FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dook

Summoner Necromancer Leveling Guide

Guest atroxsilver

Does raise skeletons always take up a hotbar slot? Can you have explode corpses and corpse tendrils at the same time?

Guest Trollzy

You mention using Decompose, Raise Skeleton, Army of the Dead, Blood Surge, Decrepify, Corpse Tendrils, and Corpse Explosion.

Is the idea for us to maybe switch out a spell after using it or to constantly switch spells? I'm new to Diablo so I don't really understand how to use 7 abilities while only having 6 slots otherwise.

2 hours ago, LalaTheFierce said:

Horrid Corpse Explosion

I dont see this skill on the tree.  Is it the Shadow one or the Slowed/Vulnerable one

Indeed, the name changed and should be Plagued Corpse Explosion. Fixed it, thank you. 😄

53 minutes ago, Guest atroxsilver said:

Does raise skeletons always take up a hotbar slot? Can you have explode corpses and corpse tendrils at the same time?

Yes, raise Skeletons (Warrior and Mages) always takes a slot, unfortunately. For Corpse Tendrils and Corpse Explosion: yes, they work very well together. Ideally, you use Corpse Tendrils to put them around Corpses, and then immediately after you use Corpse Explosion for extra damage. 

47 minutes ago, Guest Trollzy said:

You mention using Decompose, Raise Skeleton, Army of the Dead, Blood Surge, Decrepify, Corpse Tendrils, and Corpse Explosion.

Is the idea for us to maybe switch out a spell after using it or to constantly switch spells? I'm new to Diablo so I don't really understand how to use 7 abilities while only having 6 slots otherwise.

I was not 100% sure if Raise Skeletons would use a spot on the action bar, at first. However, now that we know it is indeed an active skill that has to be used, I would recommend exchanging Decrepify with either a passive of your choice (Grim Harvest for Essence regeneration or Unliving Energy to increase your maximum Essence) or upgrade on another used skill (e.g. another point in Blood Surge or Corpse Explosion). 

Rare Patron
On 3/24/2023 at 5:01 PM, Neviriah said:

I was not 100% sure if Raise Skeletons would use a spot on the action bar, at first. However, now that we know it is indeed an active skill that has to be used, I would recommend exchanging Decrepify with either a passive of your choice (Grim Harvest for Essence regeneration or Unliving Energy to increase your maximum Essence) or upgrade on another used skill (e.g. another point in Blood Surge or Corpse Explosion). 

Posted four months ago. Maybe update the guide so people don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out where to put the spell? Had to respec also since I picked a worthless skill.

Also, I'm sure you are aware, they took away the two points of Imperfectly Balanced.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, Hordack said:

Posted four months ago. Maybe update the guide so people don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out where to put the spell? Had to respec also since I picked a worthless skill.

Also, I'm sure you are aware, they took away the two points of Imperfectly Balanced.

Hi! We're aware of Imperfectly Balanced currently being only one point, but we think it's a bug in-game right now. Adam Fletcher (community lead for D4) confirmed that it is a "known issue" on Twitter, so we expect it to be rectified. However, if it is not and it stays this way, then we will update the skill trees accordingly.