FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AMonkeyCourier

[Enh] Opener

Since asc resets the CD of SS, I'm really not sure of how I'm supposed to prioritise my opener.

So far I'm using this.

Wolves + totems prepull

Unleash on the pull

SS

Asc + SS

LL

FS

That's absolutely right.  If you're spot on, you can also sneak in a pre-cast Lightning Bolt, like this:

Wolves + FET @ 2

LB @ 1

Unleash + Spirit Walk

SS

Asc + SS

LL

FS

Technically, you should have FS as a higher priority than LL, but I like to give a few seconds to make sure both trinkets have procced, and then you can roll a very healthy FS.  If you find that you can't guarantee that your Flame Shock has an Unleash Flame on it, you can also move it up right before LL.

Sorry no-one has responded to this sooner!

• Like 1

To append, what's higher in priority out of an AS lightning bolt and an unleashed FS with none already applied?

If the target will live for the full duration of the FS, that should be the higher priority.  

That still holds true, considering the dps gain is technically only for the impact and tick(?) in the global cooldown it takes to use up AS? Or is the opportunity cost in holding the AS cooldown for an extra GCD lower than that of letting FS drop for whatever reason?

Accurately prioritising DoTs under various circumstances still eludes me sometimes.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

That still holds true, considering the dps gain is technically only for the impact and tick(?) in the global cooldown it takes to use up AS? Or is the opportunity cost in holding the AS cooldown for an extra GCD lower than that of letting FS drop for whatever reason?

Accurately prioritising DoTs under various circumstances still eludes me sometimes.

It's the value of the hit + 1-2 ticks, vs delaying a short cooldown by 1-1.5 seconds.  With Unleash Flame, the initial hit is extremely powerful, nevermind the rolling DoT.  If you're going this in depth, you also have to consider if Stormstrike is applied or not.  If it is, it may be a real toss up.  If it's not, I would firmly put FS ahead of an AS LB.

Besides, have you considered using an EM/PE build?  Or even just an EM/FET binding build?