widdarr

[Frost] Dps Help please

7 posts in this topic

So, I decided to start playing my mage for our guild farm bosses/minor progression instead of my warlock.  I feel like my dps is a bit low for my gear, and was hoping someone could take a look at a quick flex log (don't have any norm/heroic on warcraftlogs).

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L8MVfTxJ3KpzZFCD

Just did malkorok for an easy single target fight, wasn't thinking and had nether tempest but I don't think that's a "huge" difference.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Luminescense/advanced

Edited by widdarr

Ok, I'll do what I can to get you on the path to more dps :) I'll just look at your Malk kill.

Nether Tempest: Not optimal, but you know that, and mistakes happen. Regardless, uptime was only 93.98%. On Malkorok, you should be over 95% uptime for your bomb, period.

Invocation: 94.37% uptime, this should be 95%+, though 100% uptime is not optimal, shoot for 97% or so.

Ice Lance usage: 30 FoF procs, 30 Ice Lance casts. Well done, you never want to use it without FoF, as it does abysmally low dmg.

Frostfire Bolt: 36 Brain Freeze procs, only 30 FFB casts. Try not to miss these, you missed out on a fair bit of dmg from those 6 missed procs.

Basically, just try to keep on top of your procs, and maximize uptimes on bomb and L90 talent. You have a good grasp of Frost, so just polish it up a little and you'll be golden :)

Indeed, on Nazgrim your proc usage wasn't as good as it was on Malkorok. You wasted a lot of Brain Freeze procs, and wasted GCDs on Ice Lance without FoF procs. Invoker's Energy uptime was still a little below optimal, but it was over 90%, so not bad. Bomb uptime is harder to look at on Nazgrim, but it looked ok, considering all the different adds.

I think most of those Ice Lances un-procced were on deep freezes.  I don't know why I struggle to get brain freeze procs off but handle ice lance procs better, probably because I can hold two. Working on that for sure.

Ah, that would make sense on the Ice Lances on Deep Freeze targets. Between Brain Freeze only having one charge, and haste increasing bomb tick speed, and thus faster possible procs, it gives you a smaller window of time to use the proc before you risk wasting it.

Are you still progressing?

Cant fathom why you would waste FoF procs on deepfreeze :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By Narii625

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING*
      Tank All DPS (Healer offspec preferred but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BFA!
      Currently looking for a skilled and laid back Tank & DPS for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      SCHEDULE UNTIL BFA**
      Fridays currently for core raiders for partial Heroic or Mythic.
      Sundays reserved for non-mandatory alt runs for a full Heroic clear. (NOT carry runs.)
      If ilvl is high enough, you can join for Friday (950+) and Sunday (945+) on any character, not just the one you want to play in BFA.

*The class you play in BFA can be different from what you play now; we will be flexible until the expansion hits.
                **Schedule subject to changes.

Fill out our Application form & add me on Battle.net and/or Discord! 
      LadyPluu#1299 (Bnet)
      🦉LadyPluu🌙#4473 (Discord)
      Recruitment Officer
    • By Riotzin
      <Pickle Palace> is a recently formed guild on Illidan, but is made up of veteran players who wanted to take a step back from semi-hardcore raiding. We are currently raiding Mythic Antorus (9/11), with our goal being to finish it out before the end of the expansion. Our community is actively playing outside of raid time, pushing M+ and hanging out on discord.

We raid on a 2 day schedule. Our raid days are Tuesday and Wednesday 9-12 EST. And will be adding a 3rd raid day for BfA! (Thursday or Monday)

We are currently recruiting,

All Exceptional Ranged DPS
      &
      Shaman w/ offpsec heals

Expectations
      Have a great attitude every night. Be prepared for every raid; this includes purchasing consumables and studying encounter strategies. We provide feast/codex/flasks other consumables are your responsibility Zero tolerance policy for criticizing others' performance. Officers will take care of it, worry about yourself and yourself only. Be critical of your performance and take time outside of raiding hours to analyze warcraftlogs for personal improvement. Have fun. We love playing with each other in a friendly, team-oriented, boss-crushing atmosphere -- and you should too! Must be able to tolerate adult language
      If you are interested in joining <Pickle Palace> please contact,

Codesta#1454 (Codestâ) - GM
      Fellife#1994 (Gakdh) - Officer
      FrostyDog#155103 (Riotzen) - Raid Lead
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15