FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sinzhu

Holy Paladin

This thread is for questions, comments, and feedback on our Holy Paladin guide for Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

These are in no specific order other than things that popped into my mind while reading the guide. I'll add more suggestions as i think of them!

in the guide it says to use glyph of seal of light, but seal of wisdom outperforms light by a lot
-reduced mana cost on your holy lights, also melee'ing between casts to get mana back is very strong
-increased healing outputs really aren't necessary from my experience, holy light will be hitting for 10k in t7 already

it also says that libram of tolerance is your t7 bis, however the heroism badge libram will outperform it.
-holy light has a long cast time and spellpower/raw output bonuses won't translate very well vs a reduced mana costs

this one is just my own personal rambling, but i think the BIS t7 necklace is actually the hit/haste sapph neck
-the hit isn't necessarily wasted on a holy paladin. missing a judgement can be huge 😛

it might be worth noting somewhere in the guide that if you end up with a greatness card you should try to juggle your divine plea usage during the greatness proc to snapshot the extra 300 intellect worth of mana (the only reason i think it's worth mentioning is because this is your BIS trinket for the whole expansion)

the guide also mentions to judge once a minute to keep up the casting speed buff, but you should be keeping up judgement of light on the boss/main target. the healing players receive from the debuff on the target counts towards your total healing done and can be a huge part of your healing done in a fight.

here is a divine sacrifice macro that will cancel the buff that causes you to take damage from raid damage, but will leave up the buff from divine guardian that just flat reduces raid damage by 20%. you have to double tap it unfortunately, even if you switch around the cancelaura and casts (i'm also not good at making macros, so maybe it can be altered to work with a single button mash!)
#showtooltip Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

Edited by brainlag

i'm confused because going through this and wowhead's paladin guide the author's list completely different stat priority. So, which one is it? Crit or Haste? I"m going to assume this guide is inaccurate because the paladin discord is basically saying crit is terrible as well as the icy veins guide.

Edited by lolmaru
added info

10 hours ago, lolmaru said:

i'm confused because going through this and wowhead's paladin guide the author's list completely different stat priority. So, which one is it? Crit or Haste? I"m going to assume this guide is inaccurate because the paladin discord is basically saying crit is terrible as well as the icy veins guide.

Hey lolmaru, I appreciate you checking out my guide and offering that feedback, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your last little bit there, maybe you meant to refer to the WoWhead guide instead of Icy-veins? But I strongly believe in crit both as a throughput tool and a means for mana regen, Crits value is largely nerfed due to the changes to Absolution, 100% agree with that but I think with shorter fight lengths which we will undoubtedly see here soon I think its value only goes up though there really isn't a *bad* stat for Holy Paladin.