FORUMS
Sinzhu

Protection Warrior Leveling

This thread is for questions, comments, and feedback on our guide to leveling as a Protection Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

Sorry for my English.  When scrolling through the selection of the level at which I want to stop, talents and in general nothing changes, unlike other classes. Scrolling works fine there. On proto warrior, talents change only from level 58. Is it just me? Why then does all the other classes have scrolling working with level selection.

11 hours ago, MonkeySauce said:

Sorry for my English.  When scrolling through the selection of the level at which I want to stop, talents and in general nothing changes, unlike other classes. Scrolling works fine there. On proto warrior, talents change only from level 58. Is it just me? Why then does all the other classes have scrolling working with level selection.

yeah there is an currently an issue since the guide has you respec at level 58. we are working on a fix that should be live soon

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Temposloth said:

I'm currently level 19. Is it not recommended to use Sunder Armor for situations? From what I can tell, it's a strong ability but I see it mentioned nowhere.

typically it won't be needed unless the mob is high health or an elite.  usually the mob will die quickly

11 hours ago, doctorm91 said:

Nice build! However, I was doing the Nexus and I was struggling on holding the aggro. Any recomendations? 

Make sure you are in defensive stance, try to use revenge and shield slam on cooldown.  Use thunderclap and shockwave on cooldown in AoE situations and you should be fine.

Why there are points in polearm specialization? Wouldn't it be good for single target situations to spec into Taste For Blood and Improved Overpower/Rend?

On 10/10/2022 at 9:14 AM, Pachari said:

Why there are points in polearm specialization? Wouldn't it be good for single target situations to spec into Taste For Blood and Improved Overpower/Rend?

You can do that definitely, but your playstyle should most of the time be pulling multiple mobs and using revenge to kill everything. TFB is good if you are unsure what weapons you will have as it helps a lot with the single target DPS.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:52 AM, robloxcoolboy9123 said:

can i hop on dungeons as a tank from level 58 and up?
will my threat generation be affected?

You can easily tank dungeons as soon as you get revenge at level 14(?). At 58 you will have the relentless assault build and you will be doing more damage than everyone else combined.  Focus on picking up plate stamina gear through quests/BoE/dungeon drops etc. and spam revenge as much as you can and enjoy.

Hi, great guide, I tanked from DM all the way to lvl 58 super fine and with good dps, respecced for Ramps/Furnace and holy moly the damage goes through the roof with Unrelenting Assault! 😮

One question, why is there no 3rd Glyph recommendation? I´ve seen this build tanking HCs and Naxx etc at lvl 80... Glyph of Blocking perhaps?

Thx for a great guide!

Edited by Artemisdk
misspelling

On 7/15/2023 at 5:56 AM, Artemisdk said:

Hi, great guide, I tanked from DM all the way to lvl 58 super fine and with good dps, respecced for Ramps/Furnace and holy moly the damage goes through the roof with Unrelenting Assault! 😮

One question, why is there no 3rd Glyph recommendation? I´ve seen this build tanking HCs and Naxx etc at lvl 80... Glyph of Blocking perhaps?

Thx for a great guide!

Hey, usually the leveling guides don't include a 3rd glyph as you will often respec after hitting 80 into an "end-game" spec.
https://www.icy-veins.com/wotlk-classic/protection-warrior-tank-pve-spec-builds-talents-glyphs
The second build setup is a level 80 version of the Unrelenting Assault; it has much higher damage output and is great for running easier content. Deep Protection generally will perform better as Shockwave is invaluable while running Heroic++ content, where things have much higher HP.

3rd best glyph is probably Glyph of Vigilance to help with AoE threat or Blocking if you are doing raids. Good luck, it's a fun spec that deals a ton of damage.