Twintop

WoW Recap: PvP Season Ending, System Requirements, Brawler's Guild Season Two, Undelete Characters

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

7165-wow-recap-pvp-season-ending-system-

Blizzard is actively tying up loose ends as the release date of 6.0.2 draws closer. PvP Season 15 will be ending soon along with a probable 6.0.2 release date, Warlords of Draenor system requirements have been announced, and details about Season Two of Brawlers Guild have been released. Additionally, if you have ever deleted a character and regretted the decision later on, there's good news on the horizon!

K3ZZRAEZM4LP1391572061203.jpg

PvP Season 15 Ending Soon and Probable 6.0.2 Release Date

Blizzard has announced that the PvP Season 15 will be ending soon. This is quite an important announcement as the last 8 PvP seasons have all ended the same day that a major patch has been released, and, that announcements of the end of PvP Seasons has been 2 weeks in advance. This places a 6.0.2 pre-patch release date as soon as October 14, 2014.

Blizzard Icon PvP Season 15 Ending Soon

After many grueling bouts in the Arenas and Battlegrounds, the time has nearly come to see who will reign supreme in this action-packed PvP season. Prepare to fight your last battles, and remember—to the victors go the spoils!

Arena and Rated Battleground Season 15 will be coming to an end in as soon as a couple of weeks. Once the season wraps, we'll begin an approximately two week process to determine end-of-season reward eligibility.

Qualified players should note the following in order to ensure you receive your just rewards:
  • Please refrain from transferring your characters to another realm or faction until after PvP Season 15 has ended.
  • PvP Season 15 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.
Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points at the end of the season, and any Honor above 4,000 will be converted to in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. A few other things to keep in mind once the season has ended:
  • The Honor cap will remain at 4,000.
  • Season 15 items with rating requirements will no longer be available for purchase.
  • Rated Battleground and Arena matches will not be available during the break between seasons.
Best of luck, gladiators! (Source)

Warlords of Draenor System Requirements Released

In the same vein as a probable 6.0.2 release date, Blizzard poster Nethaera revealed the Minimum and Recommended System Requirements for Warlords of Draenor on the official forums. Comparing these to the Windows Mists of Pandaria System Requirements shows minimum requirements have gone up slightly:
  • CPU:
    • Intel Pentium D -> Intel Core 2 Duo
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 -> AMD Phenom X3 8750
  • Graphics cards:
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6800 -> NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
    • ATI Radeon X1600 Pro -> ATI Radeon HD 4850
    • Intel HD Graphics 3000 (New)
  • RAM: 2GB -> 2GB (no change)
  • Hard Drive Space: 25GB -> 35GB
Likewise, the Recommended Specifications have also gone up:
  • CPU:
    • Intel Core 2 Duo -> Intel Core i5 2400 or better
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6GHz -> AMD FX-4100 or better
  • Graphics cards:
    • NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT -> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or better
    • ATI Radeon HD 4830 -> ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • RAM: 2GB -> 4GB
If your current system has a hard time meeting or exceeding these specs, you may need to upgrade your system to enjoy the same (or better!) gaming experience you presently have!

Blizzard Icon System Requirements for Warlords of Draenor

To make sure you’re prepared for Warlords of Draenor, we wanted to share with you the minimum and recommended system requirements for playing the expansion.

Minimum System Requirements:

PC:
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows8 (latest Service Pack)
Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Intel HD Graphics 3000

Mac:
OS X 10.8
Intel Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850

PC/Mac:
35 GB available HD space
2 GB RAM
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard/mouse
DVD-ROM drive
1024×768 minimum display resolution

Recommended Specifications

PC/Mac:
4 GB RAM
Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel

PC:
Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
Intel Core i5 2400 or AMD FX-4100 or better
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better

Mac:
OS X 10.9 (or latest version)
Intel Core i5 or better
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or ATI Radeon HD 6750M or better
(Source)

W9FQIZG8Z9NA1404770590485.jpg

Season Two of Brawler's Guild Details Announced

As we mentioned in a news post earlier this week, changes are coming to the Brawler's Guild in 6.0. In addition to current achievements becoming Feats of Strength, all progression with your faction's Brawler's Guild will be reset, the boss order will be rearranged and retuned for level 100, and useful items for everyone, like inv_60pvp_ring1c.jpgPit Fighter's Punching Ring, will be available.

Blizzard Icon Brawler's Guild: Season Two

You’ve been beaten and bloodied, laser beamed and chomped, and you’ve certainly earned the opportunity to take a breather. The current season of Brawler’s Guild is coming to a close once Patch 6.0.2 goes live, but you’ll be back in action before you know it. Here’s what you can look forward to as we get ready to launch Warlords of Draenor.

P1U5WLXYQQG11411767836654.jpg

First, all members of the Brawler’s Guild will keep their membership after the patch goes live, so don’t worry about having to rejoin. For those who still seek to join the Brawler’s Guild, you’ll have some opportunities to find a Blood-Soaked Invitation once you arrive on Draenor.

There are quite a few changes, so let’s break ’em down:
  • All Brawler’s Guild achievements earned prior to Patch 6.0.2—Season One—will become legacy achievements. New achievements for Season Two will take their place.
  • Rewards earned based on progression will remain available for purchase. The ring reward will be updated in Patch 6.0.2 so that it will have valuable stats for all specializations.
  • The next patch will introduce boss encounters that will be adjusted for level 100 members.
  • Progression has been reverted back to 8 tiers.
  • Bosses that are being removed from previous tiers will be added to the challenge card vendor and become available as you progress.
  • All tiers have had their boss line-ups remixed—for example, Bruce is now a rank 5 boss instead of rank 1.

59N7IXX307WW1404770636070.jpg

While we won’t be adding new bosses or challenge cards, you will be able to take Meatball back to your Garrison as a new follower—that is, once you’ve defeated him. As for the future, who knows what developments Bizmo and Boss Bazzelflange might have planned? For now, get in there, rough up a few bad guys, and get ready for Brawler’s Guild to come back with a vengeance! (Source)

Undelete Characters Feature Coming in 6.0.2

Blizzard is introducing an automated system for restoring characters that have been deleted by players. You can only use this service once every 30 days, but that should be more than often enough for most players.

Blizzard Icon New Feature Incoming: Undelete Character

In the upcoming pre-Warlords of Draenor content patch, we’re adding a new feature that allows players to undelete characters. But before you delete that character, there are a few limitations we want you to let you to know about first.
  • Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
  • Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer be recoverable after 90 days.
  • Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer be recoverable after 120 days.
  • All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
  • Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
  • Undeleting a character restores all of its enchantments, gems, and items fully intact. You’ll be able to get back into action right away, and your character won’t remember being deleted—we won’t tell, either.
Shhhh. . . .

Reclaiming Your Name: What About Flugur?

We’ll be holding deleted character names for a limited time, and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let’s say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur. (Source)
  • Like 1

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night tongue.png

I have a question regarding the sistem requirements, cause unfortunently i dont have the means to upgrade my computer (a.k.a buy a new one) any time soon, and i want to play the game on my current one smile.png

Right now im running WoW on a 4 year old laptop, with a i3 processor M350 (2,27 GHz, a ati mobility radeon HD 5470 with 1 gb dedicated memory and 4 gb of ram memory. I can play just fine on low/fair settings, and all extra sutff to make the game look better all turned off and with an average 30 fps on open world and about 60 on closed spaces (dungs/caves, etc), when places get to crowded and there is a lot going on can drop to 15/20 fps but not that ctitical. Question is, will I be able to run WoD on this pc and have similar performance with these settings (even if i have to drop all settings to low, wich they almost are by now), or will i get horrible unplayable fps especially in a raid environment? And one more thing, for some time now i recieve a message everytime i open the game that says that my graphic card drivers are out of date, and says to update them. Problem is i checked for updates and says its updated and i looked onlyne everywere, including ATI website and cant find a way to update the drivers... Will this be a problem when WoD come and the outdated drivers will prevent me for even running the game (or at the very least cause any performance issues)? Any one knows how can the drivers be updated?

Thanks in advance for the answers, its a big concearn of mine cause i really want to to play WoD but cant afford a new pc any time soon

Cheers smile.png

Edited by FrostyMage

You'll definitely be able to run WoD on at least minimum without any problems, FrostyMage. i3 CPUs are better than Core 2 CPUs pretty much across the board. You might need to turn a few things down slightly lower than you have them now, but I would imagine not by much.

As for the "out of date" graphics drivers, that won't prevent you from playing the game. Depending on if you're running 64 bit or 32 bit Windows, one of these two links should allow you to download the updated drivers for your system:

32bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+7+-+32

64bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+7+-+64

Hope this helps!

Im not a computer expert i but i know i have enough ram and cpu and all that even on my 5 y/o computer with my intel core i7 but when it comes to graphics im using an ati radeon hd 4600 series how does that compare to the 4850 series is it good enough? im running fine on fair right now with over 100 fps sitting and 50-90 in dngs and 25-50 in raids depending on the encounter

Edited by Bournebreezy

If you're achieving those FPS rates currently, you should be OK in everywhere except raids. For raids you may need to tone down your settings even more. There is a graphics option to reduce the number of spell effects from other players in 6.0, though, so that will have a lot of positive performance impacts.

If you're achieving those FPS rates currently, you should be OK in everywhere except raids. For raids you may need to tone down your settings even more. There is a graphics option to reduce the number of spell effects from other players in 6.0, though, so that will have a lot of positive performance impacts.

Where is that graphics option ?

System -> Graphics. There's a checkbox that lets you specify different raid and battleground settings. Remember, this is in 6.0 so it won't show up until after maintenance tomorrow!

Screenshot (too big to paste in-line): http://puu.sh/caYgV/68c755af19.jpg

Sry but I still dont get it, which one of those options allows you to reduce the number of spell effects from other players ?

Everything under "Raid and Battleground" is what you see from other people (and in general) when you're in a raid or battle ground. By default, you won't see the giant graphics of other peoples' abilities, so your experience will improve some automatically. If you're still lagging, you can turn these settings down.