FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

What's Coming for Gilneas in the Near Future?

66146-updates-to-tirisfal-glades-and-und

Calia Menethil sends Greymane an interesting letter about Gilneas City at the end of the Return to Lordaeron Return to Lordaeron questline. In this post, we analyze the letter in more detail. This post contains story spoilers.

At the end of the Return to Lordaeron Return to Lordaeron questline on the Alliance side, you will receive a quest called "Report to Greymane" and the Letter to Greymane Letter to Greymane from Calia Menethil which reads as follows:

King Greymane,

The ally you sent to aid us was most effective, and in return for your patience, I offer welcome news.

With the formation of the new Desolate Council, one of the first topics I propose is the withdrawal of Forsaken troops from the kingdom of Gilneas. In time I hope that we may come closer to agreement and see both lands into a brighter future.

Warm Regards,

Calia Menethil

<The Pallid Lady>

With the formation of the new Desolate Council, Calia proposed the withdrawal of Forsaken troops from the kingdom of Gilneas. Does that mean the Worgen will finally reclaim Gilneas City in Dragonflight?

Gilneas City as a main city hub wouldn't be that hard for Blizzard to implement. The zone already exists and it only needs to be updated with NPCs  and a flight path.

Check out MrGM's video below for more details.

• Like 1

This is neat for Worgen but the Calia thing makes no sense.

I mean she's literally nobody to no one in the Forsaken and they're just like "Hey you random lady come lead our people with us".

Like WHAT?!? lol

It is so stupid it hurts every time I see it.

I mean maybe she can just hang out and be a quest giver that's cool but giving her any kind of leadership role is fried.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

I mean she's literally nobody to no one in the Forsaken and they're just like "Hey you random lady come lead our people with us".

Like WHAT?!? lol

I mean maybe she can just hang out and be a quest giver that's cool but giving her any kind of leadership role is fried.

They might be dead but they're still the citizens of Lordaeron.  They remember King Terenas Menethil and his family and they know that as the last remaining member of the family she's the rightful heir to the throne.  Terenas was a popular king and I'd imagine most of them would be more than happy to have his daughter in charge.

Edited by Edgetaraz
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

Like WHAT?!? lol

She is not a nobody. She may have shown up randomly, but literally everyone knows who she is. The main reason the player base doesn't know who she is is because most of her story was put into a book instead of the actual game. 

Additionally, she wasn't just given a position on the desolate council for no reason. She was a huge help to the forsaken in organizing those involved in cleaning Lordaeron and she's helped several undead (specifically Derek Proudmoore and a huge chunk of the Darkfallen) to accept their new lives.

The actual problem with Calia is the fact that she doesn't fit the traditional forsaken archetype and that she seems more like a character that was clearly alliance-oriented. She was even stupid enough to try and get the forsaken to join the alliance before she was killed by Sylvanas and got resurrected as a "light undead" for no reason.

That's not to say that people aren't allowed to change, since (lore-wise) she now has an acceptable reason to join the council, but (from an outside perspective) her character just doesn't really fit the Horde or the forsaken. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

Like WHAT?!? lol

Pretty much what I said in another post.   Calia came out of nowhere to be the heir apparent to Sylvannas (Above she calls herself the "Pallid Lady" of the "Desolate Council", an obvious riff on Sylvanas's "Dark Lady" moniker).    Yes, she was in the book, but that made even less sense as she was "light raised undead" for...some reason...probably?    And the Forsaken accepting her with open arms to "help" them...somehow, makes even less sense.  Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, when they had a beta version of the Forsaken new character opener "...and now exist to help the living".

In a way it's kinda tradition I guess, Sylvanas came out of nowhere to suddenly be warchief due to ham fisted writing, that had Vol'Jin dying to random demon #2859 and listening to an unidentified spirit who said she should be before, you know, Baine, Saurfang, Lortheron...(two hours later)...basic campfire and Gamon.

Edited by Migol
  • Like 1

What's coming for Gilneas? In game, probably the same thing that is going on with Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst - nothing. They never bothered to update these capitals or to make them relevant by adding portals, everything had to be centered on SW/Org. So chances of them turning Gilneas City into proper capital are slim to none. Which sucks, because these zones had many good assets, that are unused now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

Like WHAT?!? lol

Calia never "forsook" the Forsaken. Even after she had her family killed by the Scourge, was forced to flee her home, saw Southshore where she resettled destroyed, she still knew that not all Undead were monsters. You can argue they haven't done a great job telling her story in game, but her goal was always to restore the relationships between the living and undead people of Lordaeron.

Edited by TheJayco

12 minutes ago, TheJayco said:

Calia never "forsook" the Forsaken. Even after she had her family killed by the Scourge, was forced to flee her home, saw Southshore where she resettled destroyed, she still knew that not all Undead were monsters. You can argue they haven't done a great job telling her story in game, but her goal was always to restore the relationships between the living and undead people of Lordaeron.

Calia didn't even exist in the game like at all until last week. That's the first problem.

The second problem is that the Forsaken aren't displaced citizens of Lordaeron, that's all old news. The Forsaken are an entirely new group of people that hold none of the old ties and Calia means nothing to them. Calia stepping in to lead is the equivalent of picking some random person out of a crowd and asking them to lead.

Why would they do that? Seriously? If we're trying to make sense of this nonsense, what possible reason would they have to include her in the Council?

Let me remind you who the Forsaken are:

Bound to the iron will of the tyrant Lich King, the vast Undead armies of the Scourge seek to eradicate all life on Azeroth. Led by the Banshee Sylvanas Windrunner, a group of renegades broke away from the Scourge and freed themselves of the Lich King's domination. Known by some as the Forsaken, this group fights a constant battle not only to retain its freedom from the Scourge, but also to slaughter those who would hunt them as monsters. With Sylvanas as their Banshee Queen, the Forsaken have built a dark stronghold beneath the ruins of Lordaeron's former capital city. This hidden Undercity forms a sprawling labyrinth that stretches beneath the haunted woods of Tirisfal Glades.

Though the very land is cursed, the zealous Humans of the Scarlet Crusade still cling to their scattered holdings, obsessed with the eradication of the Undead and retaking their homeland. Convinced that the primitive races of the Horde can help them achieve victory over their enemies, the Forsaken have entered an alliance of convenience. Harboring no true loyalty for their new allies, they go to any lengths to ensure their dark plans come to fruition. As one of the Forsaken, you must massacre any who pose a threat to the new order, Human, Undead, or otherwise.

Edited by Prophet001
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prophet001 said:

Calia didn't even exist in the game like at all until last week. That's the first problem.

The rest of your comment is meaningless, since you get the first fact inaccurate.

Calia was seen in BFA in multiple quests. Ingame, not just in novels.

Thats why only Voss should be full leader of the Forsaken, not just their representative. She is a much liked character in WoW, is around like forever, has the typical tragic but well done Forsaken backstory, always tried to be a helping hand for newly raised Forsaken and knows exactly what it means to accept the tragic burden of being "Forsaken".

Which still leaves the biggest problem unsolved though. No new Forsaken, its over. Obviously it might take a long time, but they will simply rot away as a people if no solution can be found. And I think Calia as the first "light undead" will come into play for this.

3 hours ago, Meurik said:

The rest of your comment is meaningless, since you get the first fact inaccurate.

Calia was seen in BFA in multiple quests. Ingame, not just in novels.

You're talking to a single-minded Forsaken fanboy that shown multiple times the 'oooooh, they are undead, they must be EVIL, and do evil things, not be civil and Alliance-like' thought pattern as his main reasoning.

The concept of a nation evolving beyond what they began as is outside of their understanding, even if it defies history and common sense, in-game and outside of it alike. Which is made twice as hillarious, since the Forsaken were essentially a dictatorship under Sylvanas, and dictatorship regime's culture and ideology are built on the views and wishes of the dictator.

But now, the said dictator is gone, and has no successor to continue on with her ideology, and Forsaken will transition into a new society, whether that guy likes it or not, and that's a good thing.

Edited by Teufel
  • Like 2

Uncommon Patron

*filtered* Calia, let me state this again, *filtered* Calia, again...*filtered* CALIA.....F.U.C.K..C.A.L.I.A. this light *filtered* zombie *filtered* needs to find her *filtered* off the *filtered* horde side right the *filtered* now, she's a character that has less reasons to exist than Me'dan. *filtered* terrible *filtered* her and everything she stands for in the wow universe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

She was already present in Legion and played a role in priest campaign. The thing is, only priests have seen her in their campaign, she didn't appear otherwise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arcling said:

She was already present in Legion and played a role in priest campaign. The thing is, only priests have seen her in their campaign, she didn't appear otherwise.

Blasphemy. Next thing you say is she existed ever since 2007. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Teufel said:

Blasphemy. Next thing you say is she existed ever since 2007. 

2006, Actually. She was referenced in a short story for the Horde Player's Guide of the WoW pen-and-paper RPG, as well as being mentioned in its Alliance Player's Guide counterpart.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Luname said:

2006, Actually. She was referenced in a short story for the Horde Player's Guide of the WoW pen-and-paper RPG, as well as being mentioned in its Alliance Player's Guide counterpart.

How dare u ruin the joke :<

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:27 AM, Teufel said:

How dare u ruin the joke :<

I just had to bite on that juicy bait... couldn't help it. It was too perfect.

• Like 1