FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Fathom Dweller Water Mount Quest Available for Two Weeks on US and EU Serevers

Clipboard06.jpg

The Legion World Quest for the both useful and great-looking Fathom Dweller Fathom Dweller mount is now up on both EU and US realms (as spotted by thestray and floofmcbuns)! This one has a tendency to be away for a long time (as long as 6 months) so you should get this done while it's available, although it does have a relatively involved quest line to make it show up (which we'll go through below). You can see how long the quest will be up when you hover over it, but it's been live for around two days now and lasts two weeks.

Here's the mount and some cool concept art (courtesy of Wowpedia) :

Clipboard02.jpg   Faceless_One_Caster_concept.jpg

And here are all the steps you need to complete to unlock the quest for the mount:

• First, download a WoW Addon that shows you coordinates to figure out where you are and where you need to be. Something like MapCoords or TomTom will do.
  • Head to Broken Shore 37/71 and talk to Drak'thul.
  • Head to 57/52 and enter the Musty Cave. Click on the Mound of Dirt that is hard to notice. You will receive Weathered Relic Weathered Relic.
  • Return to 37/71 and talk to Drak'thul again and go through all his dialog options.
  • Now comes the more difficult part. You must click on 10 Hungering Orbs in the exact order. If another player clicks on them, it takes approximately 20 minutes for them to become clickable again, so they have a cooldown. Here are coords for all the Hungering Orbs:
    • Azsuna: 37/37: The first orb is located in a secret cave behind the tree.
    • Stormheim: 33/75: The second orb is located in a cave where Kangaxx is.
    • Val'sharah 41/80 Find another secret cave located inside a tree. The third orb is guarded by an Elemental. 
    • Broken Shore 31/76: You will find an underwater cave that hides the fourth orb.
    • Azsuna 59/12: Behind the crystals is yet another secret cave. The fifth orb is located on the ground next to a broken table.
    • Stormheim 67/14: Near the underwater shark is a crevice that leads to a cave that contains the sixth orb. Try to avoid the steams, as they deal high damage. This orb may be the most difficult for you to get.
    • Highmountain 52/36: Enter the Haglands and follow the path to your right. Above halfway down (55/36), you want to jump down to a ledge with a cave. Do not enter the first cave since it's a decoy. Instead, turn right and head to the actual cave to find the seventh orb.
    • Azsuna 54/26: Under the bushes near a tree is another secret cave. The eighth orb is somewhat hidden, too, located in a bush near a pillar inside the cave.
    • Broken Isles World Map 50/91: Find underwater wreckage to get through a secret cave. This one is hard to explain, so we advise you to check out MadSeasonShow's video (timestamp). You will find the ninth orb to your right.
    • Broken Shore 37/71: Head back to Drak'thul and click the final orb on the table behind him.
  • After you click it, the DANGER: Kosumoth the Hungering World Quest spawns at 46/49 on the Broken Isles World Map. Kill Kosumoth to receive Fathom Dweller Fathom Dweller. Note that you have a chance to get the Hungering Claw Hungering Claw instead of the mount. It just so happens that the reward is the mount right now.

Check out the video guide by MadSeasonShow for more details!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a heads up on this, you don't need to wait for the orbs to be clickable, I did it with my friend and we both clicked on all of them no issue, and other players were around us clicking on them.

Has anyone else had a problem with the mount not dropping after quest completion? I did all the orbs, spoke to the NPC again, and went to the boss. Killed him 5 times and still no mount. I was in a party the first time, and one person got it but not me. Should i put a ticket in?

Is it possible to click on the orb 1 day and kill Kosumoth the next day??
I killed him today and clicked on the orbs yesterday. (no Mount)

nowhere to accept the quest either.

Edited by MikesGameWorld

On 4/7/2023 at 11:57 PM, Mrchaos750 said:

Has anyone else had a problem with the mount not dropping after quest completion? I did all the orbs, spoke to the NPC again, and went to the boss. Killed him 5 times and still no mount. I was in a party the first time, and one person got it but not me. Should i put a ticket in?

I have the same issue. I was also in a party of 2 and 1 person got it, but not me. How did you fix it?

12 hours ago, Pheyt said:

I have the same issue. I was also in a party of 2 and 1 person got it, but not me. How did you fix it?

You need to unlock Legion world quest first before hitting the the NPC. I did it on my toon without Legion stone/questlines and didn't get the mount. I tried it with my another toon with Legion questline and it dropped.

Something is not right. Did the quest on two of my characters. Both are on separate servers. Did everything correct, but never received the quest. Killed the boss and he never dropped anything except junk. Is this truly valid?  

I ran this quest with two of my characters. They are on two different servers. Got the correct response at the end, but never received the quest. Killed the boss and he only dropped junk. Is this really a valid quest line, as of 4/10/23?...

It’s worth noting that you need to have world quests unlocked for Legion, if you’ve already done it on another toon it’s as simple as speaking to Khadgar in Dalaran and completing the Quest “uniting the isles” this also gives you the flight masters whistle.

I went over there today and the NPC Drak'thul is sleeping and wont get up after talking to him. Is there something I am missing?

Update: didnt realize you have to exhaust his dialogue 

Edited by Rikyspanish