FORUMS
Niix

Log analysis

For any log analysis wanting my own personal help. Please just PM me. I will check them once a day.

I will still chime in on these forums and help out where I can.

---Edit: By Krazyito ---

While anyone here is free to PM someone that you think might be able to help (I get many requests like this) it is encouraged that you post on the forums as well to get multiple views of information.  

While one-on-one information is useful, sometimes there is a passerby that can mention something that may have been missed.

Edited by Krazyito

No one is irreplaceable.

In a game of math and numbers, there will be people that are wrong and there will be people that are right, and there will be people extremely determined to prove their point right to the other party and feelings will get hurt if your skin is not thick enough.

A TL;DR to the two of you quitting because I'm being a bit mean on the Internet.. Grow up, real life is worse.

No one is irreplaceable.

In a game of math and numbers, there will be people that are wrong and there will be people that are right, and there will be people extremely determined to prove their point right to the other party and feelings will get hurt if your skin is not thick enough.

A TL;DR to the two of you quitting because I'm being a bit mean on the Internet.. Grow up, real life is worse.

I'd really appreciate you just dropping it at this point. The thread has been deleted and at this point you are chasing a reaction, which is really pathetic honestly. If you think I'm "quitting" because of you then you're delusional. I am simply taking my services to PMs so people don't have their threads blown up like Trolgar's. You can be mean all you want, and you can think it bothers me if you want. I just don't care anymore.

If you'd like to further discuss this you can PM me.

No one is irreplaceable.

It's not that you being mean is driving me away, it's the atmosphere that you've brought with you.  I've strived to maintain the hunter forums as a place to come for help without the air of elitism.  I've helped many hunters here that were better than I was at the time and those that were worse.  I've kept a level head for the most part in all of this and it's the same head that tells me that it's time to stop.  

It's not that you being mean is driving me away, it's the atmosphere that you've brought with you.  I've strived to maintain the hunter forums as a place to come for help without the air of elitism.  I've helped many hunters here that were better than I was at the time and those that were worse.  I've kept a level head for the most part in all of this and it's the same head that tells me that it's time to stop.  

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you, Orithos. Add me on BattleTag.

Edited by Niix

It is not elitism to correct misinformation, it is only wise conduct on a forum designed for people to ask questions.

And I am not chasing any reactions, here.

It is hard not to think that you're quitting because of me when I point out your error, you get increasingly frustrated and you eventually leave. I've no idea what else to put it on.

Nobody's threads are going to be blown up if you post correct information. Taking it to PM's is a pathetic, selfish move so that you don't have to deal with the ego strike should I come around and correct your mistake, and whatever you say that IS right, nobody else visiting the forums will be able to make use of because you've isolated your expertise to PM's. Good job.

I just hope that some of the meanness shown by some wont deter people away from a great source of information and feed back. I know that hunter community is THE BEST COMMUNITY out there .Niix you've helped me immensely and I look forward to your feedback and imput ..

It is not elitism to correct misinformation, it is only wise conduct on a forum designed for people to ask questions.

It is hard not to think that you're quitting because of me when I point out your error, you get increasingly frustrated and you eventually leave. I've no idea what else to put it on.

Nobody's threads are going to be blown up if you post correct information. Taking it to PM's is a pathetic, selfish move so that you don't have to deal with the ego strike should I come around and correct your mistake, and whatever you say that IS right, nobody else visiting the forums will be able to make use of because you've isolated your expertise to PM's. Good job.

I never said that I WANTED to move to PM's, but rather that you have driven me to do so.  Nor did I directly say that you = elitism, but now that you've said it, you do.  Think about the situation from my perspective: I play fairly casually while also still raiding with normal PUGs.  Call it Casual-Core, as that's what it is.  I'm mostly self-taught in analyzing logs and I'm still fairly new to simc.  From my point of view, your responses have been extremely elitist, the exact opposite of what I try to accomplish in this forum.  Maybe going to PM's exclusively is a bit extreme, but that's the situation that I feel that I have been forced into.

@ Sargerik: I want to agree with you, but I can't.  I honestly have to say that the warlock community here is best, simply because of the amount of discussion that goes on there.  I wish that we had more discussion here, but alas we do not.

Dude, again. I have no ego to try and protect. I simply just don't care how others perceive me. I got frustrated and lost my cool because of a lot of other things that are going on in my life and that was extremely wrong of me. I should have kept a more level head. Now I want this forum to return to the way it was before this whole thing started. I APOLOGIZE for the way I reacted to you Azo. Like I mentioned above, things in my personal life, seeped over into my gaming life, and I should've had a better control and not let my emotions cloud my vision. I do feel that everybody here at this forum needs to take a step back though. I've admitted I was wrong, yet we are still here talking. This should honestly just stop. We need to combine our knowledge so that we can do what the purpose of this forum is. Help people. Not argue. Help.

I am on board with this just as I was before. However if you, and Orithos are not in agreement with me. Then I'm simply going to remove myself from the forum entirely. I want to help people, Orithos, you want to help people. Azo, I know that you have good intentions, they just come off a little bit wrong sometimes. Now whether or not this is me, or you, doesn't matter.

I just want us to hug it out, and stop this whole thing right now.

Possibly the most mature thing I've read on the Internet ever. Kudos to you for that, I wish I had the ability to man up like that. 10/10 moral compass.

Legitimately no sarcasm intended.

Edited by Azortharion

Possibly the most mature thing I've read on the Internet ever. Kudos to you for that, I wish I had the ability to man up like that. 10/10 moral compass.

Legitimately no sarcasm intended.

Appreciate that. Glad this thing is over with honestly. 

@ Sargerik: I want to agree with you, but I can't. I honestly have to say that the warlock community here is best, simply because of the amount of discussion that goes on there. I wish that we had more discussion here, but alas we do not.

LOL I also came from FROSTHIEMS site wowhuntersunion  which is now nolonger :( ... I always felt that no matter the level of game play when I was playing my hunter most tbc - wotlk  that site spoke most to me and was a GREAT site for all hunters even those pansy smelling nightelfs , and the thigs we did from a all huetr raid on the horde cities to killing world bosses with all level 1's it was just a awesome experience at the height of the huntard moniker . So I am bias to the hunter community and yes I still believe its the best no matter how much discussion the warlock ( wanna be hunters ) might get lol just kidding .....

It seems this is resolved.  Thank you for handling it like adults, unfortunate it got like that in the first place.  I'm going to lock this thread now.

I also renamed the title, because I don't want anyone that is passing by to be confused as if its the definite way of doing things.