FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alkeir

Help with prot pally tanking Thok 10MH?

Hey guys, we're currently progressing on 10-man Heroic Thok and we are currently stuck on a problem. Our pally tank, for most of the first attempts tonight, survived well past 20 shock pulses/deafening screeches. However, on the latter attempts of the night, he was dying consistently around pulse 19. We are having a tough time figuring out why. Can you guys help us out? Also, do you guys see any general playstyle errors that could be corrrected for more efficient tank survival? Thank you guys so much in advance.

Here are the logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aBfcbgWAFx8PzqyQ#fight=6&type=damage-taken

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-edmjgyb45slhhxpy/

Edited by Alkeir

19 uses of SotR in a 5:30 fight is incredibly, incredibly low especially with divine purpose. I can't view his resources since you didn't have advanced combat logging enabled (it's under network settings) but he's probably floating HP or generating it poorly if his mitigation is so poor. Overall, prot paladins should have an extremely easy time with this fight.

EDIT: To append, I see some odd bastion of glory usage. This indicates that he may be getting forced into dumping them early. This is either due to poor coverage by the healers or poor use of preemptive mitigation by him. I'm too tired for further analysis right now but that should be a decent starting point. I'll look into this more later.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

Basically they seem to have AFK'd, since they use an average of 1 ability per 2 seconds. Either they are lagging beyond anything reasonable, or they really need to learn that they should always be using abilities before they return to H Thok. I don't know where to begin fixing a player that isn't even hitting abilities as they come off CD. They should always be hitting something the second its available, in the priority order listed in the Prot Paladin guide.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

Basically they seem to have AFK'd, since they use an average of 1 ability per 2 seconds. Either they are lagging beyond anything reasonable, or they really need to learn that they should always be using abilities before they return to H Thok. I don't know where to begin fixing a player that isn't even hitting abilities as they come off CD. They should always be hitting something the second its available, in the priority order listed in the Prot Paladin guide.

Hopefully this helps.

I seriously don't understand people who play like this.

Hi guys, thank you so much for your responses, it's truly appreciated. We'll talk to him about it and if we have more trouble I'll come back with some more logs. Really do appreciate the help :)