FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Everything You Need to Know About the Trading Post in Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5

wXAIaE0.jpg

Here's everything you need to know about the Trading Post, the main feature of Patch 10.0.5, releasing early next year!

Where is the Trading Post Located?

Alliance players will find it near the Stockades (Stormwind), whereas to Horde players, it is available in Valley of Strength (Orgrimmar).

WoWScrnShot_122222_175539.jpg

Trading Post Currency

Trader's Tender is an account-wide Trading Post currency used to purchase goods.

ensemble.jpg

You will receive 500 Trader's Tender automatically every month just by logging in to the game and opening Collector's Cache.

WoWScrnShot_122222_184515.jpg

You can earn another 500 Trader's Tender every month just by playing the game. The Adventure Journal (Shift + J) has been updated with a new Traveler's Log. Here, you will find a list of activities that reward Trader's Tender and the percentage (%) of progress they give.

ress.jpg

There's something for everyone. Even if you don't raid or clear dungeons, you will receive Trader's Tender by resurrecting players or creating 20 auctions. The activities will change monthly.

You will receive 100 Trader's Tender every time you fill the bar by 20%, up to 100%, At 100% you will also get the Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn mount, which changes colors.

dawnsaber p.jpg

dawnsaber gold p.jpg

Trading Post Goods

The Trading Post offers up to 15 items every months. This includes transmog ensembles, weapons, mounts, or battle pets. You can find out which goods are currently on sale by talking to the Trading Post NPCs.

npcss.jpg

There, you will find a list of goods that are currently available for purchase that month. You can preview each item individually and filter the goods. Below, we include some items that were available for purchase on the 10.0.5 PTR during the month of December.

1h mace.jpgbow.jpgdagger.jpg3d back.jpg

If you don't have enough Trader's Tender, you can freeze one item every month, so that it does not disappear and is available next month as well.

freeze.jpg

Refunding

Whenever you buy an item in the Trading Post, you can return it within 2 hours to receive a full refund

WoWScrnShot_122222_175355.jpg

Feel free to leave your questions about the Trading Post in the comments and we'll try our best to answer ?.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Really hope that they add mounts that were Feat of Strength like the Kor'kron War Wolf (still regret missing the chance to get it)

22 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

What is this? Just like a retention mechanism?

While it uses the mechanic of rewarding those that play  at least once a month, it hardly has enough value to incentivize the monthly sub cost. It looks more like an opportunity to get the little extras that tend to be overlooked or were perhaps too out of reach initially.

Edited by Madyrn

I feel that this is the best way to bring armor and weapons that were removed or are used by NPCs .

Like different color variants of gear or even  items that were removed for some reason like some original items from NAXX classic. 

2 hours ago, kames said:

Vulpera player, disgusting furry.

Wow. Thank you for your in-depth, incredibly insightful opinion into the Trading Post. I'm sure everyone cares.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Madyrn said:

While it uses the mechanic of rewarding those that play  at least once a month, it hardly has enough value to incentivize the monthly sub cost. It looks more like an opportunity to get the little extras that tend to be overlooked or were perhaps to out of reach initially.

The monthly sub cost of $15? Oh please, at the rate the gaming industry is in now I'll be damned to spend $70 for a brand new game that I beat in one day and I'm finished with it. 

Am I missing something? This has been asked for by the community for multiple years and people are still mad about it? I could see if they had you do ludicrous requirements that take tons of time but it's small things like creating auctions. This player base is so bad it's embarrassing 

8 hours ago, Rhoshar said:

Will I be able to do it on 60 chars?

As you can create 60 chars on your account, you can do this on all 60 chars if you want to.

10 hours ago, Rumiko said:

Wow. Thank you for your in-depth, incredibly insightful opinion into the Trading Post. I'm sure everyone cares.

Trading post is W 

Vulpera is L

Much insight 10/10

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zuzubeji94 said:

The monthly sub cost of $15? Oh please, at the rate the gaming industry is in now I'll be damned to spend $70 for a brand new game that I beat in one day and I'm finished with it. 

Not sure of your point, or if you even have one other than to cry. No one is "beating" WoW in a single day. In fact, there is no "beating" a game like WoW, which is a big part of the draw of MMO's in general.

4 hours ago, Madyrn said:

Not sure of your point, or if you even have one other than to cry. No one is "beating" WoW in a single day. In fact, there is no "beating" a game like WoW, which is a big part of the draw of MMO's in general.

Cry about what? People are still complaining about the monthly sub like there isn't things to do in the game. It's basic math really when it comes to sub cost vs a new game released in 2022. 

Edited by zuzubeji94

42 minutes ago, zuzubeji94 said:

Cry about what? People are still complaining about the monthly sub like there isn't things to do in the game. It's basic math really when it comes to sub cost vs a new game released in 2022. 

You need to go back and look at the discussion between me and Prophet001. You don't seem to be understanding what we were discussing at all.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:07 PM, zuzubeji94 said:

On 12/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, zuzubeji94 said:

To be fair, you're only comparing it to the cost of Triple A titles. I can tell you with confidence that I've dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into games from Steam that cost between $5 and $15.

Where I live, the cost of a monthly WoW sub is $20.38 - with that money I can buy a handful of rich indie titles that I can play whenever I wish, way longer than a month.

It's apples and oranges to be sure, but I find more variety with my money through games on sale via Steam than a month of WoW.

Just offering a different perspective 😏