FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BigBadLock

Playing around with Demonology

Hi guiy,

I played Demonology until the 5.4 nerf of Lei Shen trinket and Wild Imp DPS. Since then I have been playing destro and affliction. I boosted up a second warlock twink and decided to play it in a total different way.

The last time I checked forums and guides, the stat priority was Haste (until one of the caps)>mastery>haste>crit

I decided to go into a full haste build  with mastery as second stat and even put in some int/haste gems instead of hit/mastery. I really liked the fast playstyle of this build because fury generation is really high. However, I noticed that Zinnin (the guy who wrote the Demo guide on MMO) uses a lot of crit on his gear.

I found this really surprising as this stat was considered the worst of all three secondary stats. Is there really a benefit with crit? More crit means more wild imps from critical doom ticks, higher soulfire hits.

What was your experience with Demo in this raid tier?

Both Haste and Crit generate resources for Demonology, so in reality you can go either way.

Shinafae used Mastery > Crit for a long time and held multiple rank ones with it. I've seen her using 15k more recently too. It's more about playstyle and preference, just like how for Destruction you too can choose between Haste and Crit and do fine.

As a side note, there's even a Russian going Crit > Haste > Mastery and getting good results with it.

My experience through the tier as a whole has been pretty varied. I've tried everything from 8k haste to 12k haste with KTT to 15k haste to 19k haste to 22k haste. It's really a matter of preference and you can't go wrong with your stats, it just depends what you prefer.

Currently I've switched back to Mastery > Crit > Haste whilst picking up the Doom breakpoint at 8097 haste. I'm doing this because in WoD, if simcraft data is to be trusted (I think it is) then Haste becomes our worst stat other than Versatility. So I'm personally getting used to a lower Haste set up again to prepare.

how many MC stacks do you normally keep for Meta burst? I watched one of your kill videso

and noticed that you used a lot of soulfires without proccs when there was no need to burn them. Or maybe I missed something in the video. I took me some time to understand your UI :)

Edited by BigBadLock

In general I like to hover around 7-8 stacks.

I think that video is a bit of a poor example because it was actually pretty sloppy play. Also:

1) I was cheesing Doom on the target dummies so I started out with like 8+ wild imps. This meant my MC generation was through the roof. You can see my slamming out Soul Fire's in caster form and gaining back 5+ stacks almost immediately.

2) As a result I was very liberal with Soul Fire, a bit too liberal in fact, as I ended up continuing to chain cast these Soul Fires after the initial window was up. 

Ok now I understand.

Do you always use GoServ? Right now I am not sure which one I prefere. In encounters with lots of AE GoServ will outperform GoSup but in fights like Malkorok or IJ I am not sure which one is better. The additional fury is nice to have during the opener but its only 60 DF. I also hate the normal Felguard as I have to spam command Demon in order to make it use the whirlwind attack -.-