FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JR88

Holy Nerfed further in WoD??....

I came back late into MoP unfortunatly....worked on my Pally mainly healing etc, Ret not so much because it was/is at bottom of barrel DPS...but still fun.

But now all these dang changes in upcoming Patch/WoD I just don't know about/kinda different.....putting cast times on instant cast playstyle/just crucial abillites EF/LoD etc, and further limiting mobilty so now good instant/burst/AoE healing getting screwed over....

I understand many do not/did like that EF build/style though because it does make you feel like/you have to be running around with your head cut off constantly casting something/aware of mana useage/reserves/CDs....I liked that though felt challenging in raid enviroment/mechanic's.

So now what? go selfless healer.....or just straight up Sacred Shield/Tank healer?

what the hell.....

I am a little confused by your post, but it seems like you're asking if it's better to use Selfless Healer or Sacred Shield on the tanks?

Healing is interesting because every playstyle can be a little different. For now, I would go whatever style you feel most comfortable with. I have used all 3 talents in MoP and was able to be competitive on the healing meters. 

Right now it's hard to tell what would be superior from the other. I suggest testing out both during 6.0 and wait till there are more numbers once WoD is released.

• Like 1

From what I heard, Holy paladins are extremely strong in WoD. It sounds like the OP doesn't understand the healing changes from WoD in general. Basically every single healer has had tons of cast-time nerfs. Paladins aren't alone, but you will have to learn the new method of healing to continue being a successful healer. There are posts around the forums by Geoda that could help you better understand the changes.

• Like 1

Fouton just touched on this but I feel like repeating it because it's an important thing to note when considering healer balance and strength for WoD.

It is for the most part true that changes to Holy Paladin in 6.0 negatively impact the way they have been played during MoP. From a design stand point this isn't a nerf, just a major shift in healing style that we often see between expansions. All classes have had similar types of changes for example a major reduction in the number of instant casts.

In 6.0 and throughout WoD it is highly unlikely you will be healing the same way, everyone needs to adjust to their respective gameplay changes and this is why we have the expansion pre-patch for a month. The best way to learn is to just jump right in and try everything out, at some point there will be more formal guides to more optimal play but I doubt those will be seen or be relevant until level 100 with the first tier of raiding.

In conclusion, things change and all we can do is adapt.

Sitting here in France on vacation, and being totally disconnected from all thats going on is real pain, but anyways ...

Checked your log, and those healing numbers change is really profound. Around 29.6k from top healer on IJ is something else for sure. Might I ask ... How does it feel? Is it much the same, or are the changes to the pools and hps something that is felt? (Not talking about cast time and all that)

And btw: seen a lot of anxiousness about the changes to healing, and heres two cents for what they are worth: deal with it ... The alternative is really to stop playing.

Im old enough to remember when ArP was removed. Everybody concerned was really making a big case about it, and in the end, the change turned out very nicely, which they always (until now at least :)) do, so perhaps these changes will too ... Healing has idd become the art of filling that health bar the fastest, and I for one believe these changes are needed, and hope they play out well.

On another note, and this is mostly for the good ppl at IV forums: keep up the fact driven approach to all the changes, and lets not succumb to the sometimes negative hype surrounding changes to our favorite game.

• Like 2

I started out as a Ret paladin at 5.4, also known as the period between expansions. I joined my friend's guild and at his request I made Holy as off spec (which is actually my main spec since I use it most). After a couple of mounths of raiding and basicly building up some skill as a healer I was decent at my role and just carried on up until 6.0.2. At first I was a bit dissapointed that healers are forced to stress even more but after tying UBRS with a LFG group I decided I need to look more into talents. glyphs, passives, cooldown, etc. I did a bit of research on the paladin healing spec and at first I found out that for Holy pallys holy power is more harder to aquire than Ret (can't confirm that for Prot spec cause I don't play it) which meant that I had to either: 1. Stand in melee range to be able to use Crusader Strike or 2. Spam Holy Fire and Holy Radiance while barely moving (which ends up in me dying all the time). Eventually I started playing around with talents and gems and asked a few people who had a better understandment than me and ended up by replacing all my gems that had spirit/intelect with Haste/Mastery or Haste/Crit. That made some improvement, but it didn't feel enough (played with Eternal Flame talent at this time) so I mixed up a few talents, namely tier 3 ones since they have quite a bit to say about my performance. I ended up taking Sacred Shield cause it puts the absorb that is very handy when you have to move and heal at the same time. So to sum it all up: You can't make a good build, try experimenting with talents, glyphs etc. You might find something that you'd like

My experience from Mythics and Heroics so far, Spirit is worthless to gem/chant for, the amount on your gear is more then enough. EF is still king, however you do not need to spam it. just use HS on cd and when you reach 5 HP put EF on your tank, you should be able to maintain 100% uptime on the tank as well as 1-2 others just on using HS on cd. feel many pallys are to use to having more HP then they can handle, first thing you can do is accept your HP is generated more slowly now.

Gem either flat Mastery or Int/Mastery, if your haste is a little low like mine after the item changes and not being able to reforge then gemming Haste/Mastery seems to help alot.

spam flash of light, its now your highest output and at lvl 90 mana is not an issue you can spam this for days and not run oom.

Do not use HR or LOD unless the raid is stacked otherwise you will oom and your output will be horrid compared to just using Flash of Light, use Divine light only on Infusion of Light procs. when the raid takes high damage that is the time to pop your cds and using HS and Flash of Light to heal the raid not Radiance (unless the majority of the raid is stacked up).

• Like 1

I don't know any time I try ask for fucking help/advice with healing now I'm just made felt stupid with someone else's negative responses to it....

I don't know any time I try ask for fucking help/advice with healing now I'm just made felt stupid with someone else's negative responses to it....

I apologize if anyone here has made you feel stupid by our responses. It was not our intent to do so, we are only here to help and give advice as a whole. 

I apologize if anyone here has made you feel stupid by our responses. It was not our intent to do so, we are only here to help and give advice as a whole. 

I mean like in general with anything/as well with any help/advice in the WoW community etc, so I don't know, usally try to figure anything/everything/shit out myself/wing it....

Edited by JR88

That's probably me, and I'm sorry if it made you feel that way. But I do think that talking about being 'screwed over' and the like is a moot point, since it wont change, and therefore the smart money is on focusing on how to move forward, or maybe just decide to dps or tank instead, if the changes are unacceptable or makes the role less interesting to you :)

I liked both the EF and SH ways of healing, and loved the choice it gave you for a specific fight. That choice is partly gone (maybe in exchange for a SS or EF decision, idk yet), but with the limited Mythic exp I have (one raid up to Spoils), the healing is just as much fun now on the pally, and the cast time changes really don't feel that profound imo. Blizzard wants us to decide where the next heal goes instead of just filling everything up with instants, fair enough, they're by no means there yet (Mythic is quite easy atm), but I'm sure that'll all change at level 100. It should make for some interesting healing.

Rgds