FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deathly

Reforging Destro Lock

You are splitting strategies, either go Keen or Artful.  Then swap one gem if needed.  Stand one side of road, fine.  Stand other side of road, fine.  Stand in middle, squish, just like grape.

Pick one, it's easier to adjust by one gem, rather than trying to balance.  The DPS difference is so close, it does not really matter.

Personally, I pretty much go the expertise route over int, and only swap in an int gem if I am so far over hit that I cannot reforge out of it.

• Like 2

Hi,

I was wondering if one of the locks could look at my reforge? I added some Keen Verm gems and my hit is higher reforged it the way I thought it should be.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Incinatrix/simple

thank you

I'd play around with those gems. Try and drop the surplus hit. Looks good at face value.

You are splitting strategies, either go Keen or Artful.  Then swap one gem if needed.  Stand one side of road, fine.  Stand other side of road, fine.  Stand in middle, squish, just like grape.

Pick one, it's easier to adjust by one gem, rather than trying to balance.  The DPS difference is so close, it does not really matter.

Personally, I pretty much go the expertise route over int, and only swap in an int gem if I am so far over hit that I cannot reforge out of it.

This really like Could not make less of a shit if it tried. I run roughly half and half, because I hit affli haste bps for my off spec, which lets me swap over, but I need the hit from gems to keep mastery high. 160 hit is always 160 hit. The hit cap does not change. It doesn't matter how you get it as long as you get it, and efficiency is namely determined by how much mastery/int you can keep in the process. Mixing gems may or may not achieve this. It's not honestly that hard to tabulate roughly, and it takes 5 mins on a cheap calculator. If you're not dropping a valuable stat for hit, then using exp gems is fine. If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) he needs to drop one int gem for one exp gem and keep his haste, to gain 55 dps. /s

Honestly though. It does not make any difference, and he's gaining a lot of secondaries for gemming hit, since his gear is relatively poorly optimized.

lol

2 things you can use to put a definite reforge on your character

Reforgelite or ask mr robot.

I personally use ask mr robot with the in game addon as well, it's too useful,

Once your gems and re forging is set you should never have to change gems willy-nilly,

If you do change gems then your character below par......

As with everyone in the game they want thier character the best it can be no matter what spec , class it can be

You change your gems it will be disasterous for your performance.

2 things you can use to put a definite reforge on your character

Reforgelite or ask mr robot.

I personally use ask mr robot with the in game addon as well, it's too useful,

Once your gems and re forging is set you should never have to change gems willy-nilly,

If you do change gems then your character below par......

As with everyone in the game they want thier character the best it can be no matter what spec , class it can be

You change your gems it will be disasterous for your performance.

1. Hand math is better, but takes more time. The difference in dps is pretty negligible.

2. I'll repeat THE DIFFERENCE IN DPS IS PRETTY NEGLIGIBLE. Hinestly. Unless you're gemming spirit, or something equally stupid, you're losing on average 0.3% dps, which is more like 3 mistimed chaos bolts, and probably the bolts will be a bigger dps increase. So no, changing your gems from keen to artful and not listening to reforgelite/AMR will not be "disastrous to your dps." If you know what you're doing, it probably will increase it in theory. At worst, you won't notice the difference.

1. Hand math is better, but takes more time. The difference in dps is pretty negligible.

Not sure about that tbh. 

The computer does the same math I'm going to, but it does it 10000 times faster.

Computer is gr8 m8

Not sure about that tbh. 

The computer does the same math I'm going to, but it does it 10000 times faster.

Computer is gr8 m8

The issue is more that the way the computer is coded, it doesn't exhaust certain combinations. Moreover, it has to be tuned correctly, and because of the dynamic nature of stats, this is difficult if not impossible to code. Locky has had about a million rants on AMR and cases where it's done this. It doesn't always happen, but it's not really "rare" either. Personally, I just plug in a set of values to AMR, and fix the stupid, which there's usually a gem or two of. But just blindly following a program is not smart since by their natures, computers are stupid, but good at doing what they're told, and they're not told exhaustively what to do in this case. The difference is small. But it's notable.

I do use reforgelite. I used it after I read that the keen gems are a dps increase on Icy so I put those in and went to reforge and saw how much over hit I was and stopped.. so basically everyone it seems is saying it won't make much of a difference.

I do use reforgelite. I used it after I read that the keen gems are a dps increase on Icy so I put those in and went to reforge and saw how much over hit I was and stopped.. so basically everyone it seems is saying it won't make much of a difference.

Keen gems only make a difference if it can save you other secondaries in return. I'm on my phone for the weekend, and can't see the specifics of your gear, but generally, they're only as good as your gear allows them to be because everything is relative. If you like reforge lite, stick with it. I didn't need an ounce of hit when I was mastery > crit > haste reforge. Going to mastery > haste to 9k > crit, I need three or four to get haste cap and keep hit up. It's totally individual based on a bunch of factors. Just knowing proper stat weighting will give you good enough common sense to make your gear 98% perfect, which is fine unless you're a robot doing a spell rotation.