FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

Warrior 6.0 Transition Guide

An another nerf just 24 hours before 6.0 angry.png

from what i'm seeing, current Sims for lvl 90 with SD taken, RB and WS contribute about 28% of the total dps, so ~9% decrease in this would net about 3% total dps loss which still leaves Fury pretty strong.  It will hurt Furious Strikes and UQT even more since the total dmg by the nerfed abilities contributes more from these talents.

This basically means you only have 1 option for talents in that Tier.  Before the nerf SD was already the top talent on Sims, this change will make it pull ahead even more.

Colossus Smash is no longer

Colossus Smash has been removed from Fury. 

The Tooltip on Raging Blow, in the PTR, currently reads "A might blow that deals 4,190 Physical damage with your main-hand weapon and deals 1.084 Physical damage with your off-hand weapon. Becoming Enraged enables one charge of Raging Blow. Limit 2 charges.

Note the Tooltip & Core Abilities page below:

RBPTR.png

FCBPTR.png

As much as we'll hate to get used to this, I'm sure, Colossus Smash is gone from Fury.

For now....

read carefully last 6.0.2 patch warrior update from battlenet client ... the sentence "colossus smash only for arms" did not exist at last update notes and two or three sentence about colossus smash at fury section I think Fury still have Cs

read carefully last 6.0.2 patch warrior update from battlenet client ... the sentence "colossus smash only for arms" did not exist at last update notes and two or three sentence about colossus smash at fury section I think Fury still have Cs

It's not. Read the Official Patch Notes on the Blizzard page. It specifically says:

• Colossus Smash is now available only to Arms Warriors.

Anything posted in the Battle.net client can only be taken half-seriously as it has been known, repeatedly mind you, to post wrong or typo'd information. This is primarily relevant in the service status updates for restarts and maintenance. Sometimes the Service Status forum will say restarts while the client says maintenance or vice versa. Always check the Blizzard website. The information there tends to be more accurate and filled with less typos.

Coming from the fact that I just got off the PTR I can confirm that Fury does not have Colossus Smash.

It's not. Read the Official Patch Notes on the Blizzard page. It specifically says:

• Colossus Smash is now available only to Arms Warriors.

Anything posted in the Battle.net client can only be taken half-seriously as it has been known, repeatedly mind you, to post wrong or typo'd information. This is primarily relevant in the service status updates for restarts and maintenance. Sometimes the Service Status forum will say restarts while the client says maintenance or vice versa. Always check the Blizzard website. The information there tends to be more accurate and filled with less typos.

Coming from the fact that I just got off the PTR I can confirm that Fury does not have Colossus Smash.

well we'll see tomorrow :)

Some introductory Sims in case anyone was interested.  I simmed the exact same character 2 nights ago with build 19005 specced into SD then again just now with today's live build 19027.

I'm not fully geared, 4pc T16, heroic EOG, normal Thok's, double 569 axes overall only ilvl 573 so it won't match you high level raiders, but my Sim dropped 4% from 2 days ago, maybe in line with the nerfs mentioned above to RB and WS damage.

Comparing SD vs Furious Strikes, SD is 4% ahead on the live build today.  All this is probably in line with what we expected.

The more interesting thing was the Stat Weights Simcraft is giving me.  With SD build, it's basically multi-strike = mastery = crit.  And this is with me still way below the soft Crit cap (I'm only 37% crit).  Mastery and Mult is slightly higher than Crit on my Sims but all within 5-6%. Haste and versatility fall a good bit behind, so if Simcraft is semi-accurate, gemming/forging between the top 3 secondary stats makes almost no difference.  I imagine if my crit was at the cap it would fall even more behind, but I'll find some warriors with full WF heroic gear to Sim, but I'm guessing crit will fall to the 3rd stat on them.

Nice write up, I always just played prot as my dps as fury was always bad. Even on beta and live, I didn't really noticed much change to prot other then having to readjust my keybinds due to missing spells.

I happy with prot right now, I do miss the cleave, but I find myself rolling Shield Barrier and spamming HS lot due to passive to make it free and the talent that makes it free after 6 devastate. 

Any plans to write up a 6.0.X guide for Fury and Arms?

Any word on if Fusion Fire Core is still broken?

Haven't tested it, but afaik all Cleave trinkets are still 0,04% proc rate.

Nice write up, I always just played prot as my dps as fury was always bad. Even on beta and live, I didn't really noticed much change to prot other then having to readjust my keybinds due to missing spells.

I happy with prot right now, I do miss the cleave, but I find myself rolling Shield Barrier and spamming HS lot due to passive to make it free and the talent that makes it free after 6 devastate. 

Any plans to write up a 6.0.X guide for Fury and Arms?

There's so little depth to the new Fury and Arms that I'm not sure it'll be worth writing anything more than what's in the official IV guides honestly. I might do an "FAQ" style post, but even that will wait until WoD.

Hello guys

I have some questions to you. ( Sorry if somebody else did already ask this but i couldn't find it in here) First of all, im Single-Minded fury, due to the lack of luck in getting 2h Mythic Weapons, I have Ilvl 583 with Galakras Mythic-Forged and T16-4p.

Now i see that the 4 Pieced T16 triggers from BT, and SD triggers from Auto-Attacks.

Now my question : Is this working right? And what if i miss to use an Execute from one of them and the other "would" proc, will it overwrite the current Execute proc or does it stack?

The other question is, should i really use StormBolt in fights like "Iron Juggernaut" with 0 AoE over Dragon Roar? It felt really less powerful when i did that yesterday, because StormBolt is able to not Crit and boy it didnt crit at all -.- ( at least it felt like that ).    Im stacking StormBolt(19,5sec CD) or Dragon Roar(39sec CD) with BloodBath(39 sec CD)

Couldn't even Avatar go ahead with a Cooldown Reduction so high?. At least it benefits the most from the trinket. Im not sure but i think the CD was about 1min 49secs(not sure)?

Then the thing about gemming. I have no feeling for whether 6+str on the item if gemmed correctly is a value worth to go for, Askmrrobot also has mysterious 25%haste + 10% crit gems that i think do not exist, but are shown on their page ( since its only 2 days in patch im not relying on him wink.png   )  Also icy-veins says I should go for 10haste + 10 crit gems for red socket places, im far over the 11% haste value on my gear so wouldn't it be better to go for str+crit or is there a breakpoint that lets me bloodthirst 3 times before enrage would fall off?

Also i know that the difference would be really low so it does not really matter since its only a few weeks till the addon is going to start. But nevertheless I try to maximize as much as i can ;D

Also if I misunderstood something or I am going in a wrong direction with anything please tell me, im happy about every answer.

Edited by Lvena

So, I used simulator and regemmed into mastery to the point where mastery got to 1.07 and crit to 1.09 (str being 1, haste at a close 0.92). Anyways, does anyone know how Sudden Death (lvl 45 talent) and Death Sentence (4p) interact? Also, why did pandaren's step get dropped as reccomended boots enchant, the +10% movement speed ain't worth as a buffer for error when moving out of bad?

Edited by tuvarkz

Hello guys

I have some questions to you. ( Sorry if somebody else did already ask this but i couldn't find it in here) First of all, im Single-Minded fury, due to the lack of luck in getting 2h Mythic Weapons, I have Ilvl 583 with Galakras Mythic-Forged and T16-4p.

Now i see that the 4 Pieced T16 triggers from BT, and SD triggers from Auto-Attacks.

Now my question : Is this working right? And what if i miss to use an Execute from one of them and the other "would" proc, will it overwrite the current Execute proc or does it stack?

The other question is, should i really use StormBolt in fights like "Iron Juggernaut" with 0 AoE over Dragon Roar? It felt really less powerful when i did that yesterday, because StormBolt is able to not Crit and boy it didnt crit at all -.- ( at least it felt like that ).    Im stacking StormBolt(19,5sec CD) or Dragon Roar(39sec CD) with BloodBath(39 sec CD)

Couldn't even Avatar go ahead with a Cooldown Reduction so high?. At least it benefits the most from the trinket. Im not sure but i think the CD was about 1min 49secs(not sure)?

Then the thing about gemming. I have no feeling for whether 6+str on the item if gemmed correctly is a value worth to go for, Askmrrobot also has mysterious 25%haste + 10% crit gems that i think do not exist, but are shown on their page ( since its only 2 days in patch im not relying on him wink.png   )  Also icy-veins says I should go for 10haste + 10 crit gems for red socket places, im far over the 11% haste value on my gear so wouldn't it be better to go for str+crit or is there a breakpoint that lets me bloodthirst 3 times before enrage would fall off?

Also i know that the difference would be really low so it does not really matter since its only a few weeks till the addon is going to start. But nevertheless I try to maximize as much as i can ;D

Also if I misunderstood something or I am going in a wrong direction with anything please tell me, im happy about every answer.

Don't gem Strength for now. Might be worth it in WoD, but right now 5 str on gems is waaaaay less valuable than 10 of any secondary stat.

As far as Sudden Death is concerned, the 2 effects are different, but if they both proc at once, using execute will consume them both, as far as I can tell from limited testing.

You shouldn't use Stormbolt anymore. Dragon Roar is best, but it doesn't really matter either way since the damage of that whole talent row is negligible.

Avatar is practically never worth it, sadly.

So, I used simulator and regemmed into mastery to the point where mastery got to 1.07 and crit to 1.09 (str being 1, haste at a close 0.92). Anyways, does anyone know how Sudden Death (lvl 45 talent) and Death Sentence (4p) interact? Also, why did pandaren's step get dropped as reccomended boots enchant, the +10% movement speed ain't worth as a buffer for error when moving out of bad?

As I said in the above post, as far as I can tell, if the 4p and Sudden Death proc at the same time, using 1 execute will consume them both. :( I only had time to do limited testing though so I could be wrong.

You can get more stats out of other enchants, but I personally kept Pandaren's Step because I love the movement speed bonus. Either way it's up to you to choose.

Most of the time yes, but there will always be the offchance that your swing timer will coincide with BT and that both will proc SD, or at least close enough that you can't react quick enough, and you'll lose one of the procs.

Regarding protection:

1) What would be the better bracer enchant mastery or strength?  (I know mastery > strength in general now, but is 18 str > 11 mastery?)   

2) For weapon Windsong or Dancing Steel?

3) BiS trinket combo?  I am guessing you would want Thok's pretty much all the time and then it comes down to Vial, Skeer's, or Juggernaut.

1) Kinda depends on whether the %AP gain from the mastery will be more than 18 strength. You'll likely want the strength.

2) Either one works really. I'm going with Dancing Steel.

3) Thok's and Skeer's are the best right now for damage output, but they also give pretty good survivability.

Arms is currently weaker than Fury on single target at lvl 100, according the the sims. It does however catch up quite nicely on multiple targets, but Fury-2H stays ahead.

From what I can see right now, for single target it's: Fury-1H > Fury-2H > Arms and on multiple targets it's: Fury-2H > Arms > Fury-1H.

On multiple targets as Arms it will definitely be worth it to multi-dot with Rend, especially if you take Taste for Blood as a lvl 45 talent, in which case you'll be swimming in rage.

after last nerf for fury "% 17 reduced damage for bt-rgb-ws" what do you think about dps for arms and fury. which one is better for single and aoe ???

I may have to seriously consider switching from Druid to Warrior in this expansion. I just got mine boosted to 90 and spent the rest of the day tanking the instances I know (I skipped all of T16 so I'll need to read up how to tank SoO). Only problem is the DPS specs.. Fury is too gear dependent and Arms just feels bizarre with no rage generator, like we're going back to TBC.

Just to confirm - currently it seems like DR is the best talent for both single and multi-target talents over Stormbolt?

And it seems since the talent based dmg abilities all seem pretty low now, Skeer's has passed up EOG as the 2nd BiS trinket paired with Thok's?  The talent abilities hit so soft now relative to our normal attacks I was starting to wonder the same thing.  MS and RB for both dps specs hit so hard it's barely noticeable to me whether or not I even stormbolt or DR at all.

i've had the worst luck possible on thok, but that looks to be in 1st place by a large margin since we so heavily favor 2nd stats.  I have normal, heroic, mythic/mythic WF Skeer's but only Flex Thok somehow :(  Also given that EOG has fallen a bit in the ranks, would you put Flex Thok above Mythic EOG now?

I may have to seriously consider switching from Druid to Warrior in this expansion. I just got mine boosted to 90 and spent the rest of the day tanking the instances I know (I skipped all of T16 so I'll need to read up how to tank SoO). Only problem is the DPS specs.. Fury is too gear dependent and Arms just feels bizarre with no rage generator, like we're going back to TBC.

it may be just a gearing factor.  rage generation seems very good for Arms if you're in at least T16 normal upgraded gear.  now is a good time to play around with it and have fun, the content nerf was so ridiculously overtuned from what I can tell.  I swear heroic (previously normal) feels easier than Flex did just last week and if there's 1-2 warriors and mages in the group everything just melts.  For clearing to bosses on heroic, you can't even use Rend or it's a huge dps loss, nothing but bosses anymore can last more than a few secs, even the galak minibosses die in 5-10 secs max.  TBH I think the content/mechanics were basically ruined - like swapping to flags or totems or interrupting heals, you can kill the target before the 1.5 sec heal ever lands so doing mechanics is almost discouraged.  Both dps specs seem very accessible right now, if not overly so.  Perfect time for some huge twinking with basically unlimited runes too :)

Just to confirm - currently it seems like DR is the best talent for both single and multi-target talents over Stormbolt?

And it seems since the talent based dmg abilities all seem pretty low now, Skeer's has passed up EOG as the 2nd BiS trinket paired with Thok's?  The talent abilities hit so soft now relative to our normal attacks I was starting to wonder the same thing.  MS and RB for both dps specs hit so hard it's barely noticeable to me whether or not I even stormbolt or DR at all.

i've had the worst luck possible on thok, but that looks to be in 1st place by a large margin since we so heavily favor 2nd stats.  I have normal, heroic, mythic/mythic WF Skeer's but only Flex Thok somehow sad.png  Also given that EOG has fallen a bit in the ranks, would you put Flex Thok above Mythic EOG now?

I think SB *might* still be best for Fury ST, and DR for AoE, but it reallllllllllllly doesn't matter. T60 talents damage is laughable.

EEoG is still BiS because it affects the T90 talents, which are still pretty damn good (except Avatar, but that's a story for another time), and because Skeer's is just pretty bad. Once you have enough Crit, the proc on Skeer just becomes less and less attractive.

Just keep Thok & Galakras for now, and don't worry about it. SoO is so easy my Grandma could do Mythic now, and it's all over in 3 weeks anyway.

Concerning protection I have few questions for 6.0:

1/ Should we spam Thunderclap as soon as it is up or just wait the last 10s Deep-wound debuff before refreshing it ? or any particular time for refreshing it

2/ Glyph of Res. Power still useful ?

3/ On Garrosh I were 10k DPS (solo tank) with 4 healers. I did not know if it is a correct DPS or not.

27 % uptime on SBlock and 31,49% on SBarrier. Not enough % on Sblock ? or SBarrier ?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m6NcTdyvZFMwK4b1#type=damage-done

So, now SD will be reduced to 10% procchance. I can understand that they nerf Warrior Dps but why do they ruin the gameplay more and more. The execute proccs were the only thing where you had to show reactions. Now we are all going to stand still or switch to the 25 Rage reduce on Wild Strike while leaping from time to time to maximize dps.

Now a question, do you think it is still more valuable to skill SD for SMF, or better switch to wildStrike and be more and more useless as SMF ... I'd prefered a Tier tree that switches SD for a new Version of CS :'(

Edited by Lvena

wasn't the 10% already live a long time ago and just the tooltip wasn't updated?  20% was WAY too high using 1h weapons and some secondary stats and gems converted to haste, it would be proccing like every 5 secs literally.  

regarding the same talent though, isn't this kind of trash for Arms, cuz they swing auto-attacks much slower?  Eventually it will go the way of RPPM mechanics when Blizz realizes their math isn't good enough to balance procs any other way :)