FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Group Loot Restrictions in Dragonflight

67460-official-preview-of-dungeons-comin

It appears you won't be able to roll for loot you already own in Dragonflight, only if it's a more powerful version of that item.

A new global string that appeared in Dragonflight Alpha Build 45141 suggests players will be ineligible to roll for items they already own unless the item is of higher quality.

LOOT_ROLL_INELIGIBLE_REASON6 - You already have a powerful version of this item.

What do you think about the change? Let us know down in the comments!

Hopefully the "new" group loot system will only be in FULL guild grps or they kill random pug raiding.

• Confused 1

This is fine to an extent; but will it restrict the ability to trade if not an item you wish not to have?  Like I would gladly pass over items I really don't want in my bags but if the system is going to restrict it and say it's an upgrade then it seems flawed.   Sorry if the question seems confusing to ask.

I think this is a MUCH needed addition, but would also like to see it implemented that if it is NOT an upgrade for you that you can't roll either ... i.e. you have an iLvl 300 in shoulder slot, and a 280 one drops even if you don't have it - all you would ever do is vendor it (or at best transmog it) you should not be able to roll on it, UNLESS no one else can roll on it either ... Just take the "On your honor"out of the system - because we all know there's that one person that has "No Honor" and everything is "Hunter Loot" and rolls on everything no matter what ...

23 minutes ago, Ragingwolf said:

This is fine to an extent; but will it restrict the ability to trade if not an item you wish not to have?  Like I would gladly pass over items I really don't want in my bags but if the system is going to restrict it and say it's an upgrade then it seems flawed.   Sorry if the question seems confusing to ask.

I think you read that wrong.

From what I gather, basically, you have a 298 Old Warrior's Soul, you kill HC Sylvanas and OWS drops, you'll not be able to loot it unless it has a tretiary stat or smth.

I believe this is a change intended to hamstring those that roll need on everything.

As a person who only experienced raids through mostly pick-up groups, I would welcome this change.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Recool said:

Hopefully the "new" group loot system will only be in FULL guild grps or they kill random pug raiding.

From the description, it say, you won't be able to roll for an item you already have, unless its more powerful, which means no one will ninja the loot even though they already have it, so they can vendor it or something.

But from experience, i tend not to get anything from groups, though i haven't done a raid in a LONG time.

2 hours ago, Teufel said:

From what I gather, basically, you have a 298 Old Warrior's Soul, you kill HC Sylvanas and OWS drops, you'll not be able to loot it unless it has a tretiary stat or smth.

I'm thinking along the lines of M+ not much of raiding.  Eg) You run the same dungeon 3x with the same difficulty of key, timed to 2-3 to the key, an item that is not of your wanting gets placed in your bag.  Each time you reset the dungeon you vendor said item but keeps auto going to your bag.  The item is not an upgrade for your class.  Do you waste bag space so if another should drop you can trade it over to another player or keep playing hot potato by vendoring unwanted items but still keep receiving as rewards?

4 hours ago, Korlen said:

I think this is a MUCH needed addition, but would also like to see it implemented that if it is NOT an upgrade for you that you can't roll either ... i.e. you have an iLvl 300 in shoulder slot, and a 280 one drops even if you don't have it - all you would ever do is vendor it (or at best transmog it) you should not be able to roll on it, UNLESS no one else can roll on it either ... Just take the "On your honor"out of the system - because we all know there's that one person that has "No Honor" and everything is "Hunter Loot" and rolls on everything no matter what ...

Not the best way to do it, what if the higher ilvl is the wrong stats? What if you can upg the 280 with better stats to your ilvl? Which leads to my question, what if you have the item but want a new version to upgrade with Valour like in current M+ seasons. Perhaps less an issue with the dungeons being mixed up more but potentially still a problem.

As an example, IQD. If you have a maxed S1 version, which is a higher ilvl then a base S2 one but S2 is upgradable now, it would be an improvement for you long term. In this (rather limited but fairly common) situation, people wouldn't farm base or lower M+ levels to get an item they can't get. Unless it's tradeable but still limits them.

Edited by Bobbis

3 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Not the best way to do it, what if the higher ilvl is the wrong stats? What if you can upg the 280 with better stats to your ilvl? Which leads to my question, what if you have the item but want a new version to upgrade with Valour like in current M+ seasons. Perhaps less an issue with the dungeons being mixed up more but potentially still a problem.

As an example, IQD. If you have a maxed S1 version, which is a higher ilvl then a base S2 one but S2 is upgradable now, it would be an improvement for you long term. In this (rather limited but fairly common) situation, people wouldn't farm base or lower M+ levels to get an item they can't get. Unless it's tradeable but still limits them.

There is always exceptions to rules, and perhaps upgradeable stuff will be an "exception" ???

I bet players will find a way around that barrier. I.e. selling the item, that may drop, loot it if it drops, after looting just rebuy the sold item.

16 hours ago, Teufel said:

I'm pretty sure this is for their remade group loot