FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

forums dead now? Stats dead too?

if anyone is out there to read this could someone explain why stat weights are dead for rogues now? I have not seen any definitive statement saying why this is the case however in the discord for rogues anytime a person asks about stat weights of course they just get lampooned and Ridiculed off the server but no one ever explains why. And in that same server there's a spreadsheet that basically says Crit mastery haste versatility. The arrogance and the toxic 'mob mentality' personalities in discord don't surprise me, however in spite of their genius I haven't been able to see any reason why stats are dead. 

I just feel like whenever they say things like that there should be a statement as to why And I can't find one anywhere sure anyway don't look like the forms are active but figured I'd ask, I used to get a lot of information here and thank you 🙂

Edited by gonlaz

Remember back in the day before Shadowlands WowHead and icy Veins would have a generic “Pawn String” for you to be able to import into Pawn on their Stat Priority page??

Wanna know why it’s not there anymore? Because Pawn unreliable and Raidbots will give more accurate results. Plus it’s one less Addon running for those that play on a potato.

SIM YOURSELF thats what the discords told you. thats what ill tell you. that is your stat weights, that is why stat weights are dead. that is all your answers

Gonlaz, sim-ing your character used to be a lot easier.  Items had defined stats, and things that changed those stats were relatively limited.  This made it easy to have a set database to work with.  With this expansion however, there are a HUGE number of variables, that have made the number of items unwieldy.  There are so many factors in any given piece of equipment and all the variables for talents you can choose, that it's difficult to sim characters the way it was done before.  But that isn't to say you can't do so, it just isn't exactly the same.  Eatshott isn't wrong.  You can still use Simulationcraft and Raidbots.  Just use "Quick Sim" instead.  Just know that there is no longer an "optimum" talent tree, or the "right" gear.  Icy-veins can make suggestions as to stat recommendations, or talents, or "Best equipment" - but use your own judgment about how much of their advise to follow.  Good hunting, and I hope this helped!