FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch

UOrTZQ4.jpg

Blizzard have announced fresh start servers will be coming with the WotLK pre-patch, so players will be able to level from 1 to 70 in preparation for the new expansion on new realms. 

Blizzard LogoWotLK Pre-Patch Fresh Start (Source)

With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch, we intend to open “Fresh Start” realms for players who wish to experience starting a new character and playing alongside a new community of others.

In addition to fulfilling a request we’ve heard from players for a long time, we expect there to be a lot of new Classic players joining us for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King, and some of them may be concerned that they’ll feel behind. Fresh Start realms should give those players a chance to feel as though they’re on an even playing field with everyone else.

These realms will be Wrath of the Lich King Classic realms from day one, so when they launch, they’ll have all of the talent trees and player abilities coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic, but all players will start new characters at level 1. Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:

• For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
  • For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
  • Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.

All of the WoW Classic and Burning Crusade dungeons and zones will be unlocked and available on these realms. On all realms, Northrend will be locked until Wrath’s official launch day.

As a reminder, this is one of several steps we’re taking over the next few months to prepare for Wrath Classic:

• PvE to PvP transfer restrictions removed*
  • Wrath Classic closed beta test
  • Classic Era clone service retired
  • Existing realms consolidated**
  • New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic pre-patch
  • Wrath of the Lich King launch

*This will include the removal of the restriction on having characters of both factions on a PvP realm.

**Before we consolidate realms, we’re going to remove the restriction on the number of characters you can create on each realm, up to the limit of 50 characters per account.

Ultimately, we hope to see players spread out onto all of the available realms as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches. For players looking for a chance at faction balance, we’re hopeful that by starting fresh, they’ll have a chance to stay balanced for a long time. For players looking for a chance to level up in dungeons, we hope the presence of other leveling players makes that more likely.

We’re excited about all of this, and we hope you’re excited about it too. We’ll see you in Azeroth!

• Like 2

That's a good news indeed, now I might consider getting there.

The only question is how much time will we have to level up. I hope it's more than 2 or 3 weeks.

• Like 1

So are they still gonna let us move our 70’s onto those severs when it’s released? like they did with our 60’s for BCC or will there specific servers for those characters? 

Uncommon Patron
2 hours ago, kacerz said:

That's a good news indeed, now I might consider getting there.

The only question is how much time will we have to level up. I hope it's more than 2 or 3 weeks.

uhhhh...90 days!?

Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:

• For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
  • For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.

4 hours ago, Niandrios said:

So are they still gonna let us move our 70’s onto those severs when it’s released? like they did with our 60’s for BCC or will there specific servers for those characters? 

The fresh start servers will not have any transfers for 90 days, as stated in the post.

So I'm confused. Are all WotLK servers going to be fresh start servers? I really don't want to have to start over at level 1 and I don't want to have to wait 3 months to play my established characters in Northrend. 

3 hours ago, Natalas said:

So I'm confused. Are all WotLK servers going to be fresh start servers? I really don't want to have to start over at level 1 and I don't want to have to wait 3 months to play my established characters in Northrend. 

No. All TBC server will either give you the option to move on to Wrath or move you to Wrath automatically.

I'm not sure if Blizzard has decided whether or not they will leave TBC servers after Wrath releases but current TBC toons will definitely have the option at the very least of continuing on to Wrath.

13 hours ago, Calysia said:

uhhhh...90 days!?

Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:

They don' say how long before the launch of Wrath this will be so we don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Prophet001 said:

They don' say how long before the launch of Wrath this will be so we don't know yet.

It does. And I quote 

FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS

90 DAYS

AT LEAST 90

1 hour ago, Enteg said:

It does. And I quote 

FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS

90 DAYS

AT LEAST 90

You're missing the point. Back off on the aggression.

The question was how long will we have to level up (implied is before the expansion drops). It had nothing to do with how long until transfers are allowed.

Can I just ask a question I can not seem to find an answer to?

what level will you need to be to participate in the pre patch event and have another shot at getting the very rare tabard of the argent dawn?

Here is a silly question, that probably has been asked before, but being not the sharpest colour in the box, I need to ask...  To be able to play the upcoming Wotlk, does one need the classic TBC?  I would like to just play Wotlk, not caring about TBC at all.  I don't play classic WOW, but really enjoyed Northrend and to be honest Panda land. If one can pick and chose whch classic, great, but I have no idea.  Sorry for the gibberish of my question, brain is not exactly acting right these days.  🤕  Thanks for any help.  

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, roo said:

Here is a silly question, that probably has been asked before, but being not the sharpest colour in the box, I need to ask...  To be able to play the upcoming Wotlk, does one need the classic TBC?  I would like to just play Wotlk, not caring about TBC at all.  I don't play classic WOW, but really enjoyed Northrend and to be honest Panda land. If one can pick and chose whch classic, great, but I have no idea.  Sorry for the gibberish of my question, brain is not exactly acting right these days.  🤕  Thanks for any help.  

Nope just an active subscription. You should be able to choose game version Wotlk Classic in Battlenet, like it's set up now to choose between Vanilla or TBC.

• Like 1

Thank you Nillaus, much appreciated. I will have to write this down, to remember to go to classic that WotLK is coming.  Thanks again.