FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Solo Huolon Fam Method for Onyx Cloud Serpent Mount

0vX9kxx.jpg

The Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent is one of the more sought after legacy mounts and has always been a tricky one to get, due to many players still camping the spawn. Luckily, Arhqirah has found an easy way to get the boss to yourself and solo it, but you'll need a lower level character to do it (but with the XP buff up for another few days, you can easily level a character to the required lvl 20). Here's the video and written explanation:

Hello fellow Mountfarmers! I’ve just released a video with a trick that makes it 1000% easier to camp huolon and obtain the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent mount, it can be done solo & at a relatively low lvl. Anyway i suggest you check it out if you need the mount!

I'd love to make a written guide for this aswell, however you need to stand in very specific spots for this trick to work, so it's kinda hard to share in a written form, however I'll summarize:

Have a character with flying between lvl 20-49, activate chromietime for Pandaria, Go to Timeless isle at Huolon's spawn point. The thing is, in chromietime Huolon is almost always up, the reason for this is, that he is basically a raidboss in chromietime, oneshotting everyone he attacks, this is where my trick comes in. You can pull him and stand in very specific spots to completely nullify his dmg. One of the spots is on top of the ruins just by his spawn. You'll need to do some parkour to get there. The other is very close to the edge of the mountain close nearby.

Cheers and have a wonderful day!

2 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

Seems like it's on the wrong side of the line for 'clever use of game mechanics', and even though its old content, use at your own risk.

I don't see how this is "on the wrong side of the line". Nothing is being modified to do this, it is all part of the in-built mechanics so, what's issue?

19 minutes ago, Madyrn said:

I don't see how this is "on the wrong side of the line". Nothing is being modified to do this, it is all part of the in-built mechanics so, what's issue?

'Doing some parkour' to get onto a pillar and 'completely nullify his dmg' is not part of the built in mechanics, but don't take my word for it, find some others that did KJ in SWP back in the day and ask them about the lamp.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

'Doing some parkour' to get onto a pillar and 'completely nullify his dmg' is not part of the built in mechanics, but don't take my word for it, find some others that did KJ in SWP back in the day and ask them about the lamp.

Huolon, if I remember correctly, doesnt use any autoattack. He just constantly casts the frontal breath while tracking you. He is pulling him in a way that lets Huolon be "in range" but on a different Z axis, meaning he is just out ranging the breath while still being in range of Huolon. That specific wall they use was also used all the time for world pvp back in MoP for easy bloody coin farming since non ranged players couldnt hit you back, and even if they tried to get on the wall, it took a bit of time to get to the top and you were most likely killed by the ranged dps up top farming before you could get to them.
    There are a lot similar mechanics people have done to cheese things like that that blizzard is A okay with. The first that comes to mind when doing parkour, is snapping mobs in M+ in bfa.
    Your example is also a very poor comparison, as Huolon is not a current content raid that rewards players with power once defeated with a cheese strat.

also "doing some parkour" was absolutely a part of built in mechanics on the timeless isle. As there were treasure chests AND rares that you could not get to unless you could parkour to them one way or another.

Edited by Flowerhorn
    • Like 2
    • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flowerhorn said:

Huolon, if I remember correctly, doesnt use any autoattack. He just constantly casts the frontal breath while tracking you. He is pulling him in a way that lets Huolon be "in range" but on a different Z axis, meaning he is just out ranging the breath while still being in range of Huolon. That specific wall they use was also used all the time for world pvp back in MoP for easy bloody coin farming since non ranged players couldnt hit you back, and even if they tried to get on the wall, it took a bit of time to get to the top and you were most likely killed by the ranged dps up top farming before you could get to them.
    There are a lot similar mechanics people have done to cheese things like that that blizzard is A okay with. The first that comes to mind when doing parkour, is snapping mobs in M+ in bfa.
    Your example is also a very poor comparison, as Huolon is not a current content raid that rewards players with power once defeated with a cheese strat.

also "doing some parkour" was absolutely a part of built in mechanics on the timeless isle. As there were treasure chests AND rares that you could not get to unless you could parkour to them one way or another.

Parkour to get to a spot to completely avoid damage of a raid boss is a pretty apt comparison to SWP, and if you'd read instead of jumping on the bandwagon, you'd note that I did include that it was old content, but use at your own risk. I'm not telling people they can or can't do it, just if you find yourself with a 3 day ban and the mount removed, that's why.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SidonisAntares said:

Parkour to get to a spot to completely avoid damage of a raid boss is a pretty apt comparison to SWP, and if you'd read instead of jumping on the bandwagon, you'd note that I did include that it was old content, but use at your own risk. I'm not telling people they can or can't do it, just if you find yourself with a 3 day ban and the mount removed, that's why.

You're applying ignorance of the situation, along with a dated comparison, to try and scare people out of doing something that is 100% legitimate and acceptable by Blizzard standards. As Flowerhorn stated, parkour was used when the content was current for PvP without issue. Getting a mount using the same mechanics, after how many xpacs old?, would not red flag anyone and certainly would not result in a ban of any sort.

Edited by Madyrn

22 minutes ago, Madyrn said:

You're applying ignorance of the situation, along with a dated comparison, to try and scare people out of doing something that is 100% legitimate and acceptable by Blizzard standards. As Flowerhorn stated, parkour was used when the content was current for PvP without issue. Getting a mount using the same mechanics, after how many xpacs old?, would not red flag anyone and certainly would not result in a ban of any sort.

This is not "100% legitimate and acceptable by Blizzard standards", it's a terrain exploit. Why do you think Blizzard would be ok with you avoiding all risk for your reward? What in their history makes you think that? While it might not be a bannable offense, it's certainly against the TOS.

13 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

It isn't an apt comparison, it is quite literally NOT a raid boss. It is a rare spawn in open world content. There is no player power (gear) involved that would give you an advantage over other people. That is all blizzard cares about when it comes to bannable offenses using cheese strats. If they decide this is "too broken" then they will simply fix how the rare targets and attacks, but I guarantee 0% of people will be banned by doing this.
    You also did not mention it being old content, you just compared it to a SWP incident that happened while it was current content and threw out the phrase "back in the day". None of that is saying it [Huolon] is old content.

12 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

While it might not be a bannable offense, it's certainly against the TOS.

If it was against ToS, then by definition it is a bannable offense.
    This is people just now figuring out an interaction. Its no different than people figuring out how to get infinite Incarnation as a Guardian Druid while in Torghast to get through it quicker. The Huolon cheese is just another one of those if you want to go through all the effort of party syncing with a different character over and over.
    Party sync, which by itself, already has enough things about it that are questionably exploitable.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:50 PM, VictorVakaras said:

This is not "100% legitimate and acceptable by Blizzard standards", it's a terrain exploit. Why do you think Blizzard would be ok with you avoiding all risk for your reward? What in their history makes you think that? While it might not be a bannable offense, it's certainly against the TOS.

"Terrain exploit" is hardly a violation of the ToS. Where in the ToS does it say "you can't use the terrain to your advantage"? Line of sight pulls and using terrain and objects have always been a part of strategy in WoW PvE and PvP since day one. This isn't an "exploit", it's using what is available in an intelligent fashion.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lolblizzard said:

love how exploiter always try to nullify their tos breaks, lets send this to blizzard and see how many people survive the banngeddon

Do it. Because I am having trouble finding anything in the ToS that covers players using terrain to their advantage.

I feel like the people that are complaining, are the same people that called their teacher in school by “teacher” instead of their name when they were snitching on people

Based on the ONE time I tried this: I cannot jump. Never got the hang of it.

BUT there seems to be another sweet spot: On the opposite side of where Huolon died in this video, on the smallest ledge. As a hunter, I sent my pet out there. It went somewhere, and after the first time it died; no more dying, neither for my pet nor for me. Huolon stayed near "my" ledge, kept blasting in our direction, but never hit either of us.

Anyhows, after some 5 minutes, we got it down.

In case you want to know, there were a mage from the opposite faction, who was beside me and was able to loot, and 2 or 3 from both factions out there, probably jumped well, I wasn't paying attention. No "real" group.

EDIT!!!

Went for my 2nd attempt, and learned: Everyone MUST choose one of the 2 sweet spots, cannot be on both, or both parties die. That is what happened yesterday with 2 parties of one. People don't answer to whispers, not sure why. We both died, and Huolon flew away.

Edited by Nowwhat
    Adding to mechanics

I have a good story. I play on a relatively low population server which is re-grouped to few servers. I started farming Huolon every night and realized that a loser from Malganis server, was phasing into our 
    server and was staying there for about 4 hours every night to kill Huolon for fun. The dude possede the mount and was telling us that we aint getting it and he was showing his mount to everyone. At this moment, this guy 
    motivated me to farm 2 twice much more and Ive got it 2 days after. The same day, I came to the spawn location and he was there on his mount and he was waiting for the spawn.

I said to him 

hey my favorite loser !! I would like to thank you !!

Because of you, I farmed the mount twice much more and Ive got it today.

I understand that you clearly have a severe mental illness and encourage you to consult. Some People can help you !! Don't give up bud!! a+

I show him the mount and begin to jump around him and laugh at him.

He told me that Im awful and he instanly left.

So I invite everyone to never give up and continue to farm it and don't worry i will not be there to kill it for fun. 

Good luck guys.