FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dook

Blood Surge Summoner Leveling Guide

Guest Nameless

Greetings , this build is quite strong against any mob pack within the game but I have noticed it lacks 'singular boss damage' . Is the bone build posted stronger for Burst Boss Dps?

9 hours ago, Guest Nameless said:

Greetings , this build is quite strong against any mob pack within the game but I have noticed it lacks 'singular boss damage' . Is the bone build posted stronger for Burst Boss Dps?

Yes, the Bone build is a bit more focused on single target damage. However, if you take Sever (with Blood Surge build), it greatly improves single target damage and has a high chance to make the enemy Vulnerable. 🙂

Guest Nameless
2 hours ago, Neviriah said:

Yes, the Bone build is a bit more focused on single target damage. However, if you take Sever (with Blood Surge build), it greatly improves single target damage and has a high chance to make the enemy Vulnerable. 🙂

Yes I have noticed the blood surge build has changed recently which with sever does actually change the boss dps drastically. I appreciate the information.

For my personal interest , I wished to try a full darkness build , would that be efficient in any way or will 'meta' builds take over?

Guest Thunderfunk

Im attempting this build on console, but it doesn’t seem like I can have all the skills active at once. How do I slot in blood wall when my 6 attack slots are taken up?

I'm counting 7 abilities that need to be used here: the 6 for the two main rotations, plus Raise Skeleton for the minions. Problem is there are only 6 hotbar slots, and if you unslot Raise Skeleton from your hotbar your minions vanish (well, explode). What am I missing?

7 hours ago, Guest Nameless said:

Yes I have noticed the blood surge build has changed recently which with sever does actually change the boss dps drastically. I appreciate the information.

For my personal interest , I wished to try a full darkness build , would that be efficient in any way or will 'meta' builds take over?

You should absolutely try a full darkness build during the open beta. This is the perfect time to test things, especially sinc there is no meta yet. So I say go for it! Especially if you keep Sever in, could be good fun :D

6 hours ago, Guest Thunderfunk said:

Im attempting this build on console, but it doesn’t seem like I can have all the skills active at once. How do I slot in blood wall when my 6 attack slots are taken up?

Towards the later levels, I'd switch out Corpse Tendrils for Blood Nova. During theorycrafting I was not 100% sure if skeletons would take a slot or not, but now that we konw, I would suggest going for Raise Skeletons (with Reaper Warriors and Cold Mages), Blood Mist, Sever, Blood Nova, Hemorrhage and Blood Surge.

27 minutes ago, Yukichigai said:

I'm counting 7 abilities that need to be used here: the 6 for the two main rotations, plus Raise Skeleton for the minions. Problem is there are only 6 hotbar slots, and if you unslot Raise Skeleton from your hotbar your minions vanish (well, explode). What am I missing?

Some things changed for the open beta, so at this moment I would suggest taking out Corpse Tendrils. The action bar would then look something like this: Raise Skeletons (with Reaper Warriors and Cold Mages), Blood Mist, Sever, Blood Nova, Hemorrhage and Blood Surge. :)

> Use Sever to boost single target damage and Corpse Tendrils to make use of available Corpses.

Corpse Tendrils is not a spell on this build. Am I missing something?