FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue

Your ideal weapon setup in Phase 1 would be the Webbed Death Icon Webbed Death in your main-hand, Sinister Revenge Icon Sinister Revenge in your off-hand, and Envoy of Mortality Icon Envoy of Mortality as your ranged weapon.

With this setup, you will use Deadly Poison IX Icon Deadly Poison IX on your main-hand and Instant Poison IX Icon Instant Poison IX on your off-hand.

First of all: for MUT, you ideally want 2 Webbed Deaths, secondly: why the hell would you put Sinister Revenge in OH??????

On 10/5/2022 at 10:43 PM, Edem123456 said:

First of all: for MUT, you ideally want 2 Webbed Deaths, secondly: why the hell would you put Sinister Revenge in OH??????

Hey there! Just putting a reply from Simonize below that discusses this:

Hi Edem123456, There are two main factors that decide how you place those weapons: physical damage and poison damage. Regardless which hand you put which weapon in, Deadly Poison will always go on Webbed Death and Instant Poison will always go on Sinister Revenge. If you used SR in the MH and WD in the OH, you would deal a little more physical damage with each cast of Mutilate and a little more physical damage with auto attacks. Using WD in the mainhand instead results in more poison damage - this is because the chance per hit to trigger Deadly Poison is higher than the chance per hit to trigger Instant Poison. Your Mutilate ability gives two chances to trigger the MH poison and one chance to trigger the OH poison, and your Envenom gives one chance to trigger your MH poison, zero chances to trigger OH poison per cast. Putting Webbed Death + Deadly Poison in the mainhand results in more poison triggers from your abilities which is generally more significant than the slightly lower physical damage compared to the SR MH / WD OH setup. That all being said, we're talking about a less than 1% difference in estimated damage output here - its not THAT big of a deal to swap which hand which weapon goes in, but I do think WD MH / SR OH is better.

Hope this helps!

A lot of the options for gems are currently not in WOTLK classic until phase 3, just spent several hours trying to figure out how to get a bright cardinal ruby from Timothy Jones who doesn't even sell anything currently.

7 hours ago, kucemang said:

A lot of the options for gems are currently not in WOTLK classic until phase 3, just spent several hours trying to figure out how to get a bright cardinal ruby from Timothy Jones who doesn't even sell anything currently.

Hey Kucemang, we are aware and in the middle of updating the guides. Sorry for confusing you like this. I will talk to the writer and make sure it's clearer for p2 still, although we are closing in on p3 😊

Appreciate your feedback!

• Like 1

Please restore the old Phase 2 BiS list with more than just the #1 BiS, and add the top 5 or 6 for Phase 3 like they did for phase 2. A BiS list with just the top 1 is kind of useless for anyone who isnt a Heroic 25 raider or wants to have options for stat optimization.  The primary reason I used this guide is because the BiS lists are more than just 1.

14 hours ago, Railguy said:

Please restore the old Phase 2 BiS list with more than just the #1 BiS, and add the top 5 or 6 for Phase 3 like they did for phase 2. A BiS list with just the top 1 is kind of useless for anyone who isnt a Heroic 25 raider or wants to have options for stat optimization.  The primary reason I used this guide is because the BiS lists are more than just 1.

Hey! We've recently undergone some formatting changes, and as you said it has resulted in the guides showing some different information so I apologize that it's deviated away from what you were looking for but if there is a specific slot/question you have I would be happy to answer/help! It might also be worth checking out the 'pre-bis' guide, found here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wotlk-classic/assassination-rogue-dps-pve-pre-raid-gear  which includes a ton of items from 10m Hardmode Ulduar with the new addition of Sidereal Essence to the game.

After testing two of the boss talent builds on a Heroic training Dummy, I found that the 51/18/2 build does more dps than the 51/13/7 build. 
With my two current trinkets proccing haste and armor penetrating, the 18/2 build dps jumped way up than the 13/7 build did and with timing the trinkets at same time. Then dps drops down to moderately above the 13/7 build.

i used a 1.4 MH and 1.8 OH

my two cents.