FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Belicosa

A concern

Not sure exactly where to put this.

Lately I have been getting a lot of flash crashes and even some auto-links on this page. I'm not here to point any fingers, just to report what I see as a possible problem.

And my computer has eset and spybot active 100% and I run weekly scans, so it's not on my end.

Thanks

The Mage Belicosa

Edited by Belicosa

Just thinking aloud here, but it may be something that got downloaded along with something else, as I had something similar happen to me.  Go through your Program Files (C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86), if you have both sets (yours might be slightly different) you'll want to go through both) and look for any folder that you didn't explicitly download/extract to that location.  If you don't know why you have a folder, it's likely that it was a part of a hidden download and contains what is doing this.  There should be a file that uninstalls the program, which should be the end of your problem.  If not, well, I tried.  I can't remember the name of what I had off the top of my head, but after uninstalling it I haven't had any issues.  

Could you please tell me from which country you are browsing from and what browsers you are using? There can be a lot of different problems with ads, but crashing flash player is not one I have heard of yet.

Spybot misses a ton of stuff and often gives false negatives and positives. An auto link ad is 99.999% of the time related to malware/adware. I would suggest doing what the first responder suggested and go through files manually