destruction.

It can hold its own against most other specs pretty comfortably, and can easily top single target damage too if played well (excluding good RNG Affliction).

People on general forums and mmo-champion keep repeating this mantra of "demo is weak, demo is underpowered, Celestalon is a troll" when he tells them it is fine, and they spam links to raidbots rankings as proof.

Truth is it just takes way more effort and preplanning to do well with, and the majority of people can't be bothered with it. I think it is an extremely rewarding spec when played well, and definitely the most fun out of our 3 choices.

Demo is harder.  So many don't do it well.  So Raidbots averages are pulled down.  Skilled Warlocks can do well with all 3 specs, but just as Liquid stated - Demo has some weaknesses in regards to mechanics on some fights.  It also, as you can see in some logs, can perform very well.  The people who say Demo need buffed on forums need a mental buff IRL.  Or at least a complaining nerf.

Oh, Sifon - while you were gone, this new logging website kicked it into serious gear.  If you can export the file and reload it into Warcraftlogs, we'd be very happy to analyze for you.

I wasn't logging myself so I don't think I can export it to Warcraft logs :/. I have another raid tomorrow I'll be logging myself this time