FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
miacenth

Shadow Priest DPS

I'll try an flag someone down to get you pointed in the right direction.  Until I can, could you please post a link to your logs and your character so they can have something to reference.

logs and armory are a must have.

but if i had to guess id say youre moving too much, not doing your best with your dots, and you dont have an addon like "Gnosis" to tell you when your channelled spells are ticking so you know when the best time to clip flay is. also cast Mind Blast sooner when it's off cd.

• Like 1

logs and armory are a must have.

but if i had to guess id say youre moving too much, not doing your best with your dots, and you dont have an addon like "Gnosis" to tell you when your channelled spells are ticking so you know when the best time to clip flay is. also cast Mind Blast sooner when it's off cd.

Thanks for the quick replay Kitsu,  I appreciate it.  You even beat them to posting the pertinent info!

ouch on the hit dude, thats a bummer. also, without your 2 set, crit is much more valuable than mastery, so you would want Haste (to 18200) > Crit > Mastery.

if you have some set pieces that are normal or better, swap out two of your pieces with hit for set pieces that dont have hit. Once you get the 2 set, you want haste to 18200 and then Crit = Mastery. shoulders (reg or H) & H chest would be a great goal for that 2 piece.

• Like 1

I'm working on getting some tier pieces. I have 1 piece right now so dont even have it on.

Have been trying to put the url for my log but it wont let me.

At just a quick glance through your logs there are a few things you need to work on asap and then you can refine.

1. DoT uptimes.

I have set the sha kill to the length of time you were alive and your DoT uptimes are less than impressive.

SW:P = 70%

VT = 50%

On a fight where it is primarily single target you should be 100% give or take a rift collection or banishment.

2. 26  casts of insanity with 68 ticks (if i have read the logs wrong i apologise) given that mind flay has 3 ticks you should have a minimum of 78 insanity ticks (26x3=78). You should however be clipping your mind flay when DP has <1s remaining so that you can channel a full MFI after the DP has dropped. This will increase your dps during insanity.

3. Mind Blast usage

Over the 4 mins you were alive that covers 240 seconds. MB has an 8 second CD which gives a maximum possible 30 mind blasts. Now we all understand that shit happens and we arent robots however you only had 14 casts which is well below the theoretical maximum.

4. Meta Gem procs

You should be tracking your LMG and Trinket procs to re apply your DoTs when they are going to be more powerful and then not overwrite with a lower DoT.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RCYxrHt1JWzPZnDm#type=casts&source=6&start=4719915&end=4956252&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24122682564.0.0.Priest%24false%24137590

This shows your LMG procs and what you cast in them.

Over the 6 procs you had 1 maybe 2(the one after the pull is close) where you applied SW:P or VT.

if you can adress these few things you should see your dps climb.

PS it looks like you are "Spamming" Mind Sear Let it channel and only refresh if you have a significant buff.

Happy Killing

• Like 1