FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sinzhu

Protection Paladin

This build for the prot paladin is...strange, for a lack of a better word.

-There's no reason to pick up Benediction as paladins shouldn't be having mana issues.
-There's no reason to pick up Improved Blessing of Might - that's what your ret paladin is for.
-Vindication is more so for your OT to pick up if you're going to be the MT.
-No Improved devotion aura? This is missing out on a lot of armor and reducing the healing that your taking.
-Reckoning should only be picked up if you're having threat issues...which you shouldn't be having issues.

As for glyphs, it would be more ideal to grab Glyph of Righteous Defense over Glyph of Judgement unless you are simply just drowning in hit.

25 minutes ago, Driftage said:

This build for the prot paladin is...strange, for a lack of a better word.

-There's no reason to pick up Benediction as paladins shouldn't be having mana issues.
-There's no reason to pick up Improved Blessing of Might - that's what your ret paladin is for.
-Vindication is more so for your OT to pick up if you're going to be the MT.
-No Improved devotion aura? This is missing out on a lot of armor and reducing the healing that your taking.
-Reckoning should only be picked up if you're having threat issues...which you shouldn't be having issues.

As for glyphs, it would be more ideal to grab Glyph of Righteous Defense over Glyph of Judgement unless you are simply just drowning in hit.

Hey Driftage! I really appreciate your time to check out my guide and offer this feedback.

Benediction is largely a filler talent, you're correct about that but is necessary to get to other things in the tree, you can definitely flex those points into HOTC but I think Benediction is just as valuable.

I understand the argument for no imp BOM but the argument can be made either way, what if you don't have a ret paladin? Those points can easily be flexed elsewhere but I view this as a better safe than sorry for what is a generalized build. 

You can make the same argument above in the sense of 'what if you don't have a Holy Paladin?' who is likely going to have improved Devo, but those points in imp BoM can be moved here for sure.

I believe reckoning to be the largest threat/damage increase of the points available, I hear what you're saying about 'you shouldn't be having threat issues' but I don't really view anything else as more valuable with what you're able to reach, again you could consider flexing those points into imp Devo Aura but I don't consider it to be strictly better.

Your feedback is very important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to check out my guide.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:28 AM, geekapostle said:

The link to the Holy Pally P2 BiS links to this guide for prot.

Thanks for catching that, has been updated and will reflect soon in the guide.

18 hours ago, krisbjornsen said:

The images of glyphs for prot pally list Glyph of Reckoning instead of Glyph of Divine Plea. A prot pally definitely does not want Glyph of Reckoning

Hey, I appreciate you catching that; think something might have gotten messed up when we made some changes with our talent calculator but a fix should be on the way soon to reflect the correct images for glyphs. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to checkout my guide.