FORUMS
Stan

Trading Post Activities for the Month of February 2023

70553-everything-you-need-to-know-about-

Here's a list of activities you can complete during the month of February 2023 to earn the Trading Post currency.

You can earn a total of 1,000 Traveller's Tender every month. You will receive your first 500 from the cache just by being subscribed to the game. 

WoWScrnShot_122222_184515.jpg

The remaining 500 can be earned by completing various activities that change every month.

Here's a list of all activities that grant Tender for February 2023 when the feature becomes available for the very first time.

Activity Name Description Reward (Amount of Tender)
/hug a Dead Player Emote /hug on a dead player. 50
Complete 10 Dungeons Complete dungeons that yield experience. 200
Complete 15 Mythic+ Dungeons   200
Complete 15 World Quests   150
Complete 5 Dungeons in a Cross-Faction Group   150
Complete 5 Mythic+ Dungeons   200
Complete a PvP World Quest in the Dragon Isles   100
Complete Grand Hunts with the Maruuk Centaur Complete Grand Hunts from start to finish on the Dragon Isles. 150
Complete Group Dragon Riding Races Speak to a Bronze Timekeeper on the Dragon Isles to participate in a group race. 150
Complete the Optional Waking Shores Storylines   200
Complete the Siege on Dragonbane Keep On the Dragon Isles, complete the scenario Siege on Dragonbane Keep in the Waking Shores. 50
Complete Weekly Gathering Quests Weekly profession quests can be obtained within the Artisan's Market in Valdrakken. 100
Darkmoon Faire: Set Out a Big Berry Pie From 2/5 - 2/11 set out a Big Berry Pie at the Darkmoon Faire Island. 50
Defeat 25 Raid Bosses   250
Defeat a Dragon Isles World Boss   100
Defeat Dragon Isles Master Tamers With Dragonkin Pets Defeat 2 Dragon Isles Master Tamers with a lineup of at least 2 Dragonkin pets 200
Defeat Special Creatures During Primalist Storms Special creatures will appear during Primalist Storm events throughout the Dragon Isles. 100
Earn 5,000 gold from auctions in the Auction House   100
Earn 7500 Honor   200
Earn Reputation Throughout the Dragon Isles   150
Eat a Chocolate Cake Slice, Lovely Cake Slice, and Berry Pie Slice   50
Fish Up Items in the Dragon Isles   100
  Speak to a Crafting Orders Clerk in Valdrakken's Artisan's Market to access Crafting Orders. 200
Fulfill Public Crafting Orders Speak to a Crafting Orders Clerk in Valdrakken's Artisan's Market to access Crafting Orders. 100
Harpoon a Fish with a Friend In the Dragon Isles, use a harpoon with another player to catch a fish. 50
Harpoon a Lunker with 5 Friends In the Dragon Isles, use a harpoon with 5 other players to catch a lunker. 50
Hatching of the Hippogryphs: Get a Hatchling to Perch on You On 2/23 get a Frayfeather Hatchling to perch on your shoulder. 150
Hatching of the Hippogryphs: Obtain and use a Spectral Feather On 2/23 obtain and use a Spectral Feather. 150
Imbibe Zanzil's Slow Poison   50
Kill 10 Dragonflight Raid Bosses   200
Loot War Supply Chests in the Dragon Isles   100
Love is in the Air: Complete "Bonbon Blitz" From 2/6 - 2/20 complete the quest "Bonbon Blitz." 150
Love is in the Air: Have a Romantic Picnic in the Ohn'ahran Plains From 2/6 - 2/20 use a Romantic Picnic Basket in the Ohn'ahran Plains. 150
Love is in the Air: Kill Apothecary Hummel From 2/6 - 2/20 kill Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep. 150
Love is in the Air: Present a Lovely Charm Bracelet From 2/6 - 2/20 present a Lovely Charm Bracelet to one of your faction leaders. 150
Love is in the Air: Use Peddlefeet's Hearthstone in the Dragon Isles From 2/6 - 2/20 use Peddlefeet's Hearthstone in the Dragon Isles. 150
Participate in the Tuskarr Community Feast Complete tasks at the Community Feast in Iskaara on the Dragon Isles. 50
Resurrect Players   50
Show Some Love to Fallen Dragons Emote /love at 2 of the specified fallen dragons inside of their raids. 50
Show Some Love to the Dragon Aspects Emote /love at the Dragon Aspects in Valdrakken. 50
Show Some Love to the Trading Post Emote /love at the Trading Post merchants and their wares. 50
Use Happy Pet Snacks Happy Pet Snacks can be purchased at the Pet Supply vendor in Dalaran. 100
Use the Buddy System While Climbing Use the Buddy System during climbing World Quests on the Dragon Isles. 50
Win 10 Non-Skirmish Arena Matches   200
Win 15 Pet Battles   200
Win 5 Battlegrounds   200
  • Thanks 1

This just seems like a quick and easy retention mechanism to me. I mean you're doing this stuff anyway if you're playing the game so this is just another way to keep you playing the game.

• Like 1

It’s actually a nice bit of the currency, from the looks of it we will be able to earn a few things a month from the post. The mounts didn’t look that expensive, which I found refreshing. ESO has the same thing, but it’s way more of a grind for the currency and shop items. To earn something on there it takes like 4 to 6 months of logging in all the time. I hope it stays the way it is on ptr right now.

"Defeat 25 Raidbosses" - I tested on PTR - this means ANY raidboss. I killed Shannox hc in Firelands and it counted towards the progress

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArthasStormrage87 said:

It’s actually a nice bit of the currency, from the looks of it we will be able to earn a few things a month from the post. The mounts didn’t look that expensive, which I found refreshing. ESO has the same thing, but it’s way more of a grind for the currency and shop items. To earn something on there it takes like 4 to 6 months of logging in all the time. I hope it stays the way it is on ptr right now.

The currency is capped so you earn 500 for logging in and looting a chest then you can earn up to 500 more from the activities listed.

2 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

This just seems like a quick and easy retention mechanism to me. I mean you're doing this stuff anyway if you're playing the game so this is just another way to keep you playing the game.

actually Half of the things i never do tbh, and ofc it is to keep you playing the game an other MMO like FFXVI dos the same all over, its weird that a gaming company wants you to keep playing huh? rlly weird logic of you

Edited by Selika

4 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

I dont /hug dragons in valdraken as an everyday activity 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

It's pretty much battle pass, but without additional purchase because there is already a subscription. It is based on FOMO (unless some stuff will be returning into rotation), they also polluted the loot pool with many recolors.

Some of these goals will be almost impossible to complete on many servers, with public work order system being dead. I also wonder if "Complete the Optional Waking Shores Storylines" will autocomplete if you already done these quests.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Uncommon Patron
5 hours ago, Arcling said:

Some of these goals will be almost impossible to complete on many servers, with public work order system being dead.

I also wonder if "Complete the Optional Waking Shores Storylines" will autocomplete if you already done these quests.

According to Bellular, Blizz is aware of WHY the public works is so dead;  the race to be able to complete them is so easy that the board is nearly always empty, or instantly answered.

They're planning to throttle how many public orders someone can do.   I don't know if that means cap them or prevent them from being quick.  I don't actually know if Blizz knows either.   Just that uh, they see it.

"the optional" so are there more optional lines than the Sojourner set?
I have alts that haven't done them.

Uncommon Patron
4 hours ago, Sojourna said:

Fulfill Public Crafting Orders

I believe Blizzard should rethink that one...

To hear it so far, if you succeed at finding one you should probably be given a TCG mount, they're that rare.

8 hours ago, Dreamcatcher said:

Honestly ... It is nice a system. Just doing things we do anyway and get our currency

Honestly hate these systems but Im sure Im the black sheep here.

Much like how they added dailies and weeklies in Fallout 76, I found myself using all my free time to chase objectives like this and not doing other, more story driven stuff. WoW is already a bottomless pit, i just hope i can balance this addition. 

2 hours ago, Razortotem said:

Much like how they added dailies and weeklies in Fallout 76, I found myself using all my free time to chase objectives like this and not doing other, more story driven stuff. WoW is already a bottomless pit, i just hope i can balance this addition. 

From the looks of it almost every single activity in the game rewards currency and it only takes 500 per month to cap. I'd guess that most players, even the super casuals, will cap without having to do a single piece of "extra" content.

Given the very wide range of activities that award currency, (including lots that don’t need the Dragonflight expansion) and that each activity gives such a high percentage of the max currency for a month (10-50%), the vast majority of people who are actually playing the game will probably get the month’s currency earned in under a week just playing normally.

Especially since it’s tied to account, not just one character, so someone can hop around between their alts and still get it done. Even the very casual players, who only play a couple hours a week, should be able to get through it easily.

Edited by Trest

12 hours ago, SpilledStars said:

According to Bellular, Blizz is aware of WHY the public works is so dead;  the race to be able to complete them is so easy that the board is nearly always empty, or instantly answered.

If they think this is the reason, they dont know the reason.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Selika said:

actually Half of the things i never do tbh, and ofc it is to keep you playing the game an other MMO like FFXVI dos the same all over, its weird that a gaming company wants you to keep playing huh? rlly weird logic of you

Not so sure why you're insta-salty. I didn't say I thought it was bad or good or otherwise. I'm just talking about what I think the point of it is.

You are not dumping additional money into the trading post system; it's just an alternative means of  exploration and doing activities that are outside the norm of most players.  If you are a collector of some sorts or fancy a type/certain xmog/mount then this will be right up your alley.

If you are going to treat this as a chore list or the need to complete every single task given by the trading post and proceed to complain about said system then you are fault for your own misery.

"I am so upset they added new content where I actually have to do something!!! I was content ruining peoples keys and buying raid boosts of guilds"

That's all I am reading from people here

Uncommon Patron

I am content to believe that most people do not run around doing Emotes at random characters 

I would have been content to be surprised when I got points for no apparent reason when I /hug a blue dragon for my own good reasons.