FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

The Item Level of Loot from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 1

3ob1VoC.jpg

End-of-dungeon and Great Vault rewards will scale up to Keystone Level 18 (up from 15) in Dragonflight Season 1.

Item Level of Loot from the Weekly Chest and Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1

Loot scales up to +18 (was +15). All raid difficulties will be available at the same time, so loot from the weekly chest will be uncapped.

Difficulty Level End of Run Item Level Great Vault Item Level
Mythic  372 None
Mythic +2 376 382
Mythic +3 376 382
Mythic +4 379 385
Mythic +5 379 385
Mythic +6 382 389
Mythic +7 382 389
Mythic +8 385 392
Mythic +9 385 392
Mythic +10 389 395
Mythic +11 389 395
Mythic +12 392 398
Mythic +13 392 402
Mythic +14 395 405
Mythic +15 395 408
Mythic +16 398 411
Mythic +17 398 415
Mythic +18 402 418

The highest item level you can get from the weekly chest in Season 1 is 418. Comparing it to raid loot, Mythic Vault of the Incarnates raid bosses drop loot between 415-424 item level. Blizzard also talked about Unique drops from raids, select items on the loot table that intentionally drop at a higher item level from +6-7 from the boss's normal table.

So that would make M+ loot straightup garbage compared to the last information about the Mythic raid, even worse than in SL. Forcing people into their boring *filtered* raid content because they know only a handful would play it otherwise.

Just do separate M+ gear ffs. Other MMO's have done it. We have the technology.

10 minutes ago, Hvitarelgur said:

So that would make M+ loot straightup garbage compared to the last information about the Mythic raid, even worse than in SL. Forcing people into their boring *filtered* raid content because they know only a handful would play it otherwise.

Mythic raid is between 415-424 item level. I added the information to the post since it was missing.

1 hour ago, Hvitarelgur said:

Super easy solution.. Dont play.

Always people whinging, no matter what Blizzard tries to do.

Personally I think its great and I am extremely happy with them raising the ilvl for higher M+ runs.

3 hours ago, Krimzin said:

Personally I think its great and I am extremely happy with them raising the ilvl for higher M+ runs.

You do realize however, that the new +18 loot is even worse compared to the Mythic raid than SL +15, right?

4 hours ago, Krimzin said:

End of the dungeon now: 288; vault 304 d=16
End of the dungeon DF 402 vault 318  d=16 

They literally just moved same *filtered* reward which we get in 15 to a 18. You don't get any closer to raid ilvl from doing 18 in DF than you would get when doing a 15 in SL. Idk what you are talking about being extremely happy. 

For any one looking to compare(Complain) here are the numbers:

Shadowlands season 1 Normal raid gear was Ilvl 200 with the last 2 giving 207, clearing an M+8 gets you 200 and a M+12 nets you 207 end of dungeon loot. That then you get a 216 or 223 in your weekly vault, and heroic dropped 213 and then 220. So your end of vault run is 3 ilvl higher than heroic raid if you get normal quality loot from the clear.

The upper cap for raid was 226 for mythic raiding, and 233 for final bosses, with a M+15 netting you 210 end of run and 226 weekly vault. It was not possible to get ilvl 233 from M+ nor should it be, 20 man content is harder than 5 man content, if you don’t like this i do not care.

In Dragonfligjht the first raid drops 389, on the first 4 bosses, then 395 for 5&6 and then 398 for the last two. To earn Normal intro gear you need to clear a M+11 for end loot, witch gets you a 395 for your weekly. To earn normal mid gear you need +14, which gets you a 405(between heroic Mid and Heroic End) for your weekly. For Normal End gear you need a M+16, which gets you 411(heroic end boss) for your weekly.

The upper cap for raid is 415 for intro Mythic, 421 for mid Mythic and 424 for final Mythic. An M+15 will get you 395 (Normal mid raid) for a clear and 408 (heroic Mid raid) for the weekly. How ever that is not the cap for dragon flight as now gear scales going up to M+18, where you get 402 (Heroic Intro raid) for a clear and 418, which does not drop from mythic and exists 3 above Mythic Intro Raid and 3 below Mythic Mid raid. Similar as to how M+14 end of week 405 is between Heroic intro and Heroic Mid.

The take away: you can now grind out Heroic intro raid gear endlessly, but the scaling raid loot means mythic raiding has 2 tiers higher (421 and 424) rather than one, AND the loot from the end of a +18 is higher than the first 4 bosses of mythic Raiding.

Yes it is a bit of a *filtered* that to get normal rated gear you need to clear a M+11 and not an M+8, but you can also endlessly grind out heroic intro gear, which has not been possible before. That seems like a fair trade IMO

If you read all this and are annoyed, or some how mad at a game you choose to play, that you can not get  gear higher than the first 4 bosses In mythic 20 man raiding in scaling 5 man content that is endlessly grindable, go play another game.

10 minutes ago, Novax73 said:

If you read all this and are annoyed, or some how mad at a game you choose to play, that you can not get  gear higher than the first 4 bosses In mythic 20 man raiding in scaling 5 man content that is endlessly grindable, go play another game.

You realize that we just want separate gear? "Play another game" what take is this? Are you 5? "Hey, we need a new showerhead Suzan. I think I will buy a new house" So much text and so little brain.  

Blizzard fails yet again to address M+ as a true pillar of their endgame while at the same time is their most popular e-sport, but is not relatable to anyone who is not high end mythic raider AND m+ player because tournament realm gives you 7ilvl better gear than you could ever get on live as m+ player. 

Edited by sathus

Why the hell do they have to make gearing more and more tedious with each passing patch ever since the Visions of N'Zoth patch dropped?

Seriously, the last time that gearing up didn't take me really long was back in Nazjatar, when I had good gear inside two weeks and was left with optimizing a few things here and there afterwards. Everything that followed has been a slog, either due to bad RNG or Blizzard lengthening the process for bullsh*t "we want you to take the time enjoying this" reasons.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

1 hour ago, Luname said:

Why the hell do they have to make gearing more and more tedious with each passing patch ever since the Visions of N'Zoth patch dropped?

Seriously, the last time that gearing up didn't take me really long was back in Nazjatar, when I had good gear inside two weeks and was left with optimizing a few things here and there afterwards. Everything that followed has been a slog, either due to bad RNG or Blizzard lengthening the process for bullsh*t "we want you to take the time enjoying this" reasons.

So you had good gear in 2 weeks and you probably quit playing not long after, that is the usually what happens. BIS gear should take a lot longer than 2 weeks. Seems like more and more players all want participation trophies..ie Gear.. but dont wanna do anything for it. Quit whining and either deal with it or quit.. not that hard of a choice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Novax73 said:

The upper cap for raid was 226 for mythic raiding, and 233 for final bosses, with a M+15 netting you 210 end of run and 226 weekly vault. It was not possible to get ilvl 233 from M+ nor should it be, 20 man content is harder than 5 man content, if you don’t like this i do not care.

Some pretty bold statements you have there.

First, lets do the math:

A mistake from one player in the group ...
5 man Dungeon: ... leaves 80% of the group to deal with it.
20 man Raid: ... leaves 95% of the group to deal with it.

You can scale this further down yourself. I love it when raid players just assume "This content drops the highest gear, it must be the hardest". How many keys above +26/+27 have you done? That stuff is brutal.
As somebody else said, there is a reason M+ is WoW's most popular e-sport.
Anyway, completing +27 drops the same as the Heroic raid, which can be done A-Z with 50% of the group dead (which is what boosting services do). Seems reasonable right?

Also WHAT? M+ is endlessly grindable, but Raid is not? Excuse me? You have that one +35 Junkjard in your inventory if you're lucky. You have the whole week for raid. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
You did not even read what we were saying. Just SPLIT the gear between Raid and M+. Scale M+ gear up to +30, make it useless in Raid. Make Raid gear useless in M+.

13 hours ago, Krimzin said:

So you had good gear in 2 weeks and you probably quit playing not long after, that is the usually what happens. BIS gear should take a lot longer than 2 weeks. Seems like more and more players all want participation trophies..ie Gear.. but dont wanna do anything for it. Quit whining and either deal with it or quit.. not that hard of a choice.

I don't know which game you are playing, but it must be a different one. In my experience it is exactly raid players that quit instantly after getting BiS gear. M+ players push and push without even looking at the gear.
I started my MMO career in Guild Wars. For my personal taste, you could get rid of gear completely and I would still play. Because I have fun in dungeons.

But I guess that is not what WoW is about currently. I always hear devs saying "WoW is so great, because there is something in it for everybody". Well I cannot enjoy M+ without the raid content because my gear is *filtered* otherwise.

So try to see different points of view in a discussion or don't contribute at all. Not that hard of a choice.

• Like 1