FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arcane Mage 6.2

Guest Oogahound

Whats the difference between stacking Multistrike and Haste? does any of them benefit more and less than the other?

Is it viable to just stack Multistrike?

Sorry for spliting this into two comments, but, does Multistrike WORK on arcane mages? I really enjoy watching double attacks go off. 

Could I stack Multistrike as an arcane mage without sacrificing dps?

Whats the difference between stacking Multistrike and Haste? does any of them benefit more and less than the other?

Is it viable to just stack Multistrike?

As I have said above. There is a reason why we suggest Mastery / Haste (with T18) as to priority.

tl;dr .: no

Guest Duzzle

wow_icon_trade_archaeology_draenei_tome. Tome of Shifting Words, your class trinket from Archimonde reduces the cast time and global cooldown of wow_icon_spell_arcane_blast.jpg Arcane Blast during wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Arcane Power. As a result, you want to prioritise Arcane Blast over wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles during Arcane Power, the idea being to cast Arcane Blast as many times as possible, without wasting a proc of Arcane Missiles and without running out of Mana.

T18 2-piece bonus gives wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles a 35% chance to summon a random hero to assist you in battle for 10 seconds. If you have the T18 4-piece bonus, your damage is increased by 12% per random hero active.

The random hero from these set bonuses is an entirely passive mechanic and do not change the base rotation. That say, during wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Arcane Power+wow_icon_spell_mage_focusingcrystal.jpg Prismatic Crystal, you need to try and cast wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles as often as possible without capping Mana, in order to summon additional heroes and benefit from their damage buffs while the cooldowns are active.

These two statements kinda contridict eachother, and was just wondering what I should do during arcane power + Prismatic crystal with both the 4 set and class trinket (HC). 

wow_icon_trade_archaeology_draenei_tome. Tome of Shifting Words[/size]

, your class trinket from [/size]Archimonde reduces the cast time and global cooldown of [/size]wow_icon_spell_arcane_blast.jpg Arcane Blast[/size] during [/size]wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Arcane Power[/size]. As a result, you want to prioritise Arcane Blast over [/size]wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles[/size] during Arcane Power, the idea being to cast Arcane Blast as many times as possible, without wasting a proc of Arcane Missiles and without running out of Mana.[/size]

T18 2-piece bonus gives [/size]wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles[/size] a 35% chance to summon a random hero to assist you in battle for 10 seconds. If you have the [/size]T18 4-piece bonus, your damage is increased by 12% per random hero active.[/size]

The random hero from these set bonuses is an entirely passive mechanic and do not change the base rotation. That say, during [/size]wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Arcane Power[/size]+[/size]wow_icon_spell_mage_focusingcrystal.jpg Prismatic Crystal[/size], you need to try and cast [/size]wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles[/size] as often as possible without capping Mana, in order to summon additional heroes and benefit from their damage buffs while the cooldowns are active.[/size]

These two statements kinda contridict eachother, and was just wondering what I should do during arcane power + Prismatic crystal with both the 4 set and class trinket (HC).

I had a small talk with my reviewer and indeed, there is a problem there. There is no consensus in the theory crafting community regarding what is best when you have both the class trinket and the T18 4-piece bonus. So I added a note to that effect to clear some of the confusion. Thanks for the comment!

Guest sawboss

i see that unblinking gaze of sethe heroic is beter than the archimonde class triket heroic on askmrrobot for arcane as frost is this true ? or  is askmrrobot not a trusted site annymore?

i see that unblinking gaze of sethe heroic is beter than the archimonde class triket heroic on askmrrobot for arcane as frost is this true ? or  is askmrrobot not a trusted site annymore?

AMR is tool, not a guide. It is going to work with your input data and will give you answers based on that.

Guest bobby

I have arcane heroic 4 pc and am sitting at 1900 haste . is it better to keep adding haste or switch back to mastery as my top secondary stat ?

I have arcane heroic 4 pc and am sitting at 1900 haste . is it better to keep adding haste or switch back to mastery as my top secondary stat ?

If you are talking about T18 set bonus, then keep stacking Haste.

Guest alif

If i am not close to burning phase i can cast arcane missiles at 4 stack of arcane charge just before arcane barrage. But most of the time i should be saving arcane missiles charges for the burn phase. But if i have some kind of buff and i am 1 minute before burn phase i can use them. There should be written than you should cast arcane missiles at 4 stacks arcane charges. If the missiles proc chance is like 20% and u have 3 of them and 3 arcane charges i think u should cast arcane blast first and than missiles. this is 3 cds ABl 8kmana  MI ABa. You should cast missiles at 0 stacks even if u have 3 of them.

Guest Quorgyle

For some reason the macros won't work sometimes (or more often), especially preparing for burn phase or during it.

For example the macro that cast Arcane Power and Arcane Missiles at same time, same thing with Presence of Mind + Arcane Blast. As far I know Arcane Power and Presence of Mind are off GCD, still they dont get cast (sometimes) and instead I get only an Arcane Blast or Missiles cast like I pressed the normal button and not the macro. Worst part is when I don't realize that Arcane Power hasn't been cast and I already spamed a few Blasts after that during Time Warp. Anyone know where the problem is? Is it macro based or UI ?

Guest Mosstone

Just a note on my usage of Mirror Image: I found that they are affected directly by what your stats are, so if you cast it near when someone activates Bloodlust, they will have a similarly increased DPS. For that reason I usually save Mirror Image for the primary burst phase, and try to cram in as many rotations of it as I can before without risking missing out on the interaction.

If you find that I'm wrong, it either changed it or I was mislead by the RNG sha.

Sign in to follow this