FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Manzazuu

[Arcane] Got the ilvl and gear, but the dps...

Hello everyone.

I have this mage which I have been playing as frost since I came back after a long long break of the game.

Frost got on my nerves and after realizing that most of my gear was mastery/haste or mastery/hit, and reaching the mark of ilvl 568 (yet to level), I thought it was a good time to try arcane.

So I used askmrrobot and used the feature of "best in bags". As you can see in my armory link, my gear type should be good enough to be doing a decent job as an arcane mage.

My rotation is LB (single target bosses - last 4 bosses in SoO were the ones I tested), Arcane Blast x 4, Arcane Missles if procs, Arcane Barrage to drop the stacks, rinse and repeat. 

I am using the burst macro (arcane power, alter time, mana gem, arcane missles) and I often miss the T16 - 4 proc (I need some kind of addon, as those tiny little buff icons I can barely see) and I have issues with Rune of Power. I tried ice floes to place the runes as I run, but even when I am standing my dps is crap (im doing around 189k, yeah) so theres something more wrong. Even on target dummies, standing on a Rune of Power, my dps my mediocre compared to other arcane mages with lower ilvls.

Since the game is down, I wont be able to change my gems (those gems you see on my armory now are set for frost, as I was so horrible last night that my guild asked me to switch back) but I am using askmrrobot for gems, reforge and enchants.

ANY help will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello everyone.

I have this mage which I have been playing as frost since I came back after a long long break of the game.

Frost got on my nerves and after realizing that most of my gear was mastery/haste or mastery/hit, and reaching the mark of ilvl 568 (yet to level), I thought it was a good time to try arcane.

So I used askmrrobot and used the feature of "best in bags". As you can see in my armory link, my gear type should be good enough to be doing a decent job as an arcane mage.

My rotation is LB (single target bosses - last 4 bosses in SoO were the ones I tested), Arcane Blast x 4, Arcane Missles if procs, Arcane Barrage to drop the stacks, rinse and repeat. 

I am using the burst macro (arcane power, alter time, mana gem, arcane missles) and I often miss the T16 - 4 proc (I need some kind of addon, as those tiny little buff icons I can barely see) and I have issues with Rune of Power. I tried ice floes to place the runes as I run, but even when I am standing my dps is crap (im doing around 189k, yeah) so theres something more wrong. Even on target dummies, standing on a Rune of Power, my dps my mediocre compared to other arcane mages with lower ilvls.

Since the game is down, I wont be able to change my gems (those gems you see on my armory now are set for frost, as I was so horrible last night that my guild asked me to switch back) but I am using askmrrobot for gems, reforge and enchants.

ANY help will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

It would be great, if you could provide us with some combat logs. Your gear, reforge etc count for like 10% of DPS at most!

Generally I would say that you should pay attention to your bomb uptime, mana level, and RoP. But without logs we cannot check which one is difficult for you.

I wonder if that askmrrobot addon can get those logs I need?

I tried wowlogs and couldnt get it to work correctly.

Also, I have been asking the same question on other forums and so far, my rotation completely ignoring the T16 procs and my awful RoP management are the main reasons of my crappy dps.

I wonder if that askmrrobot addon can get those logs I need?

I tried wowlogs and couldnt get it to work correctly.

Also, I have been asking the same question on other forums and so far, my rotation completely ignoring the T16 procs and my awful RoP management are the main reasons of my crappy dps.

I've been trying AMR logs for some time now, and tbh my feelings are a bit mixed about it.

It provides the basic information quite well, but I also see inconsistencies with WCL, which I trust more right now. Furthermore, I found it hard to fish the more meaningful information from it as well.

My current verdict is go with WCL (Warcaft Logs), until AMR logging will get better.