FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Game Download and MoP Live

Sorry to be a pain but prefer to ask here than trawl through the WoW forums.

A number of guild members have been asking me when Mists will actual be downloading via the background downloader and when it will be live (is it still 9am on the 25th of Sept)?

Cheers

EDIT: Been told midnight CEST now :P

Edited by Peelyon

Sorry to be a pain but prefer to ask here than trawl through the WoW forums.

A number of guild members have been asking me when Mists will actual be downloading via the background downloader and when it will be live (is it still 9am on the 25th of Sept)?

Cheers

EDIT: Been told midnight CEST now Posted Image

I am 99.99% sure the release is at midnight CEST.

I have been told by some people that most of the expansion has already been downloaded when we downloaded patch 5.0.4 and that only a small amount is left for release day. I am not sure if that is correct as I don't recall how cataclysm was exactly.

edit: countdown can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/

Looking at the countdown now, it is the 22nd 10:15 CEST. 2d: 13h: 45minutes on the countdown, that makes it exactly midnight between the 24th and 25th

• Like 1

Cheers Madmonk!

Yeah been told by various others sources that the majority is downloaded already. Only just upgraded yesterday so wasnt sure myself!

11pm with a cup of tea it is for me on the 24th then!

Cheers Madmonk!

Yeah been told by various others sources that the majority is downloaded already. Only just upgraded yesterday so wasnt sure myself!

11pm with a cup of tea it is for me on the 24th then!

Ditto :)

Yes I believe that the rest of the download will be released when MoP is live. I am also very sure that it will not be a big one just yet because most of the content has already been downloaded in the patch 5.0.4. They have just put restrictions on where and what you can do

If you are online at midnight you can get stuck in!!!

Zarhym

The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region, we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.

We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

We’ll see you on Pandaria!

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572970580#1

Edited by MadMonk
Added the source

If you are online at midnight you can get stuck in!!!

Zarhym

That's awesome news :)

Looking at the countdown timer on WoW's website, it will not be live in my area until 3:00am. That is midnight Pacific coast where they are partying while I am on the Atlantic side of the US with not only a cup of tea but a whole pot, lol. Maybe I should have transferred a toon to a European server so I can play sooner. Well, I could also just get a nap first.