FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Optimistic

Concede - why people do that all the time?!

I could not find any discussion talking about conceding but it is getting more and more annoying as more and more people have started to just give up.

Is it really so hard to wait another 10 seconds and let the other (winning) one to finish the game?

I especially hate when there is only one turn left. We both know who is the winner (me :) ). He finishes his turn with a lot of actions. And he gives up before I could do annnything. So not fair play! He makes some extra xp for himself and won't give me 10 seconds to me to finish him?

I am not a slow player. I think people just don't want to give the satisfaction to others. I am a pretty beginner player (I can use only the basic deck suggestions from here) which means these people are definitely taking the joy away!

Not to mention some daily quests could be finished quicker if these *s (1 star people...) would have any playing moral!

I can expect conceding only in a few cases, when you realize you have to finish the game because you have to leave. Or it is a long way to go till the end but you already know your character will die (bad hand). Otherwise, I am telling you here all guys, I hate all of them and it is a huge disappointment, frequent and permanent behaviour like this is not punished!!!!

I'm a little confused.  Conceding should have the same effect as if you won.  Including completing your quests, and not offering them any extra XP.

People concede because it makes them feel better, like they didn't lose and instead gave up.  It's a silly psychological thing.

Well, its also a time management thing.  Why stay and let the other person beat you when you can concede and move on to the next game?  Why waste both of the players time?  If you're going for some specific quest like "cast 40 spells" or "kill 40 minions" or w/e then yea you don't want to concede.

The same idea goes for BM, why waste other peoples time?

I always concede when I know for certain that I'm going to lose. The only reason is that it makes it faster to start a new game.

Why concede?

Well... They tell me I have some memory problems and some cognitive issues, but I still count pretty good.  If I can see that they have the points on the board to take me out, but I have a quest, then I throw what I can for my quest and then I give them precisely 3 seconds to do something, ANYTHING, after passing in case they have a quest too.

But, if I see the cards in their hands moving as if they are trying to decide what to play, I assume they are either a) being "an ash" or b) have a little trouble counting the points with their shoes on. 

And, Oh!  My!  God!  How many times do you have to look at the same card before you know what it is?!

Hey, I gave them 3 seconds if they are trying to do something for a quest.  Beyond that, I don't have enough time remaining in my life to sweat dipsnorts and remedial "mathmagicians".  Before I hit "end turn", I already have a pretty good idea what I'm going to play my next turn unless they really surprise me with some huge twist and I assume if I can still do it, most other people probably can also.  So, I concede and move on to my next match.

They still get the full "xp" for the win.  I still lose the "xp" for the loss.  The only thing they "missed out on" was maybe some quest points, but more likely just a chance to showboat.  "Look what I could have done next round if I didn't already have you beaten."  Yeah, sorry.  I don't have time coddle their egotism.

• Like 3

Hello, thank you all for your replies!

@Hybrys

Sorry if I was a bit confusing. My complaint is this: the game is getting closer to the end. It is obvious seeing my summoned minions it is gonna be lethal but only next turn. It is the other player's turn right before the last one. He plays whatever he does, usually a whole armada of cards. It takes time while I have to wait him to finish his turn, especially they count and think at the begining of their turn. When they finished their moves, they hit the concede button. Not giving me 1 (one) second to do my final move. Since I have so much time to think during their long turn what I could do at the final one, I am 100%x1000 ready to do my last moves. But no chance. They give up before or right after hitting the 'end turn' button. So they completely take their time 'to show off' (as others describe as their argument against letting the winning one doing all the last moves). But they won't let the winning one do anything OMG because it is 2 seconds extra of my so worthly life. Btw if it is so precious, they would live a more active life not sitting in front of the computer. I talk of course in general...

I do believe after the 'time argument', psychological reason is the biggest factor when people concede.

Well, its also a time management thing.  Why stay and let the other person beat you when you can concede and move on to the next game?  Why waste both of the players time?  If you're going for some specific quest like "cast 40 spells" or "kill 40 minions" or w/e then yea you don't want to concede.

The same idea goes for BM, why waste other peoples time?

Maybe because that is called fair play. And you would like to do your last moves for a tiny bit more xp. If it won't take time, a full turn, why wouldn't you give the chance. My problem is that they don't give a single chance for me to finish in 2 (two) seconds after doing all their moves, really annoying, since it can take quite often a full round while they carry out their plan. Just to make clear, I am talking about the situation mentioned just above.

So yeah, giving a bit of time, that is what I would call fair play! Of course if the winner takes time to do anything then yeah, time argument is more valid (still not fully for me).

Although three seconds seems to be short it would be just enough to make my lethal move on you haha

Finally someone.

What you and many more people think it is a showboat, that is done more for xp. Since you get the xp for winning either way the only way to get more xp out of the game is to do play as much as you can... I gave up on this idea since I realized most of the people don't even give the chance for the last turn or whoever does, I should feel lucky.

Anyway 2 weeks ago, I had a beautiful game ending. I had a 22/17-ish minion, opponent 1 life point. No more buffer only the last move. End: -21. That was beautiful. My opponent must have enjoyed it as well. :) :P

Why concede?

Well... They tell me I have some memory problems and some cognitive issues, but I still count pretty good.  If I can see that they have the points on the board to take me out, but I have a quest, then I throw what I can for my quest and then I give them precisely 3 seconds to do something, ANYTHING, after passing in case they have a quest too.

But, if I see the cards in their hands moving as if they are trying to decide what to play, I assume they are either a) being "an ash" or cool.png have a little trouble counting the points with their shoes on. 

And, Oh!  My!  God!  How many times do you have to look at the same card before you know what it is?!

Hey, I gave them 3 seconds if they are trying to do something for a quest.  Beyond that, I don't have enough time remaining in my life to sweat dipsnorts and remedial "mathmagicians".  Before I hit "end turn", I already have a pretty good idea what I'm going to play my next turn unless they really surprise me with some huge twist and I assume if I can still do it, most other people probably can also.  So, I concede and move on to my next match.

They still get the full "xp" for the win.  I still lose the "xp" for the loss.  The only thing they "missed out on" was maybe some quest points, but more likely just a chance to showboat.  "Look what I could have done next round if I didn't already have you beaten."  Yeah, sorry.  I don't have time coddle their egotism.

Trolls don't care about fair play. Hell, half the internet doesn't. To them it is a way to either let out frustration and end it quickly. They don't think about other people, they just BM and do their thing.

I concede as soon as I know I have lost 100%.  Sadly too many "enjoy" the win and take forever on their last turn buffing a minion to 10/10 when the 1 damage is all they need etc.

Just a time saver.  

I appreciate the quest argument though.  I have  afeeling that there are more show boaters than questers though ;)

Got annoyed far too many times with players having lethal on board but deciding to kill my few non-taunt minions on board and then pull out leeroy or some such fancy card, buff it up and go for face. Yeah, I get it, you have a great deck and draw, good for you. 

• Like 1

Hello, thank you all for your replies!

@Hybrys

Sorry if I was a bit confusing. My complaint is this: the game is getting closer to the end. It is obvious seeing my summoned minions it is gonna be lethal but only next turn. It is the other player's turn right before the last one. He plays whatever he does, usually a whole armada of cards. It takes time while I have to wait him to finish his turn, especially they count and think at the begining of their turn. When they finished their moves, they hit the concede button. Not giving me 1 (one) second to do my final move. Since I have so much time to think during their long turn what I could do at the final one, I am 100%x1000 ready to do my last moves. But no chance. They give up before or right after hitting the 'end turn' button. So they completely take their time 'to show off' (as others describe as their argument against letting the winning one doing all the last moves). But they won't let the winning one do anything OMG because it is 2 seconds extra of my so worthly life. Btw if it is so precious, they would live a more active life not sitting in front of the computer. I talk of course in general...

I do believe after the 'time argument', psychological reason is the biggest factor when people concede.

Try imagining yourself in their shoes. I had 3 Taunted 18/18 Molten Giants. If my opponent hadn't conceded at that exact moment, I would have thought there was something wrong with them. =P

Picture this: you're quest is 5 wins. You're on your second match of the day with only 1 win in front of you and your current opponent has been clearly dragging this game out for 20 minutes while he desperately waits on his elite cards to play. If you're anything like myself and the other 75% of card players, you evaluate the board and see if it's worth wasting another 2 minutes to find the outcome. OR, you KNOW you are going to lose and need to move on with the remainder of your quest.

Either way, if your deck and your skills are as good as you think they are (not saying they are, not saying they aren't), then whatever minuscule amount of xp you lose from players conceding early will be made up for in wins alone. Perhaps even learn to take pride in the win itself, and not just the quality of the win. Best of luck to you, regardless. :)

• Like 1