FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lollerblazed

Fight specific CD usage

Hey guys smile.png

So I have a question about Wing 1 Sha of Pride regarding timings for my CD usage. I've done quite a few flex 1s for practice and my range has always been around 320k-350k dps following standard rotation. Today I tried to change it up and hold back popping reck/skull banner till the reflections, then bladestorming the life out of them. I found that my dps at the end was significantly better than when I popped reck/skull on pull with my first CS window. 

Here is the log in question:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2GKTX8BFth1HAdCP/#type=casts&source=3

My question is this: By aligning Skull banner with the reflection, I prevented myself from casting a 2nd during the fight, yet still obtained higher DPS. Were I to have popped Skull at 0:28, I wouldnt have it up in time for the 3:12 reflection. Did I make the right choice? I know my recklessness couldve aligned with the 1st and 3rd reflection and that was probably a mistake....and I forgot to pot twice so my DPS could definitely be higher.

Edited by Lollerblazed

Skull Banner is a raid wide CD, not just personal.  Doing it that way, deprived the whole raid of dps (on the boss) in order to gain some personal dps on one round of adds.

It is certainly not a choice that I would make.

Ohh right...ya that would explain why it's never done. I'm still making that transition between seeing skull banner as a raid cd than as another skill in my toolbox, thanks for that reminder :) kinda clears up all those selfish ambitions i've had for fitting in CD in funny places to squeeze out as much as i could.

My personal opinion is that the DPS shouldn't spend any time on the adds on Sha of Pride.  Let the tank who doesn't have the boss collect them all, bring them to the front of the boss and then both tanks can AOE them down.

If you can keep sustained damage on the boss and still cleave the adds, then great.  I certainly wouldn't use cooldowns killing those adds though.

• Like 1

Alrighty :) Is that just heroic specific strat because they die uber quick in normal before tanks can pick them up? Ya....that was definitely me being cheeky and not a team player there :P

Should have titled it "what can I do to up my DPS on this fight so I can tell the warlock to be quiet."

Then I would DEFINATELY agree with saving skull banner + recklessness + bladestorm for the adds! :)

Is the warlock Destruction?  If so, see if they are fire and brimstoning the adds with Conflag or Incinerate.  If so, just tell the lock to stop being a completely lame lock, and learn how to play instead of padding numbers. :)

If they are doing it right though, they can still end up with a lot of add damage, but that should just be copying shadowburns on to the Sha.

Heh, tell the lock to play Demo or Affliction, THEN he can judge you. He'd have to really put forth effort to contribute :P