FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Brian Holinka Leaves Blizzard After 11 Years to Work with Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

31294-brian-holinka-leaving-world-of-war

Lead Combat Designer Brian Holinka announced he's leaving Blizzard after 11 years to pursue a new adventure with his old friend and mentor Greg Street.

Riot MMO Game Lead Greg Steeet has stepped down from his role at Riot Games in March to start his own remote game studio. It appears Brian will be joining him on his next venture.

Placeholder for tweet 1663561697637060614
Placeholder for tweet 1663579695797923841

In a series of tweets, Brian Holinka talks about his departure in more detail.

Placeholder for tweet 1663561705102909456
Placeholder for tweet 1663561703081246723
Placeholder for tweet 1663561699717427200

Recently, they are losing quite a lot of people. Holinka was one of the veterans, he survived the "purge" post lawsuit, so it's interesting to see him leave. It's probably a smaller project. I also don't think they are making any mmo, considering how Ghostcrawler just left one that he was working on.

Uncommon Patron

Gosh.   I remember the days when they said Frost Mages would never be nerfed while Ghostcrawler walked the lands.

It's a wierd world and I look forward to seeing another wierd world crop out of the distances in 5 years or so or maybe less.  Rockin'.

1 hour ago, Arcling said:

Recently, they are losing quite a lot of people. Holinka was one of the veterans, he survived the "purge" post lawsuit, so it's interesting to see him leave. It's probably a smaller project. I also don't think they are making any mmo, considering how Ghostcrawler just left one that he was working on.

Also considering the "there must always be a Cosby suite" tweet, I wouldn't be very vocal about him being my mentor either, unless you know, you're proud of that sort of thing.

42 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

Also considering the "there must always be a Cosby suite" tweet, I wouldn't be very vocal about him being my mentor either, unless you know, you're proud of that sort of thing.

I don’t think he really cares Me2 is only there when it’s convenient for them or their politics. There was a pretty strong rape allegation towards Joe Biden with Tara Reade and Me2 never batted and eye, even with video evidence of her mom calling into Larry King in the early 2000’s talking to Mr King about it on air. Saying they was afraid of the retaliation of doing it being he was a senator.

Edited by ArthasStormrage87
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ArthasStormrage87 said:

I don’t think he really cares Me2 is only there when it’s convenient for them are their politics. There was a pretty strong rape allegation towards Joe Biden with Tara Reade and Me2 never batted and eye, even with video evidence of her mom calling into Larry King in the early 2000’s talking to Mr King about it on air. Saying they was afraid of the retaliation of doing it being he was a senator.

How bout them skeles lololol

:'D

Just now, ArthasStormrage87 said:

I don’t think he really cares Me2 is only there when it’s convenient for them or their politics. There was a pretty strong rape allegation towards Joe Biden with Tara Reade and Me2 never batted and eye, even with video evidence of her mom calling into Larry King in the early 2000’s talking to Mr King about it on air. Saying they was afraid of the retaliation of doing it being he was a senator.

I don't care who it is, investigate them thoroughly and accurately, and if they're guilty they can get an orange jumpsuit. But go ahead and bring your political concerns into this if it makes you feel better.

3 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

Yeah, I don't think Greg Street ever addressed his participation in Cosby Suite? Regardless, it's not a good look to call someone like this as his mentor. I wonder if they will be able to release something good. There are now dozens of studios made by former Blizzard employees. Only few of them ever released something and it was mostly crap. Majority is just pretty much silent on anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Yeah, I don't think Greg Street ever addressed his participation in Cosby Suite? Regardless, it's not a good look to call someone like this as his mentor. I wonder if they will be able to release something good. There are now dozens of studios made by former Blizzard employees. Only few of them ever released something and it was mostly crap. Majority is just pretty much silent on anything.

There's no "good" way to address something like that, which is probably why he never has. Honestly surprised that with a tweet like that he wasn't named as a defendant for at the least not reporting knowledge of sexual assault under California law, that kind of phrasing implies that you're aware of what's happening even if you're not participating yourself.

16 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

There's no "good" way to address something like that, which is probably why he never has. Honestly surprised that with a tweet like that he wasn't named as a defendant for at the least not reporting knowledge of sexual assault under California law, that kind of phrasing implies that you're aware of what's happening even if you're not participating yourself.

I guess we will never know how aware Street was of what was going on, it doesn't look like any dev has been questioned or convicted. Alex Afrasiabi was one of the guys named in the lawsuit, he was "let go" from company due to harassment a year before lawsuit happened, but it seems he pretty much disappeared from the face of the Earth. He and Street knew each other, so it's hard to believe he didn't know anything as he was obviously present in Cosby Suite. Then there was Jeff Kaplan, who was their friend (he was the one who introduced Afrasiabi to Blizzard), so there are many questions about how much these guys knew.