FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Level Your Alts Now in Preparation for Dragonflight

67549-required-experience-per-level-chan

Experience gains are now increased by 70% on live servers and the XP required per level from 50 to 60 won't be going live before November 15, which is why it's currently faster to level alts on retail instead of waiting for the XP reduction to go live.

• Hallow's End provides you with a +10% Experience buff for 2 hours.
    • Unburdened Unburdened (Alliance Buff) - You have cast your worries into the Wickerman's fire. Increases experience earned and reputation gained by 10%. Lasts 2 hrs.
    • Grim Visage Grim Visage (Horde Buff) - You have painted your face with the Wickerman's ashes. Increases experience earned and reputation gained by 10%. Lasts 2 hrs.
  • War Mode gives you a 10% Experience buff.
  • Winds of Wisdom Winds of Wisdom gives you a +50% XP buff.

All 3 buffs currently stack for up to +70% increased Experience gains. Winds of Wisdom is going away on November 15 in the Americas or November 16 in Europe.

The Level 50-60 XP reduction won't go live before that, so do not hold on off leveling your characters for Dragonflight.

Placeholder for tweet 1582421300068651008

If you are leveling to 50, there is an extra account-bound potion in BfA which costs 5 commendations and increases XP gains by an additional 10% for 1 hour. You should get enough commendations by completing 1 Warfront.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lithari said:

Meh....i will wait....why level now when, i will need to learn the class all over again due to the changes? it makes no sense.

Heritage armor for most I'd wager. Though many of us will level alts just to have them levelled, not to actually play like a normal alt. I have a goal of having every race at max.

2 hours ago, Lithari said:

Meh....i will wait....why level now when, i will need to learn the class all over again due to the changes? it makes no sense.

Sure it does. You can get ahead with reputations, work your way past the curve when everyone is suddenly leveling their new mains and such oversaturating quest areas...

Plenty of reasons. Professions? 

4 hours ago, Lithari said:

Just get everything to max. If you do, do it for the other faction. You don’t need to learn while leveling because being max is so far different than leveling. 

5 hours ago, Yridaa said:

Sure it does. You can get ahead with reputations, work your way past the curve when everyone is suddenly leveling their new mains and such oversaturating quest areas...

Plenty of reasons. Professions? 

I don't do professions, i used to, but not anymore, it took painstakingly long to level up leatherworking, finally got the good stuff, only for it to get replaced by the next quest, so future characters never picked up crafting.

Trust me, i have done the same with Sha-The Expansion that shall not be named, Legion, BfA and each time, the lower level zones were virtually empty, not entirely, but the higher levels were MASSIVELY CROWDED.

Besides, i am wondering how much their nerfing has affected their performance while levelling up, on the PTR, my Ret Paladin at level 25 or so, not making 1,300 type numbers, while on live, at the same level it was not even breaking 750, but then again, the PTR had more available abilities and new ones too.

Overall, it is each to their own, for me, fresh character.

3 hours ago, Entegs said:

Just get everything to max. If you do, do it for the other faction. You don’t need to learn while leveling because being max is so far different than leveling. 

You would be surprised, i learn by doing, from the start, not suddenly when things change....it is likely a social issue i have, it is like a youtube video doesn't do jack for me when learning tactics for a raid or something, i can only learn by doing, when i used to raid alot, players were more.....grown up, emotionally speaking, now -a-days, if you make a single mistake, it is as if you committed a war crime.

Besides, you guys, the 50% xp boost will still be there until November 15th or something, so that is plenty of time, besides, assuming Chromie doesn't kick you out the moment you hit level 60, like it kicks you out the moment you hit level 50,m but it also prevents you from changing the expansion you want to do at level 46, so right now, the best time to turn off xp is level 45.

I just wish they would give us the choice to remain in chromie time, especially when this pre-patch hits.

53 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

I already did em all with the first winds buff :/

Congrats....i guess.

I never rush, i see players rushing to do content, i never understand why they do it, its in all games with matchmaking in general, they rush through it and i always wonder why, there is no reward for faster completion....it just seems weird to me.

I will wait until after the phase 1 of the prepatch goes live.

21 minutes ago, Lithari said:

Congrats....i guess.

I never rush, i see players rushing to do content, i never understand why they do it, its in all games with matchmaking in general, they rush through it and i always wonder why, there is no reward for faster completion....it just seems weird to me.

I will wait until after the phase 1 of the prepatch goes live.

I didn't really rush. I thought I was waiting till the last minute actually lol.

I thought the winds buff was the last shot before DF and I like to get em all up to current level before the next xpack drops. I didn't know there was a second 'last chance' coming.

4 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

I didn't really rush. I thought I was waiting till the last minute actually lol.

I thought the winds buff was the last shot before DF and I like to get em all up to current level before the next xpack drops. I didn't know there was a second 'last chance' coming.

I mean how many characters do you have? cause i only like melee, 2handers, since then, i just need to find 1 weapon, not two.....casters are off putting because you have to kite and i do not like to run from fights.

6 hours ago, Lithari said:

I don't do professions, i used to, but not anymore, it took painstakingly long to level up leatherworking, finally got the good stuff, only for it to get replaced by the next quest, so future characters never picked up crafting.

Let's not forget profession skills are sorted separately by expansions, so levelling one before expansion releases doesn't do anything.

I have 1 more alt I'm just getting to 50 and it's my Kul Tiran Shadow Priest.  Just trying to get it done before the xp buff goes away.  So far I've gotten a Troll-Monk, Troll-Rogue, Undead-Warlock, Dark Iron-Shaman, and a Worgen-Hunter to either Lv50 or L60 for Achievment progress/completion or to just keep on the back burner to see how well DF goes after I've leveled my DH to L70.