Damien

Icy Veins Release Schedule for MoP

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

We will release a lot of guides in the days to come, so we felt it would be best to inform you about what is coming. We cannot have everything ready by Launch Day, so we will prioritise according to what will be most useful for you to read.

Before the release of MoP, we intend to release the rest of the dungeon guides (so you can start gearing up fast), 2 raid encounter guides (Mogu'shan Vaults will only be available 1 week after launch, but it is important to prepare!), 85-90 leveling guides for every class, and a short Monk 1-90 leveling guide.

On Launch day, we will release incomplete reputation farming guides where we will explain how to get started and what to do in the first few days. We will complete them over the course of the week, as we have done all the necessary testing on beta, but have not had the time yet to convert our notes into proper guides.

We will also make sure to have the rest of the encounter guides out before Mogu'shan Vaults is released.

In addition, we will update the class guides to be fully compatible with level 90.

All this is going to represent a very heavy workload, so we may be slow to respond to messages and comments for a few days, but we will be reading them and we will need more feedback than ever before.

We would like to thank everyone who has shown us support!

If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to reply Posted Image

• Like 2

As always keep up the hard work! At least you know it is well received!

Think MoP is going to be a great expansion for you guys at Icy Veins!

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kharth
      Recently the hover links don't work on the site anymore. Like when they link a spell and you mouse over it and it shows the tooltip. Any ideas what could cause this?
      Didn't know if this was the correct forum for this or not.
    • By Stormravyn
      Hey guys, need a hand here please. I have healed off and on for years with one or the other of several Resto Druids I have. I also frequently (prior to Legion) heal with a Disc Priest (until Legion, now she is parked), a Mistweaver Monk (not 110 yet) and a couple of Resto Shamans (also not 110 yet).
      I am a really good but not exceptional healer, though I am the strongest healer in the guild atm on most fights, not all. I am disabled, so I can't spend as much time online as I would like, so any help would be much appreciated.
      My question is this: I use askmrrobot.com, icy veins and in game I also use Pawn. ALL of them disagree on stat weights and it is confusing me to tears! I was stacking mastery, now ask mr robot says crit > mastery on raid healing: auto. Mastery > Crit on raid healing: max heal. Crit > Mastery on Raid healing: Spread healing. And of course it all changes again for Mythic+. As my time online is VERY limited, I have very little gold and cannot afford to even buy a lot of the high end enchants and gems, etc, let alone change everything around repeatedly. Pawn shows one thing to be an upgrade, but even with the new 7.1.5 patch, askmrrobot will make me leave an 865 trinket with a great bonus on it in my bags in favor of an 835 trinket just because it has a socket and matches THEIR stat weights. Then I come here, which I used to use exclusively and they say, and I quote,
      1.1. Raid Healing
      Intellect; Haste; Critical Strike; Mastery; Versatility. 1.2. Tank / Mythic+ Healing
      Intellect; Haste; Mastery; Critical Strike; Versatility.  
      So my question is this, and I will follow with my current armory and healing style. WHAT stat weights do I go for and since I really truly SUCK at math and have NO clue how to change stat weights in Pawn or askmrrobot either one, can someone walk me through how to and what they should read to reflect the proper weights, so I can trust them and they agree please? I am 50 years old and this sim stuff is tough for me; I'm sorry. It's confusing for a beginner to sims and stat weights and I don't understand it or how to get the numbers I want it to reflect or what they should even be. Or how to make conversions... I am lost. My guild is small and we are STILL struggling with Heroic EN; can't get past Ursoc atm; he's a real bear... pun intended.  and Nighthold is a mess. Skorpyron is still kicking our butts there, and Helya in ToV... all on normal except for EN. I want to raid, I want to progress, and I want to improve my healing. It likely won't happen in this guild, not because we are bad, but because we do not have dedicated raiders every week. We end up pulling in far too many pugs, have a ridiculously long wipe recovery (stupid long, like 15 friggin' minutes each wipe) and it is just too casual to progress far, but some of us would like to and I want to do my part as well as be able to perhaps join some premade's and be a viable pick. Unless I do, my gear will not get better, as I have run EN normal a hundred times it seems, and there are no upgrades there.
      I do not typically heal Mythic+'s anymore, because it seems MOST of the pugs I get into are horribad and I can't heal when interrupts don't happen, focusing down the right mobs first does not happen, positioning does not happen and no one seems to know the strats. Sometimes it is just a BAD tank. I do not have confidence in my heals because of some awful runs, and so I just don't go. We have an awesome Pally tank I trust to tank them, but he is seldom on and the guild really doesn't run much of anything together. So I have no set group to run with that I trust.
      Atm my healing style is to always keep up two rejuvs on both tanks as well as lifebloom on the one currently taking threat and most damage, as well as Efflorescence of course, all while blanketing the raid with HoTs, Wild Growth and Flourish/artifact weapon talent. I also, of course, hit a tank taking or preparing to take, a lot of damage with Cenarion Ward and Ironbark. I really hate raid healing and much prefer tank healing, but I heal what needs to be healed while focusing as much as I can on tanks. I can't tell you our raid make-up as we have no set group; too much pugging. I will say that we usually always have two Resto Druids, and a Disc Priest, and sometimes we have our Shaman switch to heals or our Holy Paladin will make a rare appearance, or our Paladin tank will switch to heals. That is our base makeup, subject to no shows and pugs of course. 
      Here is my armory; please be gentle lol.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Scamper/simple
      I realize I have a lot of gems and enchants I need, and will start working on that as gold allows, and when I know WHAT to get! I will mention that I talked to a Resto Druid friend of mine from another server, Tsoula, who heals mythic raids and he said to pretty much balance haste crit and mastery as much as possible without worrying too much until I can get the cloak of shame from Kara, and the two set bonus, all of which require high crit, and then switch to stacking crit. Is he right?
      I apologize for the length of this post and welsome all feedback, but please be kind. I run into enough unkind people in game. Thanks <3
    • By catbun
      We are looking for players for HFC after splitting from our former guild. All roles are welcome, and we raid Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:30pm PST for 2-3 hrs. We are also accepting people who don't want to transfer, but just want to raid. Because we aren't eyeing mythic since we don't have enough people, we don't expect you to transfer.

We are comprised of both people who are learning and experienced mythic-caliber players. The common ground is that we do not want to be raiding long hours yet still want to clear content.

If you are somebody returning for HFC and looking for a new guild or raid team, please contact me at longboardcat#1842 or send me a pm. I'll get to it after work. Our current progression is raiding Normal HFC, hopefully clearing 8 bosses this week with a possible optional third day for the rest.

Lastly, as you can tell we are very laid back. We use mumble for voice chat and the guild organization structure is very flat. We are excited for HFC and hope you are too. Instead of joining merging with another guild for HFC, we'd rather form our own team that has the relaxed but skilled attitude.

• By Cup
      Hello! I'm Zetian of <MCO>, I review the Resto Shaman guides from a 10 man perspective here at icy-veins.com

Since 5.4 I've been getting quite a few people asking me about Shaman mechanics and boss specific things so I figured I'd make a few videos explaining how I play and why I play like I do. 

I'm going to post my videos in this thread and if you like what you see, please let me know and I'll make more videos for the rest of the Heroic encounters in the Siege of Orgrimmar. 

If you have any questions or feedback you don't want to post on the forums, please send me a PM.
    • By Damien

After several months of work, we have finally released the new design of our website. This may look like a simple design overhaul, but there is a lot more than meets the eye.

Our website has often been praised for being very easy to navigate, so we decided to keep the layout mostly unchanged, with the exception of the home page, where we can now feature important news. As a result, we focused mainly on giving the website a more pleasant look, hoping to make it more attractive, visually, to our readership. The hardest part in all that was redesigning the forums, because there were hundreds of templates to modify.

As you may have noticed, we have removed the social buttons that were previously found on each of our guides. This goes against the general trend that a website should be connected in every possible way with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. The main reason why we did this is because we never found much use for these buttons. The overwhelming majority of our readers do not share World of Warcraft links on their Facebook or Twitter, so we figured that it was a bit pointless to overload our website with these buttons if no one is using them (not to mention that these buttons enable social media companies to track our readers throughout our website).

Another major change is that the width of the website was slightly reduced. This has to do with our new advertising setup. I will post a longer message on this matter in the next few days, because I think it is important that our readers understand where we stand on that specific topic.

There are many features that we still plan on adding to the website, so this new design is really a first step towards a very much improved user experienced on Icy Veins.

After many months of work, it is also important to thank those who helped us with this new design, especially Michael Oglesby, who guided us in the right direction, and our moderators, who never run out of feedback to give us.