FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Warrior Changes in Dragonflight Alpha Build 45232

O5hq42C.jpg

Finally, we close our preview of the latest Dragonflight class changes with Warriors. The class received tuning and plenty of new talents in Alpha Build 45232.

Warrior

Arms

• Execute Execute - Attempts to finish off a foe, causing up to [ 340% 265% of Attack Power ] Physical damage based on Rage spent. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health.
  • Mortal Strike Mortal Strike - A vicious strike that deals [ 194.3% 174.3% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target by 50% for 10 sec.
  • Overpower Overpower - Overpower the enemy, dealing [ 110.7% 97% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Cannot be blocked, dodged, or parried.
  • Sudden Death Sudden Death - Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage, Execute, be usable on any target regardless of their health, and deal damage as if you spent 40 Rage. health. Approximately 1.7 1.5 procs per minute.
  • Rend Rend - Wounds the target, causing [ 32.1% of Attack Power ] Physical damage instantly and an additional [ 133% 115% of Attack Power ] Bleed damage over 15 sec.
  • Massacre Massacre - Execute is now usable on targets below 35% 25% health.
  • Dreadnaught Dreadnaught - Overpower has 2 charges and causes a seismic wave, dealing [ 46% [ 31% of Attack Power ] damage to all enemies in a 10 yd line. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.

Fury

• Single-Minded Fury Single-Minded Fury - While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 12% 5% and your movement speed is increased by 5%.
  • War Machine War Machine - Your auto attacks generate 25% 20% more Rage.
  • Sudden Death Sudden Death - Approximately 1.7 1.5 procs per minute.
  • Frenzy Frenzy - Rampage increases your Haste by 2% for 12 sec, stacking up to 4 3 times. This effect is reset if you Rampage a different primary target.
  • Frothing Berserker Frothing Berserker Your abilities that cost rage Rampage, Mortal Strike, Cleave and Revenge have a 20% chance to immediately refund 20% of the Rage spent.
  • Cruelty Cruelty - While Enraged, Raging Blow deals 20% 10% more damage and has a 30% 15% chance to instantly reset its own cooldown.

Protection

• Execute Execute - Attempts to finish off a foe, causing up to [ 340% 265% of Attack Power ] Physical damage based on Rage spent. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health.
  • Avatar Avatar - Now generates 20 Fury (down from 30).
  • Massacre Massacre - Execute is now usable on targets below 35% 25% health.
  • Ravager Ravager - Cooldown increased to 1.5 min (was 45 sec).

New Warrior Talents

• Critical Thinking Critical Thinking - Critical Strike chance increased by 1.50% and both Cleave and Whirlwind deal 5% increased critical strike damage.
  • Unbridled Ferocity Unbridled Ferocity - Rampage has a 10% chance to grant Recklessness for 4 sec.
  • Deft Experience Deft Experience - Mastery increased by 1.50% and Rend's initial damaging strike deals 50% more damage.
  • Recklessness Recklessness - Go berserk, increasing all Rage generation by 100% and granting your abilities 20% increased critical strike chance for 4 sec. (Instant, 1.5 min cooldown)
  • Bladestorm Bladestorm - Become an unstoppable storm of destructive force, striking all nearby enemies for [ 500% of Attack Power ] Physical damage over 4 sec. Deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets. You are immune to movement impairing and loss of control effects, but can use defensive abilities and avoid attacks. Generates 20 Rage over the duration. (Instant, 60 sec cooldown)
  • Avatar Avatar -Transform into a colossus for 4 sec, causing you to deal 20% increased damage and removing all roots and snares. Generates 30 Rage.
  • Memory of a Tormented Titan Memory of a Tormented Titan - Activating Avatar casts Odyn's Fury, activating Odyn's Fury casts Avatar at reduced effectiveness.
  • Memory of a Tormented Berserker Memory of a Tormented Berserker - Activating Avatar or Recklessness casts the other at reduced effectiveness.
  • Memory of a Tormented Guardian Memory of a Tormented Guardian - Activating Avatar or Recklessness casts Bladestorm at reduced effectiveness.
  • Memory of a Tormented Blademaster Memory of a Tormented Blademaster - Activating Avatar or Bladestorm casts the other at reduced effectiveness.
  • Memory of a Tormented Warlord Memory of a Tormented Warlord - Activating Avatar or Thunderous Roar casts Recklessness at reduced effectiveness.
  • Odyn's Fury Odyn's Fury - Unleashes your power, dealing [ 268% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and an additional [ 84% of Attack Power ] Physical damage over 4 sec to all enemies within 12 yards. Generates 20 Rage. (Instant, 45 sec cooldown)
  • Furious Blows Furious Blows - Increases auto attack speed by 5%.
  • Placeholder Talent Placeholder Talent - Not yet implemented.

Ah, there's the insane number changes that show just how clueless the balance team is

The fact they are nerfing execute by -75% is pretty worrying considering they've had 17 years to analyse it's effectiveness

7 hours ago, Cham79 said:

Ah, there's the insane number changes that show just how clueless the balance team is

The fact they are nerfing execute by -75% is pretty worrying considering they've had 17 years to analyse it's effectiveness

What drives people that can't even count percentages properly to call balance team 'clueless'...
PS: Spamming execute in prot sub-20% is sure a 'fun and engaging gameplay'

3 hours ago, Teufel said:

What drives people that can't even count percentages properly to call balance team 'clueless'...

Speaks volumes to the difficutly of content you're doing where prot warriors can spend rage on execute 🙂

Edited by Cham79

18 minutes ago, Cham79 said:

Speaks volumes to the difficutly of content you're doing where prot warriors can spend rage on execute 🙂

Rather, your inability to find ways to do so speaks volumes of your skill in playing one in general, to add to your previous statement of being 'clueless'. The irony.

And to illustrate how laughable your claims are: ANY Mythic boss that doesn't keep 2 tanks constantly occupied (like Dreadlords do, for instance) and Sylvanas (who has no execute range altogether) allows and encourages you to Execute.
From occassionally, to keep your Ashen Jugg stacks rolling, up to all the time it is in execute phase - Anduin being the best example of the latter. I hope I don't need to explain how so and ruin your image even more?

2 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Rather, your inability to find ways to do so speaks volumes of your skill in playing one in general, to add to your previous statement of being 'clueless'. The irony.

And to illustrate how laughable your claims are: ANY Mythic boss that doesn't keep 2 tanks constantly occupied (like Dreadlords do, for instance) and Sylvanas (who has no execute range altogether) allows and encourages you to Execute.
From occassionally, to keep your Ashen Jugg stacks rolling, up to all the time it is in execute phase - Anduin being the best example of the latter. I hope I don't need to explain how so and ruin your image even more?

Hate to break it to you buddy, but i'm quoting limit maximum and the world first prot warriors quotes during their talent tree review. Ouch.

Edited by Cham79

7 minutes ago, Cham79 said:

Hate to break it to you buddy, but i'm quoting limit maximum and the worst first prot warriors quotes during their talent tree review. Ouch.

So?... You need me to humiliate you AND them? Because it's like punching an infant at this point. 

I mentioned Mythic Anduin before, which is sure to be in execute range by the time he hits P3.
And what is the tank mechanic on Anduin? Newsflash - he increases his attack speed if he keeps hitting the same tank over and over again. To translate for the likes of you - he needs to hit the 2nd tank once to drop these stacks to 0.
And just WHAT do you do if you're a PWarr, and there's a BDK/BrM/PPala literally laughing at Anduin's 0-10 stack melee swings and there's puny magical dot that your 4pc proc Ignore Pains eats up passively? 

Need me to spell it out? 

"Ouch."
Turns out even those guys can't help the likes of you with some common sense, let alone ability to minmax.

Edited by Teufel

So 1 boss in a raid tier ONLY IF you don't hold the aggro against pure phys damage autos as a prot warrior for some strange reason?

damn you got us all.

Edited by Cham79

Just now, Cham79 said:

So 1 boss in a raid tier?

damn you got us all.

It's the basic principle that allows you to incorporate Execute as Prot regardless of the difficulty level, all you need to do to extend it to most other bosses for the entirety of SL is use a bit of imagination with tank mechanics. God forbid you learn you can Intervene some tank debuffs to avoid even taunting and just pressing the red button at your leisure.

But if you're terrible at that, as we just figured out, it doesn't mean I am, or any good Prot Warrior is. I'd suggest you stop embarassing yourself, but people like you rarely do, and with what you've shown so far, I'm positive I can utterly crush any stupid claim you can make. 

2 minutes ago, Teufel said:

It's the basic principle that allows you to incorporate Execute as Prot regardless of the difficulty level, all you need to do to extend it to most other bosses for the entirety of SL is use a bit of imagination with tank mechanics. God forbid you learn you can Intervene some tank debuffs to avoid even taunting and just pressing the red button at your leisure.

But if you're terrible at that, as we just figured out, it doesn't mean I am, or any good Prot Warrior is. I'd suggest you stop embarassing yourself, but people like you rarely do, and with what you've shown so far, I'm positive I can utterly crush any stupid claim you can make. 

No worries, you had at me at arguing against 4 of the best warriors philosophy's for prot warrior's inability to execute in mythic difficulty raids. Anything more is pure entertainment and the size of your ego is hilarious

4 minutes ago, Cham79 said:

No worries, you had at me at arguing against 4 of the best warriors philosophy's for prot warrior's inability to execute in mythic difficulty raids. Anything more is pure entertainment and the size of your ego is hilarious

I find it amusing you're too childish to admit being so out of your league and having nothing to object with yourself, so you're constantly bringing something-something 'best prots', even when I just pointed out the mechanical easiness of what I've described and quite literally no one familiar with playing this game at least on Cutting Edge can disprove. 

By all means, go ahead and send a link over to this dialogue to any Warrior Discord or even one of those '4 best prot warriors'. Nothing will make your humiliation more complete than this. 
PS: I know you won't, and we both know the reason. Learn your place, kiddo.

Edited by Teufel
  • Haha 1