FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

Garrosh flex and 10n help

Does anyone have any advice in particular for fighting Garrosh in flex, and 10n? The largest reason I've seen so far in the group wiping, is when Garrosh uses ability_garrosh_empowered_whirling_corruEmpowered Whirling Corruption, and the other healers in the raid can't use cooldowns because of using their CDs during when Garrosh uses his inv_axe_2h_orgrimmarraid_d_01.jpgEmpowered Desecrate. Does anyone have any suggestions of what specific dps/heals I would need for this fight, because of Garrosh's inv_axe_2h_orgrimmarraid_d_01.jpgDesecrate?

Druid and Shaman healers with their heavy aoe healing help alot when your team is learning the fight, but if the Desecrate is giving you trouble, don't stack in it. DBM gives a clear warning of when he is about to cast it, and your team should be able to plan its movements accordingly to not get caught anywhere but its fringes. Ranges dps can get it down if you want to keep your space clear.

If the raiders arent watching their feet for the Empowered Whirling swirls and are being hit by those then there isnt going to be alot of things to help brute force through that if they arent popping their own personal cooldowns as well.

As mentioned if you have a few ranged dps have them bait the weapons out one side in phase 2 and then also in phase 3 by moving out as a group before the weapon is thrown this will decrease the boss dps but for normal/flex it shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Also if you have hybrid classes(almsot every class can heal these days) and get them to use their cooldowns, Devo, VE, Smokebomb, Zen Meditation, Healing tides, boomy tranqs etc for the weapons and save your healer cooldowns for the empowered whirls.

As for which healers;

Disc priests OP

Yeah, I think they keep popping their healing CDs too early. I'll take a shaman along with me next time, as well ad a Disc priest, it should be able to be successful then. I previously kept on taking a druid(me) healer, holy priest, and holy pally/or mistweaver monk.

Edited by Nuadria

It may sound like I'm biased....    Bring a Disc Priest  :)

If you are having problems with surviving Desecrate, Facade hit it on the head.  Place two markers at range, and bounce back and forth between them so you are not trying to heal through them at all. Have a range player dps the weapon down so the marker is clear for the next Desecrate.

Thank you all for the tips, the Garrosh fight is a weird fight for healers. Hopefully I'll be able to down him this weekend.