FORUMS
Vlad

Necromancer Overview

This thread is for comments about our Necromancer Overview for Diablo 4.

Hi.  I couldn't see a section specifically for the Necro levelling guide, so I hope it's OK to ask this here.

The guide says to assign points to the following active skills;

1. Bone Splinters
  2. Bone Spear (replacing Blood Surge) early on
  3. Corpse Explosion
  4. Blood Mist
  5. Decrepify

Under the "Book of the Dead" section it advises which minions to have and specifically that's

1. Skeletons
  2. Golem

So that's 7 active skills needed to be on the hotbar... but there's only space for 6.  Unless I'm missing something I don't see this explained in the guide.

I am ready to be corrected :D

4 hours ago, NotInTheFace said:

Hi.  I couldn't see a section specifically for the Necro levelling guide, so I hope it's OK to ask this here.

The guide says to assign points to the following active skills;

1. Bone Splinters
  2. Bone Spear (replacing Blood Surge) early on
  3. Corpse Explosion
  4. Blood Mist
  5. Decrepify

Under the "Book of the Dead" section it advises which minions to have and specifically that's

1. Skeletons
  2. Golem

So that's 7 active skills needed to be on the hotbar... but there's only space for 6.  Unless I'm missing something I don't see this explained in the guide.

I am ready to be corrected 😄

Hi! In the guide, Book of the Dead section, he says that you sacrifice Iron Golem for the Crit in late game, which is a must. Not only do you sacrifice your golem, but you also sacrifice your mages and just keep your reapers.

I hope it makes sense.

Thanks Natalia.  Still took me some time to understand because I didn't realise that choosing the 3rd Golem option meant it removes the skill from being on your taskbar, thus freeing up the slot for Decrepify.

At level 15 in the guide it clearly says about swapping two skills over, which is well explained.  In my humble opinion that would also be useful at 46 when selecting Decrepify to explain this mechanic for the unfamiliar (which is most of us right now 😄 ).  It also helps connects these two pieces of information, which is somewhat lost buried further down as a comment about another skill which doesn't even reference Decrepify or freeing up an action bar slot.  Might be obvious to the experts, but not to us mere plebs 🙂 

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

• Like 1

I noticed on the bone Spear end game build, sacrificial glyph was used 2x. Just got to my 4th board, and it's asking for the glyph again

On 6/18/2023 at 8:17 AM, Torment said:

I noticed on the bone Spear end game build, sacrificial glyph was used 2x. Just got to my 4th board, and it's asking for the glyph again

Thanks. I have passed this on to Ghazzy.

18 hours ago, Natalia said:

Thanks. I have passed this on to Ghazzy.

Thank you! I see it's been changed. 

Imbiber replaced the glyph on the 3rd board now