Piquer

Fury Warrior w/ Very Low DPS

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to WOW and have a warrior that I have leveled to 82.  I think my equipment is pretty solid, but I am constantly criticized for having low DPS in dungeons.  My DPS stats indicate 1500/1200 (duel wielding one-handed).  I always play dps in dungeons because I have no idea how to tank, but am told that I am not doing my part despite my best efforts.  Some folks are semi-understanding, but truthfully speaking most are not.  I have asked for suggestions on how to improve, but have yet to receive any.

Where should my DPS stats be at this point?  What can I do to improve them?  Thanks for any suggestions!

Hey Piquer. I have a couple of points for you. It's up to you what you do with them.

1. Your DPS at that level (82) doesn't matter. It really doesn't.
  2. At your level, Fury is inclined to be really unstable. I'd strongly recommend, if you wish to DPS, to stick to Arms while you level. Once you hit 90 and then, once you hit about 30% Crit unbuffed, you can consider Fury. The mobs / dungeon bosses die way too fast to really get anything out of Fury.

I hope this helps. Welcome to World of Warcraft and rest easy you've picked the best DPS class in the game. =) (Biased opinion, obviously).

1 person likes this

Fury is a hyperscaling class and part of that parcel is being extremely gimped in low quality gear. It's essentially worthless until level 90 with high tier raiding gear.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ScubaSteve
      Hi All,
      Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm in need of DPS help. I'm constantly at the bottom of my raid DPS and most Mythic+ DPS charts with little ilvl differences between me and those above.

Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Incideous/advanced
      I know my mastery is a little high but someone said the other day I was geared more so as a tank but then kicked me before I could ask what they meant, any truth to what they said?

Ill try and link a raid log soon to shed some light.

• By Miixon
      (A) Natural Affinity- Dalaran (US) is recruiting.
      Current Progression 7/7H EN 3/7M ,3/3  H ToV , 10/10 N NH
      Natural Affinity has been around for ages a lot of us raiding together since MC . What we are looking for is folks that want to raid mythic and are willing to put in the work to improve themselves as raiders.
      Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday 8-11EST (optional farm content)
      Wed 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Thurs 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Our loot system is a mix of Personal Loot on Farm nights and ML/ Loot Council for mythic progression.
      Classes Needed :
      All tank classes,Balance Druid, Havoc Demon Hunter, Resto Druid,MM or BM Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlock
      Exceptional players are always welcome to apply as well
      http://na.gamerlaunch.com
      Please apply at http://na.gamerlaunch.com  
      First you must apply to the website then fill out the guild recruitment application under the Apply to Natural Affinity tab.
      After you have applied please let one of the officers know in game that you have done so and we will get back to you as soon as possible. After we have discussed it we might have a possible interview at that point.
      Thanks,
      Miixon (Raid Leader of Natural Affinity) Bn90#1117
    • By greenieSr
      Ok so let me start out by saying my weapon is lvl 885(fire artifact) and has the following relics equipped: 

Fires of Heaven 855 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      Raven's sight 865 +20% FS (Arcane)
      Fires of Heaven 845 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      (I know it doesnt add 10% each)

i have in my bag i have:

Seawitch's Foci 840 +12% Ignite (Arcane)
      Sizziling Fang 875 +12% Ignite (Fire)
      Soulforge Ember 835+12% Ignite (Fire)
      Molten Giant's Eye 860+3% Fire crit (Fire)
      Fires of Heaven 840 +10% Pyro (Fire)

Ok last time i took out an Ignite relic i lost 40-50k dps. I put in the 855 Fires of Heaven relic and just did not stack up even though it was a 10ilvl increase. So my question is should i go tripple Ignite? or maybe double ignite with the crit relic too. I care a lot more about mythic + dps more than raid so keep that in mind. it doesnt seem like the pyro one is very good compared to ignite. Also if anyone can offer an explanation as to why i lost so much dps by switching in the supposedly best relic (pyro) that would be great. My best guess is that i was on some kind of soft cap with mastery and that it did a lot more dps but idk

I think the best two options are running three ignite for insane cleave damage in mythic plus or, Sizziling Flame, Molten Giant, and Seawitch.
    • By Ezaro
      Who We Are
      We are a former hardcore guild who finally grew up! Want to still progression raid but don’t have 3 nights a week to devote to WoW? We might be the guild for you! The raiding core is ex TBC/WOTLK raiders who just don’t have the time to raid during the week any more due to real life.
      We raid at the weekend, though people are still on during the week doing arena/mythic + etc!  
      We are currently looking to move into Mythic raiding and are looking to expand the raid team with players with similar goals and time schedules as ourselves.

Raids Times (Server)
      Friday 8pm - 12pm  
      Sunday 8pm – 12pm  

Current Progression 
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Normal TOV
      3/3 Heroic TOV
      10/10 Normal Nighthold

Misc  
      Loot: Loot Concil 
      Voice: Discord
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/ragnaros/Twilight+Souls  

Recruitment  
      At the moment we're in need of Paladin healers as well as all DPS classes. Higher item level is of course better but anything above 860 to start out is fine. Old school raiders preferred, but not required!  

Contact
      Apply here: www.twilight-souls.co.uk/recruitment
      Darkxblade #2173  
      Gaz #2414
    • By Boogal
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Boogal/simple
      17 traits
      Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21010315/10/#metric=bossdps

My DPS is really comically low. These logs are old and I hadn't read the compendium at the time, but even after doing that I can't stay above like 160k on target dummies. Simcraft is telling me I should be pushing close to 300k, and the people in the Warrior discord tell me that I should be able to get pretty close to those numbers.

So can someone just come meet me in Skyhold and help me out or something? I've read about the rotation, and had people tell me it, but I just need someone to like see what I'm doing wrong or something.

I'm Boogal on Emerald Dream US, horde side. Send me a whisper or reply here I guess.