FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

How Alt Leveling Works in Dragonflight

51229-the-leveling-expert-on-the-new-hei

Dragonflight does not include Threads of Fate, but we've got some details on how alt leveling works in the new expansion.

Leveling Your Main Character

Leveling up the first character is linear, and you must complete the zones in the following order:

The Waking Shores > Ohn'ahran Plains > The Azure Span > Thaldraszus.

Leveling Your Alts

When you complete the Dragonflight campaign on your main character, you can pick any of the four Dragon Isles zones for leveling and you will have World Quests and Side Quests unlocked on your alts.

Thanks to MrGM for the screenshots.

Fd1KM7QVUAIMTGd?format=jpg&name=large

Fd1KNPoUcAUPLph?format=jpg&name=large

Fd1KQShVEAAvWWg?format=jpg&name=large

Fd1KVSuUAAIXwzg?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

they should really add a 50% bonus XP to an account after it's first character hits level cap.

Edited by Grumar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumar said:

they should really add a 50% bonus XP to an account after it's first character hits level cap.

Did they get rid of heirloom xp buffs? I feel like that, on top of holiday/darkmoon buffs or other item buffs from old expansions, has always made leveling alts plenty fast.

40 minutes ago, TyZone said:

Did they get rid of heirloom xp buffs? I feel like that, on top of holiday/darkmoon buffs or other item buffs from old expansions, has always made leveling alts plenty fast.

It's been a few years now (i guess since shadowlands launch?) that heirlooms don't give bonus XP anymore.
They give bonus rested XP, but that's it, and not very good when you want to level your character right away

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grumar said:

I can get behind this and it would feel awesome instead of the long drawn out of leveling that SL featured.

40 minutes ago, Mugendai said:

It's been a few years now (i guess since shadowlands launch?) that heirlooms don't give bonus XP anymore.
They give bonus rested XP, but that's it, and not very good when you want to level your character right away

Brutal.

2 hours ago, Mugendai said:

To be fair, when they nerfed heirlooms they also massively buffed base exp gains to compensate. Even without the heirloom exp bonus leveling is just as fast, or even faster than it was before.

2 hours ago, Brightamethyst said:

To be fair, when they nerfed heirlooms they also massively buffed base exp gains to compensate. Even without the heirloom exp bonus leveling is just as fast, or even faster than it was before.

Considering the gold spent on those heirlooms and to upgrade them, the xp boost should still be there....I never understand why they nerfed them in the first place, players spent alot of gold on them, they should have stayed powerful, even today....cause right now, heirlooms are rubbish....they level up every 4 levels, instead of every level, i just don't see the point in them anymore, if there was an option for a refund of gold, as in 100% refund, i would instantly go for it.

I just don't use the heirlooms anymore.....they are rubbish now and not worth the gold they cost.

3 hours ago, Lithari said:

Considering the gold spent on those heirlooms and to upgrade them, the xp boost should still be there....I never understand why they nerfed them in the first place, players spent alot of gold on them, they should have stayed powerful, even today....cause right now, heirlooms are rubbish....they level up every 4 levels, instead of every level, i just don't see the point in them anymore, if there was an option for a refund of gold, as in 100% refund, i would instantly go for it.

I just don't use the heirlooms anymore.....they are rubbish now and not worth the gold they cost.

Heirlooms offer consistent gear throughout leveling so, they are still viable and useful, especially for those that simply quest to level and avoid dungeons unless they are part of a questline. I do agree that stripping the xp buff is poor form. The only reason I bothered to purchase all the heirlooms was for the xp buff.

1 hour ago, Madyrn said:

Heirlooms offer consistent gear throughout leveling so, they are still viable and useful, especially for those that simply quest to level and avoid dungeons unless they are part of a questline. I do agree that stripping the xp buff is poor form. The only reason I bothered to purchase all the heirlooms was for the xp buff.

I constantly get better gear than the heirlooms....from questing and after levelling 3 more times, it gets better again, then i get something that replaces it again.....it got to the point that i never noticed a difference from heirlooms and no heirlooms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lithari said:

I constantly get better gear than the heirlooms....from questing and after levelling 3 more times, it gets better again, then i get something that replaces it again.....it got to the point that i never noticed a difference from heirlooms and no heirlooms.

I didn't say it was better, just consistent for those that choose to quest over dungeons.

5 hours ago, Madyrn said:

I didn't say it was better, just consistent for those that choose to quest over dungeons.

Considering the price of them, THEY SHOULD BE BETTER.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lithari said:

Considering the price of them, THEY SHOULD BE BETTER.

Which price? The Timewarped Badges price? The Marks of Honor price? The Darkmoon Faire Prize Ticket price? The Brewfest Prize Token price? The Love Token price? The Burning Blossom price? The Coin of Ancestry price? The Tricky Treat price? The gold price where the cost of previous ranks drops each time a new top rank is added? 

5 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

Which price? The Timewarped Badges price? The Marks of Honor price? The Darkmoon Faire Prize Ticket price? The Brewfest Prize Token price? The Love Token price? The Burning Blossom price? The Coin of Ancestry price? The Tricky Treat price? The gold price where the cost of previous ranks drops each time a new top rank is added? 

Irrelevant, the heirlooms now are not even worth the gold it costs right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madyrn said:

But it's not.. Consistent in what ??
For leveling a ton (litterally an army) of alts, I've got better gear from quest (as it's said earlier). Meaning green gear is better. Making heirlooms unconsistent gear. You have to overleveling gear by 3-4 levels at least to get the equivalent with heirlooms..

This happen everytime with quests but not only, with random loot too. And I'm only talking about this because you're talking about questing without dungeons. But imagine with dungeons, the difference is even bigger.

That said, the poor and nosense scaling + stats/level squish is responsible. You even can get worst gear several levels later than a random piece you get earlier. It's current to get absolutely NO extra stat on an epic proc (from green) to a quest reward.

The truth is that the actual leveling stats/level squish is nothing more than a huge mess. That's why they're on it for Dragonflight. I hope they'll fix this mess.

6 hours ago, Lithari said:

Irrelevant, the heirlooms now are not even worth the gold it costs right now.

So don't use gold. Also, with as many times as Winds of Wisdom gets turned on a year, and the ease of Chromie Time, if you need an xp buff on the heirloom gear on top of all of that? Just buy a damn boost already you lazy sod.

What happens when you went on your alt before you completed the campaign on main and had reached just 1 quest past the alt leveling quest. can you go back to that npc or do i have to now go through the whole campaign again because i skipped it?

Edited by Lancelot

What happens when you went on your alt before you completed the campaign on main and had reached just 1 quest past the alt leveling quest. can you go back to that npc or do i have to now go through the whole campaign again because i skipped it?

Uncommon Patron
On 11/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, Lancelot said:

this has happened to me, I can't find a way to go back and get the adventuring quest, so the scouting map isn't available for me.