FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 6.0 Transition Guide

Common side effect. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR WEAK AURAS.

also back up Interface / WTF before launching wow after any new patch, just to prevent this kind of crap.

Edited by Nytemare

yea i got a backup, was just curious.

I literally have my wow on 4 PCs now haha. Im always overwriting when i make changes and update stuff. Need to just get me a 64GB thumbdrive instead of running around with a bulky external lol.

EDIT: ok so i copied my backups back over and i cannot even open the WA UI

Edited by vaeevictiss

Ok, how come when I cast corruption on a mob in a group of mobs, it sometimes spreads to other mobs without me recasting corruption on them? What's causing this? is this a bug?

Show a log.  Never claim a bug without a log. 

Corruption doesn't spread to other mobs through Demonology unless you found something gamebreaking.  Are you thinking of Hand of Gul'dan?

I was seeing this happen as well, though only noticed it on name plates and didn't get a chance to verify with dot trackers. All my logs from last night got fubared, so anecdotal only.

Did also just notice this with immolate in a flex garrosh, wolf rider came from side and had an immo popped on it. I was only lock in instance. 

LOGS PEOPLE.  I need to see an application of a DoT to something else that hasn't had a cast on it.  We can't fix it if we can't SHOW what is happening instead of just observing.  Did none of you run logs?

Did all your guilds warlocks previously play Destruction, and are now playing either of the other 2 specs?

If you're tracking corruption via a WA, make sure it is set to 'own only'. Otherwise you will be tracking all corruptions on the target and not just your own.

• Like 1

Yes I HIGHLY doubt that Corruption and Immolate are just randomly spreading.  Would be rather funny if Blizzard put in an Ebola mechanic where DoTs randomly spread within close proximity for us to discover.  Too clever, I tell ya.

Did all your guilds warlocks previously play Destruction, and are now playing either of the other 2 specs?

If you're tracking corruption via a WA, make sure it is set to 'own only'. Otherwise you will be tracking all corruptions on the target and not just your own.

I noticed it through threat plate widgets. I'd apply corruption to the first target, then it would up on near by targets. I don't know if maybe it was picking up the other locks corruption by error or what, I am running an alpha.

I will make sure my logs are running tonight, downfall of depending on an add-on to do it for me

Multistrike wouldn't put DoTs on other targets.  I just went through all of my logs and never saw any mob afflicted with Doom or Corruption from 3 different Demonology Warlocks that didn't have it directly cast on them.  I looked at 11/14H kills and 5 Myth SC attempts.

In my case it very well could have been a glitch with threat plates. I wasn't able to verify it with dot trackers, and I asked the other demo locks in the raid if they were seeing this behavior and they didn't.

I had this same issue. I use ElvUI with Tidy Plates, and every once in a while (Galakras for example) I'd toss out Corruption, then see it on everything else in a 10 yard radius.  Same thing was happening with our other two Locks.

I had this same issue. I use ElvUI with Tidy Plates, and every once in a while (Galakras for example) I'd toss out Corruption, then see it on everything else in a 10 yard radius.  Same thing was happening with our other two Locks.

Do they use tidy plates as well?

Yes I HIGHLY doubt that Corruption and Immolate are just randomly spreading.  Would be rather funny if Blizzard put in an Ebola mechanic where DoTs randomly spread within close proximity for us to discover.  Too clever, I tell ya.

That would be so cool to have something like that, dots randomly spreading.

I disagree.  DoTs should be manually applied.  At some point, the game can't do everything for you.  They already brought all 3 specs down a notch in terms of intellectual capacity requirements.  No moar plz.

I disagree.  DoTs should be manually applied.  At some point, the game can't do everything for you.  They already brought all 3 specs down a notch in terms of intellectual capacity requirements.  No moar plz.

it was more for entertainment value. Not happy on how they dumb down lot of stuff, but still could be cool. Fire mages can spread dots, so something like that for lock could be cool. I could see it being for affliction to make up for Double SS cost they now have. I miss the complexity of the game, but its whatever I guess.

On side note, would logs be able to show all parts of a fight say like Skadi the Ruthless? being shot with harpoons? I asked as I noticed a changed in his fight when I did UP yesterday, hoping to find away to prove it.

Edited by Nytemare