FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

Reforging from Spirit

Hi, guys!

Wasn't around for a while (got new job and Uni exams ><), nice to see you here :)

From this reset we are going back to 10-man HM raiding from 25-man HM and I wanted to adjust my gear.

Actually, I got new boots and Blackfuse's trinket a day before.

So I wanted to hit 46.83% Haste cap, to drop the Spirit to 8-9K and reforge it to Crit.

But I can't :( Already reforged all the Spirit and still on 11.5K. AskMrRobot cuts it to 11200, but not more.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Pandacho/advanced

I have loads of another gear, but really not sure what I can swap without making things worse. AskMrRobot just continue to put Tier pieces in all the slots :-/

I have (HM ver or Warforged): DPS Legendary Cloak, Nazgrim's trinket, Shoulderguards of Dark Meditation, Tier Shoulders, Cowl of Smoking Dreams, Petrified Pennyroyal Ring, Treads of Autonomic Motion, Kardris Scepter and Enigmatic Barrier, Cavemaker Wristguards, Ebon Blood Chest, Seal of Sullen Fury, Necklace of Mogy Empress, jaggernauts Power Core, Revelations of.., Soul-Soaked Gloves, Fire-totem bracers...

i like stacking crit with like 9k spirit, get 30% haste, buffed, and put the rest in mastery.

if you try the crazy haste points let us know how it goes. it seems like more haste = easier to run mana dry.

if you dont mind dropping the 4 set, you can get the ele chest. it's more crit and mastery and less spirit.

how does the haste focus work out for Thok?

although, if you can hit 50% haste with 40%+ crit, you pretty much outgear the entire place.

I just got heroic ele chest today and was thinking about dropping 4T16 resto bonus. I will try it in the next raid, even that I use this bonus on CD. I also got heroic warforged haste boots today, but can't 4/4 upgrade any of them until next week >< If it'll go well with the chest, should I change the gloves for the ele ones too?

Haste on Thok works perfect - nothing better than haste :) I'll bring the logs later.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the 4pc, and would drop it for higher ilvl or better itemized gear in a hot second.

I think you're in a really good place after that.  Nice RT blankets, good HRs, good HST uptime.  

So previously it's been calculated that the gain in secondaries from going to HWF off-set pieces isn't worth it (given the 4pc is used on cooldown blah blah blah), but that didn't take into account the change in Spirit, afaik. Overall, if you really want to drop the Spirit then you would be safe getting rid of the 4-set.

So previously it's been calculated that the gain in secondaries from going to HWF off-set pieces isn't worth it (given the 4pc is used on cooldown blah blah blah), but that didn't take into account the change in Spirit, afaik. Overall, if you really want to drop the Spirit then you would be safe getting rid of the 4-set.

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of it's implementation.  In a perfect world, it's a gain.

A bunch of new data from yesterday's raid (8 HMs).

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mjMzXhdbxVcAgqFR#boss=-2

I dropped 4T16 resto bonus and swapped resto tier chest&gloves for ele tier chest&gloves. My intention was to cut the Spirit from 11K to 9K and to get some Crit instead. Haste remained unchanged (50% breakpoint).

Stats that I got: Spirit: 9200, Mastery:70.5%, Crit: 34.3%, Haste: 50.16%.

It went really bad. I didn't have any mana problems, but the healing was felt unsteady and like 'not enough'.

I did first 5 bosses with 2T16 resto bonus and ele chest and gloves, and switched back to full resto with 4T16 bonus on IJ, Shamans and Nazgrim.

Stats that I got in full resto: Spirit: 11200, Mastery:69.24%, Crit: 31.87%, Haste: 50.28%. Not such a difference in numbers, but a big difference in healing.

So, I get to conclusion that it was a bad idea. Maybe I'll give it another go when I'll be able to push Crit to 40% at least.

Yeah, I don't see much point in a high Haste build.  The majority of our healing is pretty passive (HST/HR), and I get that their breakpoints could be big, but they also gain equally from Crit, as well as the other 50% of your healing.

Hi, Hybrys!

Your reply inspired me to write this post, but I'm taking the wider situation in WoW healing, so please, do not take it personally :)

Passive or active style of healing - it's our choice, not something that carved in stone.

I argued a lot with this statement and already showed in my guild and raid group that I can outheal every healing class with every other healing class (1. didn't do this with monk - he's still on the Horde side, and I'm playing Alliance for the last year 2. in normal circumstances - not in specific situations when one class is definitely better).

Being reactive healer or being proactive - it's in people's minds and behavior, not in Blizzard's class design.

I give this statement, because there are lots of new healers who try to find guides and directions on Icy Veins. It's not right, imo, if one of the first thing they'd see here is 'Here are your limits, don't push, it's pointless'.

We have to try new things, to plan, to coordinate our work with other healers in raid and in the end you'll get a healers team, and not just a bunch of 2-6 passive strangers who throw HoTs and hope for the best.

About my 50% Haste spec: I use it in 10-man only, in 25-man I use 30% Haste, rest to Crit. There are several reasons not related to healing here (except of those related). First - I use shaman utility a lot - stans, dispels, interrupt, purge, so I need a time to put this in. Second - I coordinate the healing in both formats, so I have to do my healing work faster to be able to see what every one of the healers is doing and to call for changes if needed.

Anyways, this is a personal preferences. I'm not calling for everyone to change their builds to Haste, but want to show that there are many ways to be a good healer, not only 'the Right One'. :)

It's kind of the same for DPS.

Comfortability will always trump the 'best' setup, and playstyle is going to be the largest part of any good setup.

Experimentation is a good thing, but knowing where your strengths lie is also very important.