Damien

Retribution Paladin 6.2

111 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Retribution Paladin guide.

yes im not too sure im understanding this multistrike and versatility thing. whats the deal with those? what are they?

I wonder if it would be worth pointing out that (at least during the transition phase between MoP and WoD), level-85 Cataclysm food provides a bigger benefit than Mists food.

For example, inv_misc_food_meat_cooked_08.jpgBeer-Basted Crocolisk provides 36 strength and 36 stamina, while inv_misc_food_cooked_golden_black_pepperBlack Pepper Ribs and Shrimp only provides 34 strength.  This applies to all stat food, not just strength, and mats are also vastly cheaper and easier to aquire.

Similar improvements can also be found on Cata potions and flasks.

This is an oversight by Blizzard, they're in the middle of making a patch to fix this.

Hi,

I am playing a paladin protection / retribution

I am a little bit confused by your guide and the 6.0.2 patch note. (it will not be the first time with Blizzard but...)

So patch notes says:

Secondary Stat Attunements

A new concept that we’re introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. Treat this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.

• All specializations now receive a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from all sources. This bonus is granted through new passive abilities or additional effects added to existing passive abilities.
  • [... other classes ...]
  • Paladin
    • Holy: Critical Strike
    • Protection: Haste
    • Retribution: Mastery

and in your guide you says that Mastery is top priority:

The stat priority for Retribution Paladins is:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste until 50%;
  3. Mastery OR Critical Strike;
  4. Versatility;
  5. Multistrike.

is everything ok and all right?

Do we have to prioritise Haste up to 50% and then Mastery or Crit (for enchant and gems) or prioritise Mastery?

By the way, with the hotfix from October 16

• Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Mastery: Hand of Light's additional damage dealt has been increased by 20%.

is Haste up to 50% our priority or Mastery became more interesting?

if Haste is still top priority, is Mastery more interesting than Critical Strike now as a third priority?

Thanks

Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike gives more crit than Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike tongue.png

Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike gives more crit than Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike tongue.png

I'll fix it, thanks!

I am very confused as to where you guys are getting haste as a superior stat? I see no information on WoD beta that haste does what it did in MoP, Reduce our GCD for our primary abilities. They took that passive out in our spell books, and haste just increases attk speed and cast speed, unless there is a blue post about attk speed that I have missed

While there doesn't seem to be anything stated on skills or in passives that Haste reduces the cooldown of many of our skills, it still does.  This can easily be tested by taking off one or more pieces of haste gear and comparing the cooldowns.

Hi,

I am playing a paladin protection / retribution

I am a little bit confused by your guide and the 6.0.2 patch note. (it will not be the first time with Blizzard but...)

So patch notes says:

and in your guide you says that Mastery is top priority:

is everything ok and all right?

Do we have to prioritise Haste up to 50% and then Mastery or Crit (for enchant and gems) or prioritise Mastery?

By the way, with the hotfix from October 16

is Haste up to 50% our priority or Mastery became more interesting?

if Haste is still top priority, is Mastery more interesting than Critical Strike now as a third priority?

Thanks

I've tweaked the stat priority, Haste to 40% remains on top, with Mastery second and Crit third. I don't understand what the patch note you linked has to do with it, though :)

This guide is completely wrong and runs contrary to all the sims and parses currently out. I suggest updating the information.

Thanks, we've updated the stat priority.

Hi, thanks a lot,

about the patch note, it is more than why Blizzard gives a bonus to Mastery as secondary stat for Palret when the top secondary stat is haste for palret?

I think it is very confusing for newbies or for people that doesn't do theorycrafting or go on Icy Veins. (and for non english speaker, Icy Veins is not easy to understand (and part of my job in my guild is to 'translate' Icy Veins in french^^)

Blizzard says that they want a game easy to play but harder to master, and WoD is going into that way with less spells, less stats, less caps, less stuff and so on but they gives bonus to haste for palprot but they need mastery and mastery to palret but they need haste...

I don't follow the logic on that because for a lot of players, if blizzard gives a bonus to a stat it is that this stat is top priority...

Hi, thanks a lot,

about the patch note, it is more than why Blizzard gives a bonus to Mastery as secondary stat for Palret when the top secondary stat is haste for palret?

I think it is very confusing for newbies or for people that doesn't do theorycrafting or go on Icy Veins. (and for non english speaker, Icy Veins is not easy to understand (and part of my job in my guild is to 'translate' Icy Veins in french^^)

Blizzard says that they want a game easy to play but harder to master, and WoD is going into that way with less spells, less stats, less caps, less stuff and so on but they gives bonus to haste for palprot but they need mastery and mastery to palret but they need haste...

I don't follow the logic on that because for a lot of players, if blizzard gives a bonus to a stat it is that this stat is top priority...

The two issues are not connected at all. All Blizzard is saying is that those specs will receive more of a given stat from the sources that provide it, but that does not in any way imply that that stat automatically becomes the best one for the spec. It all has to do with how far the specific stat was from being the best stat before the update. For instance, if Haste is the worst stat for the spec by a large margin, making the spec gain 5% more of it from all sources is unlikely to cause the stat to become the best one.

As for understanding the content of Icy Veins, we actively try to use language that is as simple and as consistent as possible, but there is only so much we can do before we start annoying native speakers (or people who speak English very fluently).

For the 5%, blizz states specifically that it isn't the case for all classes and specs, it's just a good lead for beginners to edge towards. There will be times where a different stat can become more valuable.

Hi,

Thanks for this very detailled ret paladin guide. It is very helpful since I'm new to this class. I don't see the "Boundless Conviction" you are talking about. Does it really apply to 6.0.2? I don't see it neither as passiv ability, nor as talent.

Thanks.

You have Sensei's Wild Jade as an option for a red socket.

Thanks, fixing it!

Hi there, just a quick question. I have 35% haste atm, do i need to gem it to 40% without raidbuff or is the 40% requirement already include raid buffs.

Thanks.

That would be without the raid buff, since the raid buff doesn't apply to the reduction of CDs

That is correct! Apparently I never noticed that the way haste buffs applied now means it reduces CDs. 40% haste BUFFED is the new breakpoint.

You should use wow_icon_spell_holy_sealofvengeance.jpg Seal of Truth. Against 4 or more enemies which survive for 30+ seconds, you should use wow_icon_spell_holy_righteousnessaura.jp Seal of Righteousness.

I think this is a mistake,you can see these APL code in simc

actions.precombat+=/seal_of_truth,if=active_enemies<2
actions.precombat+=/seal_of_righteousness,if=active_enemies>=2 

Both SoT and SoR have 12% weapon damage

HotR doesn't make holy damage on the main target anymore.I think something between CS and HotR need to be changed.

Sorry for my bad English.

Enchant cloak - Accuracy give 13 crit. Atleast the tooltip states that!

//Wumpen

It does, and it's usually a lot cheaper too.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

We're getting two more days of testing on Antorus bosses, this time mostly focused on Raid Finder, with Wednesday being all about the Forbidden Descent part of the raid and Hope's End coming on Friday and will remain open over the weekend.
      October 18-24 (source)
      Wednesday, October 18th - Friday, October 20th
      Forbidden Descent - Raid Finder Antorus, the Burning Throne
      13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      Friday, October 20th
      Varimathras - Mythic Antorus, the Burning Throne
      13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      Aggramar - Mythic Antorus, the Burning Throne
      14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
      Hope's End - Raid Finder Antorus, the Burning Throne
      15:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      Hope's End Raid Finder will remain open over the weekend.
      As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a PTR environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
      Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
      A: In Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade Sr. in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)
      Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
      A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players' effective level to 110 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.
      Q: How long does testing last?
      A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we're satisfied that we've received that information for a given boss, we'll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.
    • By Stan

Argus the Unmaker drops interesting trinkets with secondary on-equip effects and Blizzard explained how they work in more detail.
      Path of the Titans Trinkets
      The final boss of the upcoming raid drops trinkets that have two on-equip effects. While the primary effect functions just like any other trinket, the secondary on-equip effect only activates under certain conditions.
      Aggramar's Conviction - Mark of Aggramar Aman'Thul's Vision - Mark of Aman'thul Eonar's Compassion - Mark of Eonar Golganneth's Vitality - Mark of Golganneth Khaz'goroth's Courage - Mark of Khaz'goroth Norgannon's Prowess - Mark of Norgannon Clarifications
      The secondary "When empowered by the Pantheon..." proc on the trinkets will only activate within Antorus the Burning Throne raid. Only four unique buffs are needed to trigger the secondary proc (down from 6). Aman'Thul's Vision ignores the rule as a "wild card" and the item does not count toward the Legion Legendary cap, so you can have 3 Legendary items equipped at the same time. Pantheon's Blessing is used to upgrade Pantheon trinkets up to item level 1,000. Blizzard (Source)
      Hey guys,

A slightly different discussion here, but just popping in with a note that the secondary Equip effect on the Antorus trinkets that note "When empowered by the Pantheon...", such as 'Aman'Thul's Grandeur' on Aman'Thul's Vision or 'Khaz'goroth's Shaping' on Khaz'goroth's Courage will only function within the Antorus raid once it is live.

Currently on the PTR this effect works outside of the raid, but its worthwhile to offer some clarification so there's no confusion once the raid itself is live.

If you have any questions on this, let me know!
      While it won't function in Mythic+ we did change the six requirement so you only need four unique buffs to trigger the Pantheon secondary proc inside Antorus. You can have any possible combination of the unique five to activate this additional proc. Aman'Thul's Vision ignores the rule as a "wildcard" filling any gap that you might be missing from the other five.

So for example you can have two Aman'Thul's and two of the other uniques and it will trigger the Pantheon proc.

Keep in mind we're still tweaking and making changes to the trinkets so please keep voicing your feedback about it :)
      Currently all of the trinkets on PTR behave like Aman'Thul's Vision does in the Pantheon proc but will be changed to be unique before it goes live, other than Aman'Thul's which will stay as a wild card. 

Still as always subject to change but that's the current plan.
      All trinkets have received updates in the latest Patch 7.3.2 PTR build:
      Aggramar's Conviction
      Mark of Aggramar - Taking damage has a chance to increase your Armor Versatility by 1,197 2,697 for 15 14 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, your maximum health is increased by 652,038 459,366 for 15 sec, and you are healed to full health. Approximately 2.2 1.4 procs per minute. Aman'Thul's Vision
      Mark of Aman'thul - Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you 741 1,089 Speed, Avoidance, and Leech for 12 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, your Intellect is increased by 1.414 1,087 for 15 sec. Approximately 2.5 1.4 procs per minute. Eonar's Compassion
      Mark of Eonar - Your healing effects have a chance to grow an Emerald Blossom nearby, which heals a random injured ally for 23,392 36,100 every 2 sec. Lasts 14 12 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, your next 4 direct healing spells grant the target a shield that prevents 65,204 71,132 damage for 30 sec. Approximately 2 1.2 procs per minute. Golganneth's Vitality
      Mark of Golganneth - Your damaging abilities have a chance to create a Ravaging Storm at your target's location, inflicting 63,728 148,698 Nature damage split among all enemies within 6 yds over 8 6 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, your autoattacks cause an explosion of lightning dealing [ 870,400% 1,357,400% of Mainhand Weapon Speed ] Nature damage to all enemies within 8 yds of the target. Lasts 15 sec. Approximately 4 1.8 procs per minute. Khaz'goroth's Courage
      Mark of Khaz'goroth - Your damaging attacks have a chance to make your weapon glow hot with the fire of Khaz'goroth's forge, causing your autoattacks to do [ 929,400% 1,327,700% of Mainhand Weapon Speed ] additional Fire damage for 12 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, your Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, or Versatility is increased by 1.413 2,614 for 15 sec. Khaz'goroth always empowers your highest stat. Approximately 2 1.4 procs per minute. Norgannon's Prowess
      Mark of Norgannon - Your damaging spells have a chance to increase your Intellect by 1,303 3,257 for 12 sec. When empowered by the Pantheon, you gain 6 charges of Norgannon's Command for 15 sec. Your damaging spells expend a charge to inflict an additional 34,321 45,760 damage to the target, from a random school of magic. Approximately 3 1.4 procs per minute.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Junkrat build guide for Heroes of the Storm.
    • By Stan

Yesterday, the final boss of Antorus the Burning Throne was tested on Heroic difficulty. Here's a video preview of the encounter.
      WoWReloe uploaded a video of the fight, where the raid team managed to bring him down to 26%. All stages and transition phases included, so definitely check it out!
      Stage 3
      At 5:47 during the second transition phase, Argus retreats and Constellar Designates spawn.
      The Discs of Norgannon grants each Constellar Designate a 200% increased damage vulnerability from a single school.
      Vulnerability Types
      Arcane Vulnerability Fire Vulnerability Frost Vulnerability Holy Vulnerability Nature Vulnerability Physical Vulnerability Shadow Vulnerability You need to be careful with interrupts, because of Impending Inevitability. When you interrupt a Constellar Designate, he will become immune to interrupts for the next 20 seconds (Inevitability), so you should interrupt Cosmic Beacon over Starblast.
      Periodically, Constellar Designates will enter melee range and gain the effects of Blades of the Eternal and Sword of the Cosmos.
      Stage 4
      When you reach Stage 4, Argus kills all players with Reap Soul. It's very similar to the Lich King encounter back in Wrath. You're not able to resurrect for a short time and then Eonar casts Gift of the Lifebinder, creating a tree that can be used to return players back to life, as long as it it is healed up (Withering Roots). 
      Gift of the Lifebinder - Eonar causes the Gift of the Lifebinder to spring forth to save the players. While the Gift of the Lifebinder lives, players may freely Release Spirit after dying. If players move to the tree as ghosts, they will be returned to life, at the cost of some of the Gift of the Lifebinder's Life Energy. When the Gift of the Lifebinder's Life Energy is depleted, it becomes the Withered Gift of the Lifebinder. Withered Gift of the Lifebinder Players may heal the Withered Gift of the Lifebinder. Additionally, when they use it to resurrect, it is afflicted by Withering Roots. Withering Roots - Inflicts 850,000 Nature damage every 2 sec. This effect stacks. The tank debuff gets nasty in the last stage and lasts until the fight is over (Deadly Scythe). In the final stage, Reorigination Modules will spawn and they need to be killed as soon as possible to decrease radius of their Initialization Sequence.
      For all Argus' abilities, check out the Dungeon Journal entry here. Argus will probably have a secret phase on Mythic difficulty involving Sargeras.
    • By Stan

A new ban wave went out earlier today, targeting users of third-party software.
      Blizzard has suspended accounts that were found to be using bots. For more details about the ban wave check out the ongoing discussion on reddit.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We’ve recently taken action against a number of accounts that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay. These programs (commonly called cheats, bots, or hacks) automate certain aspects of gameplay, or provide unintended advantages and abilities to the player. This type of cheating undermines other players' experience and severely upsets the balance of the game environment.

As a reminder, in order to ensure fair play and competitive integrity, we closely monitor these and other activities that violate the Terms of Use.

We’re committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in World of Warcraft, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use. Cheating of any form will not be tolerated.