FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Demon Hunter Changes in Dragonflight Alpha Build 45141

48796-introducing-the-demon-hunter-in-he

The latest Dragonflight Alpha Build 45141 adds two new Demon Hunter talents and other changes ahead of next week's talent revamp!

Demon Hunter

Baseline

• Metamorphosis Metamorphosis - Upon landing, you are transformed into a hellish demon for 30 sec, immediately resetting the cooldown of your Eye Beam and Blade Dance abilities, greatly empowering your Chaos Strike and Blade Dance abilities and gaining 25% 20% Haste.

Havoc

• Eye Beam Eye Beam - Blasts all enemies in front of you, dealing guaranteed critical strikes for up to ${({?a320,415[{${( 12.38% of Attack Power )*10*2}}][{${( 12.38% of Attack Power )*10}}])} Chaos damage over 2 sec. Deals reduced damage to secondary beyond 5 targets. When Eye Beam finishes fully channeling, your Haste is increased by an additional 15% 10% for 12 9 sec.
  • Eye Beam (Rank 2) renamed to Furious Gaze Furious Gaze and changed.  When Eye Beam finishes fully channeling, your Haste is increased by an additional 15% 10% for 12 9 sec.
  • Demon Blades Demon Blades - Your auto attacks have a 60% chance to deal additional Shadow damage and generate 7-12 Fury.
  • Cycle of Hatred Cycle of Hatred When Chaos Strike refunds Fury, it also reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam by 3 sec. Chaos Strike also reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam by 1 sec, and an additional 1 sec when it critically strikes.
  • Momentum Momentum Fel Rush increases your damage done by 15% for 6 sec. Vengeful Retreat's cooldown is reduced by 5 sec, and it generates 80 Fury over 10 sec if it damages at least one enemy. Fel Rush, Felblade, The Hunt, and Vengeful Retreat increase your damage done by 15% for 6 sec.

PvP Talents

• Mortal Dance Mortal Dance - Blade Dance now reduces targets' healing received by 25% 50% for 5 sec.
  • Demonic Origins Demonic Origins - The cooldown of Metamorphosis is reduced by 2 min, but its duration is reduced by 10 12 sec.

New Talents

Demon Hunter's received 2 new talents ahead of their next week's rework.

• Isolated Prey Isolated Prey - Chaos Nova, Eye Beam, and Fel Rush gain bonuses when striking 1 target.
    • Chaos Nova: Stun duration increased by 1 sec.
    • Eye Beam: Deals 30% increased damage.
    • Fel Rush: Generates 40-40 Fury.
  • Chaotic Transformation Chaotic Transformation - When you activate Metamorphosis, the cooldowns of Blade Dance and Eye Beam are immediately reset.

I do like the 

• Demon BladesDemon Blades - Your auto attacks have a 60% chance to deal additional Shadow damage and generate 7-12 Fury.

Change, that is pretty cool, it will now be worth taking, a 60% chance to generate your needed resource? is very bad when it doesn't proc.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Baseline

• MetamorphosisMetamorphosis - Upon landing, you are transformed into a hellish demon for 30 sec, immediately resetting the cooldown of your Eye Beam and Blade Dance abilities, greatly empowering your Chaos Strike and Blade Dance abilities and gaining 25% 20% Haste.

New Talents

• Chaotic TransformationChaotic Transformation - When you activate Metamorphosis, the cooldowns of Blade Dance and Eye Beam are immediately reset.

Am I wrong or is "Chaotic Transformation" already implemented in the baseline Metamorphosis?

Haste if for mouth breathers and crit is when DH was the Top of it's game. If couldn't play Momentum build after all these year's then damm! Just a not good player.

Or are you a?

sheep-tony.gif

Edited by Topman

6 hours ago, Topman said:

Haste if for mouth breathers and crit is when DH was the Top of it's game. If couldn't play Momentum build after all these year's then damm! Just a not good player.

Or are you a?

sheep-tony.gif

High crit build are associated with PvP.  Haste=Vers is more along the lines for PvE builds.  Fact: Did  you know that Fel Rush can bug out occassionally if the terrain is slightly elevated leaving the character standing still?  Bad ping does that too.  Quit instigating fights when you can't think outside the box friend.

8 hours ago, Ricune said:

Am I wrong or is "Chaotic Transformation" already implemented in the baseline Metamorphosis?

It is they reduced the amount of Haste you recieved with this alpha build.  The only thing I could assume is once the power system of SL is turned off and a new one is implimented stat increase per talent choice will either reduced the specifics of the taken talent and possibly give a stat boost that will only be associated with the new borrowed power system.

Edited by Ragingwolf

12 hours ago, Lithari said:

I do like the 

• Demon BladesDemon Blades - Your auto attacks have a 60% chance to deal additional Shadow damage and generate 7-12 Fury.

Change, that is pretty cool, it will now be worth taking, a 60% chance to generate your needed resource? is very bad when it doesn't proc.

Fore Fel Blade builds it is nice specially if you wish to make a pure damage single target build.  But like you pointed out 60% chance to generate resource may  have you staying in one spot slightly longer before continuing your rotation.  This also depends on given content you wish to persue.

12 hours ago, Ragingwolf said:

Fore Fel Blade builds it is nice specially if you wish to make a pure damage single target build.  But like you pointed out 60% chance to generate resource may  have you staying in one spot slightly longer before continuing your rotation.  This also depends on given content you wish to persue.

But the 60% chance of it proc'ing is going away, which means, its every single hit....if i am misreading it, let me know.

20 hours ago, Ragingwolf said:

High crit build are associated with PvP.  Haste=Vers is more along the lines for PvE builds.  Fact: Did  you know that Fel Rush can bug out occassionally if the terrain is slightly elevated leaving the character standing still?  Bad ping does that too.  Quit instigating fights when you can't think outside the box friend.

Not once Iv been rated BG and Critical was Needed option. Ver works either way. Did you know that Fel Rush would send you flying to? You follow a trend just because Leader boards and Raid Io controls what class you play , Critical was need for DH if you played In Legion since could Pop dot dmg from the glaive throw or even using  Kil'jaden Trinket + The amount of different things you could do as well. Let's not forget you needed Critical to refund Fury before it was changed many times? Or Maybe BIS BFA is a monkey Trinket throwing banana's at one time? 

7 hours ago, Topman said:

Not once Iv been rated BG and Critical was Needed option. Ver works either way. Did you know that Fel Rush would send you flying to? You follow a trend just because Leader boards and Raid Io controls what class you play , Critical was need for DH if you played In Legion since could Pop dot dmg from the glaive throw or even using  Kil'jaden Trinket + The amount of different things you could do as well. Let's not forget you needed Critical to refund Fury before it was changed many times? Or Maybe BIS BFA is a monkey Trinket throwing banana's at one time? 

If you read the guide from this site Crit is actually 4th with Agility being first followed by Haste = Versatility and Mastery being last.  Having too much crit creates diminishing returns monkey brains.  Again pull your head out of the gutter.  Or are you one of those DH that just stands in bad and complains that they aren't getting enough heals from the Healer and blames the Tank for not having Aggro on mobs?  Crit is never a guarantee of getting a critical heal in return compared with Haste=Vers which allows you to carve souls and regain a healing for more efficiently that being deprived on not having adequate healing via Eyebeam and relying on Meta off a longer duration cd.

I don't follow leader boards and I don't even follow BiS to the fullest.  I pick, choose, and corelate gear on needed content I wish to follow.  I sim and play w/ other talent options for Demonic Builds.  I don't care about being top dps in any form of content all I care about is doing the mechanics of the Raid/Dungeon efficiently and providing utility to help the people I'm group with.  Momentum Builds in my opinion is a full waste on dps in high end scenarios of Heroic Raiding and Keys that are past a +13.   It does not synergize well if you also pick a Covenant that is NOT Night Fae or even when mobs are not clustered together.

Where is your guide at?  Where is your SiM?  Gear choice?  All you like to do is instigate and pick a fight because you feel the need to pound your chest like the ape you are behind a keyboard.

48 minutes ago, Ragingwolf said:

If you read the guide from this site Crit is actually 4th with Agility being first followed by Haste = Versatility and Mastery being last.  Having too much crit creates diminishing returns monkey brains.  Again pull your head out of the gutter.  Or are you one of those DH that just stands in bad and complains that they aren't getting enough heals from the Healer and blames the Tank for not having Aggro on mobs?  Crit is never a guarantee of getting a critical heal in return compared with Haste=Vers which allows you to carve souls and regain a healing for more efficiently that being deprived on not having adequate healing via Eyebeam and relying on Meta off a longer duration cd.

I don't follow leader boards and I don't even follow BiS to the fullest.  I pick, choose, and corelate gear on needed content I wish to follow.  I sim and play w/ other talent options for Demonic Builds.  I don't care about being top dps in any form of content all I care about is doing the mechanics of the Raid/Dungeon efficiently and providing utility to help the people I'm group with.  Momentum Builds in my opinion is a full waste on dps in high end scenarios of Heroic Raiding and Keys that are past a +13.   It does not synergize well if you also pick a Covenant that is NOT Night Fae or even when mobs are not clustered together.

Where is your guide at?  Where is your SiM?  Gear choice?  All you like to do is instigate and pick a fight because you feel the need to pound your chest like the ape you are behind a keyboard.

I quote ' Nor do I like the idea of being pushed toward a Momentum Build. ' That sums you up. I must save screenshot and find quides because your really offended by a Gif from a film because ' Runing haste for DH's totally bad??'  Crit has to be very high as hell to start  diminishing kicking in. I Used to use in BFA Meta talent that chance to proc from soul cleave and never once there as the Guide to pick it. Untill you tell me Old Legion DH talents and the pictures of you playing , Keep trolling and I wont stop.

Edited by Topman
Typing

12 minutes ago, Topman said:

I quote ' Nor do I like the idea of being pushed toward a Momentum Build. ' That sums you up.

Instead of hiding behind an alt on this site post on your main.  

If you are so correct I want to see your data.  Where is your SiM or Raider IO?  I want to compare parses.

52 minutes ago, Ragingwolf said:

1 minute ago, Ragingwolf said:

Instead of hiding behind an alt on this site post on your main.  

If you are so correct I want to see your data.  Where is your SiM or Raider IO?  I want to compare parses.

Check my join date Not a ALT

Asking for Information? Are you that paranoid? First of all since I given One you what you asked for and you think i'm going to smarty pants?

12 minutes ago, Topman said:

Asking for Information? Are you that paranoid? First of all since I given One you what you asked for and you think i'm going to smarty pants?

Well since you are keen on picking a fight with a woman I tend to fight back against lil sarcastic, narrowminded people like you on a daily basis.  I believe  you are full of *filtered*.  Either show your data for everyone to see and compare or just stfu and sit down little boy.

Just now, Ragingwolf said:

Well since you are keen on picking a fight with a woman I tend to fight back against lil sarcastic, narrowminded people like you on a daily basis.  I believe  you are full of *filtered*.  Either show your data for everyone to see and compare or just stfu and sit down little boy.

These forums are for anyone to comment on. You are trying the Opressed behavior. It's Only you that wants to see everything and not a single soul has commented on this.

1 minute ago, Topman said:

These forums are for anyone to comment on. You are trying the Opressed behavior. It's Only you that wants to see everything and not a single soul has commented on this.

Like I thought are a full of crap and have nothing to offer but empty threats and promises with snide remarks.  This is a forum and you are free to comment and put in your two cents. Just like I have the free will to counter attack all you have said on this thread. However you do way too much instigation that you assume to be 'helpful'.  

Full of crap because I don't share information to you? Who are you to ask for anything of my doing. That's really helpful of you saying , 'The game is forming you to play momentum build' The first thing asked if I was an ALT I answered you and you found out I'm not one. I never mention Sim, Raid.io , gear check. Or maybe Gearscore? The redder you are in being over 6k In wrath that was how good gear you are. You just every easy just explained to me that some one attack you before on forums that's the soul reason asked straight away if i'm an ALT.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, Topman said:

Full of crap because I don't share information to you? Who are you to ask for anything of my doing. That's really helpful of you saying , 'The game is forming you to play momentum build' The first thing asked if I was an ALT I answered you and you found out I'm not one. I never mention Sim, Raid.io , gear check. Or maybe Gearscore? The redder you are in being over 6k In wrath that was how good gear you are. You just every easy just explained to me that some one attack you before on forums that's the soul reason asked straight away if i'm an ALT.

Dude you are a 'troll' and nothing more.  Antagonizing and telling people they are nothing but sheep for looking up information on classes and builds.  Basically stating haste is worthless and go full crit build and attacking people opting to Demonic instead of Momentum not just me.  And I stated my own opinion of not liking Momenutm and reading on what Blizzard was attempting for an alpha patch.  Reason for request for IO and SiM: Since you and you alone know more than the alpha testers and the people that formulate guides for class builds I wanted you to share for others to see and compare.  Not just me in particular.  

But since you can't and just want to nick pick you really don't have anything to back up your claim but put forth false claims and accusations on data.  Classic and Retail are two completely different games.  It's comparing apples to oranges.  Not to mention change of stats or 'stat' squish toward the end of WotLK.  WoW has changed since then and new strategies on gearing, what is considered BiS, and what type of content changes the whole aspect of playing the game on self progression and end game content. 

Dude this isn't my first rodeo when people make 'alt' accounts in mmo forums and it's rather odd to see you have not posted or liked anything since the creation of the account till now.

1 hour ago, Ragingwolf said:

Dude you are a 'troll' and nothing more.  Antagonizing and telling people they are nothing but sheep for looking up information on classes and builds.  Basically stating haste is worthless and go full crit build and attacking people opting to Demonic instead of Momentum not just me.  And I stated my own opinion of not liking Momenutm and reading on what Blizzard was attempting for an alpha patch.  Reason for request for IO and SiM: Since you and you alone know more than the alpha testers and the people that formulate guides for class builds I wanted you to share for others to see and compare.  Not just me in particular.  

But since you can't and just want to nick pick you really don't have anything to back up your claim but put forth false claims and accusations on data.  Classic and Retail are two completely different games.  It's comparing apples to oranges.  Not to mention change of stats or 'stat' squish toward the end of WotLK.  WoW has changed since then and new strategies on gearing, what is considered BiS, and what type of content changes the whole aspect of playing the game on self progression and end game content. 

Dude this isn't my first rodeo when people make 'alt' accounts in mmo forums and it's rather odd to see you have not posted or liked anything since the creation of the account till now.

Took a While for you to Type all this , had to think it over in RL?

Thats not trolling at all , I made a account because connected with my google and email address.  Paranoid as hell you are. Iv got nothing to back up in this case since Wrath and BC never existed with Best Build back then.  It's Only you again wanted to know mY raid.io SIM and all the rest of it. 

You are a GIRL ' Guy In Real Life '

2 hours ago, Topman said:

Took a While for you to Type all this , had to think it over in RL?

Thats not trolling at all , I made a account because connected with my google and email address.  Paranoid as hell you are. Iv got nothing to back up in this case since Wrath and BC never existed with Best Build back then.  It's Only you again wanted to know mY raid.io SIM and all the rest of it. 

You are a GIRL ' Guy In Real Life '

Nope busy weekend doing keys watching the new episode of House of the Dragon.  Which was good by the way and recommend watching it.  Well hate to dissappoint you but I have no *filtered* sorry for your luck :D.  If you would of brought out the following statement:

"I had better luck with a crit hybrid build than what most guides insisted on building for Havoc DH." I would of left you alone and ignored your previous posts before. I would of compared your crit build to the avg DH build that is going by the guides recommendations. Not the Mythic Raider playstyle. But here you are again so I'm up to bat and ready for whatever you think is derogratory, deflamatory, and hypocritical with your responses.  I can keep going with this till they lock this thread.

It is true you can spec to just about any type of build in Wrath and BC with the given talent choices.  With Retail it involves more thought process and involvement with the built in borrowed power system on what you wish to do with your character.  BFA was fun toward the end because not only with talent choices but with Corruption Gear to amplify damage, at a cost, for single vs mult target.  And I enjoyed this for keys not just as Havoc but as Vengeance as well for keys.

If I could switch from Blind Fury to Demonic Appetite and Insaitable Hunger to Burning Hatred and not lose  dps on single vs multi target with given Leggos I would in a heart beat.  It doesn't synergize well with given Covenants unless you strictly want to play around with Kyrian.  And when switching to a Momentum build it feels really off when you are using Sinful Brand.

Now when Blizzard turns off the Covenant system, the Leggos of SL, and the tier set all classes will be set to 0 and will rely on talents and sub stats till the new borrowed power is in place and till the player has acquired the beginning gear in DF.

Edited by Ragingwolf