FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rodrigo

mr robot stat weights for resto shammy

Hello everyone,

I’ve been testing the stats squish changes and the stats weights suggested by mr. Robot for resto shaman:

PVE Crit

Intellect : 1

Spell Power : 0.75 

Spirit : 0.65

Haste : 0.6

Critical Strike : 0.45

Mastery : 0.4

Multistrike : 0.35

PVE Mastery

Haste : 0.6

Mastery : 0.55

Critical Strike : 0.4

Multistrike : 0.35

But i’m not sure about the caps with the new stat system, I use to have a 13000 spirit cap and 30% haste cap, but are those cap still useful? And, what would be their equivalent now?

what do you think? what stats do you set in mr Robot?

Hi Rodrigo,

Firstly, I'd like to point out that the AMR stats are likely to be "initial guesses" for patch 6.0. Frankly, stat weights aren't important now in comparison to the stat priorities for WoD - guides such as Icy Veins' own Resto Shaman guide focus on the "now" only as a kind of interim measure. Expect most sets of stat weights to be revised when Warlords releases.

About the caps: Spirit is not available on most gear slots any more, and the general guidance is get Spirit wherever you can (rings/trinkets/cloak/neck slots only). Haste no longer has caps at all due to the technical changes to HoTs.

Personally, and based on the theorycraft which I've done so far, Haste is not as good as AMR seems to think it is in terms of throughput. There is something to be said for stacking Haste in SoO to respond better to high frequency damage spikes, but this isn't going to be the general case in WoD.

I would suggest a TENTATIVE priority of;

PVE Mastery
Mastery: 0.6
Haste : 0.55
Multistrike : 0 (not present on most gear right now)

I hope that helps!

Stoove

• Like 1

With those stat weights, AMR gems straight spirit in almost anything (and int/spirit). Is that intended? What do you feel is a good number for spirit in SoO? I am currently running crit/mastery and find myself rarely running out of mana but not really competing with haste/mastery shaman in throughtput, but they seem to OOM faster. Any idea what a target for spirit would be before switching to mastery?

So, I've had a chance to test Shaman on Live now (all my testing had so far been on the WoD Beta at level 100) and I hadn't really realised how much regen we actually have on Live. This won't be the case for WoD at level 100, but I'd modify my recommendation to putting Spirit at the bottom of the pile;

PVE Mastery
Mastery: 0.6
Haste : 0.55
Spirit : 0.4
Multistrike : 0 (not present on most gear right now)

The mana regen thing caught us by surprise a bit! How's that stat priority?

I have to say that I completely removed all the possible Spirit from my resto gear (remained only on one ring now) and so far didn't have any problem with mana regen on any boss in Mythic (11/14 for now and can provide logs if needed). Even didn't drop to less than 80% of mana in fights.

My current gear: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/argent_dawn/pandacho

I don't like this HUGE amount of Mastery that popped up after removing of reforge (got 105% - awful...) and now try to swap part of my gear for haste/crit secondary. The fights are too short now so Deep Healing procs are much less usefull for overall healing in 20-man than good amount of haste and crit (imo).

So, now I'm trying to figure out how much worth the Elemental Blast buff vs Primal Elementalist, that I was using before 6.0.

Mastery will definitely be better in WoD, though smile.png Fights will be a lot longer than they are pre-WoD, and damage patterns will be a lot slower.

As for EB vs. PE: I am running EB on the logic that it will get me used to playing with it for WoD. In WoD, I expect to want to sometimes take EB for the Spirit proc (which isn't an issue now).

Doesn't it feel weird that we have to dps to get a buff? I think that EB is and will be very good as a T6 talent, but it makes the movement uncomfortable enough, forcing me to stay in the range for EB and face the boss.

Did you make the math for T6 talents in WoD, Stoove? Is there enough difference between EB and other talents to try and learn to use it every 12 sec?

I only math'd one thing with regard to EB, and that was the mana regen. The reason being that the talent gives you a simply bonkers amount of Spirit and is the only regen talent that we have. Ergo, if you need mana then you take EB! Its regen worked out at somewhere around your mana bar every 3-4 minutes! That's quite a lot of extra regen.

Yes, it's a difficult talent to use because it relies on a real change in your playstyle. What I think I will be aiming for is a more spam-heavy healing style when I take EB, as opposed to a more Riptide/Healing Wave oriented playstyle without it.

From my experience with 6.0 so far:

(note this applies to the current patch and SoO mythic, not resto shamans in WoD)

Intellect > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Spirit

Intellect is our best stat. Make sure to get any socket bonus, but do not gem intellect, as 2 secondary stats is better than 1 primary stat. Also prioritize intellect enchants over secondary stat enchants.

Mastery is the best stat for throughput. In contrast to 5.4.8, the raid stays at lower health percentages for a longer period of time in 6.0. This means our mastery kicks in, making this our best secondary stat. Make sure to have mastery on as much of your gear as possible. This is especially true for solohealing, where 160% mastery allows you to have insane throughput. 

Haste makes you able to react faster and it allows you to heal more people at the same time. While stacking mastery might seem like the best option, you could end up having very powerful heals but too many players to heal at the same time, eventually causing players to die during high raid damage. I suggest having around 40% haste for mythic raiding.

Crit is pretty much a useless stat in 6.0. The smart healing component of crit has been removed and it only serves the purpose of more mana efficient heals due to Resurgence. Although crit increases your throughput as well, it is not as much as mastery or haste. Also the random nature of crit makes it less desirable, as you want reliable heals.

Spirit is generally not needed if you know your rotation, but it gives you room to throw out more emergency heals during fights, reducing the risk having players dying. Get some spirit from the blue gems needed to fulfill the socket bonuses, but try to get rings and necks without it. I've solo healed Garrosh on mythic difficulty and I didn't drop sub 50% mana at any point. 

Please comment on my opinions, I would like some input from other resto shamans as well.

Edited by Shedim

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with the big part of written above sad.png

this applies to the current patch and SoO mythic

Mastery is the best stat for throughput... This is especially true for solohealing...

You are talking about Mythic - do you solohealing it? If yes, I'd like to see the logs smile.png

the raid stays at lower health percentages for a longer period of time in 6.0

The fights in current Mythic are much shorter than before the patch - the raid does not stay long at low health, if you are not taking many undergeared people to gear them in Mythic before WoD. You may have an opportunity to benefit from very high Mastery 1-2 times in some fights (not in all of them), but in my opinion it does not worth to put everything in Mastery, cutting from the other secondaries.

Crit is pretty much a useless stat in 6.0

I wouldn't agree with this statement too. In current circumstances with low AoE healing and no smart heals, we should aim for more direct heals. Critical direct heal is good. Casting 4 direct heals with a good amount of Crit is much better in SoO Mythic (in my opinion) than trying to top people with Chain Heal (low AoE, no smart jumping).

Get some spirit from the blue gems needed to fulfill the socket bonuses

As I said in some of my previous posts, I cut spirit from all my gear and still didn't have any mana issues, don't think that Spirit worth gemming before WoD.

I've solo healed Garrosh on mythic difficulty

Can we have the logs, please? smile.png

Edited by Pandacho

Check warcraftlogs.com, I'm ranked as 'Nhaya' on Silvermoon (eu)

Currently rank 1 on Garrosh

If the raid cannot benefit from your mastery because they're topped off, you're bringing too many healers.

Edited by Shedim

I went through all the logs, not for the Garrosh fight only.

While 1-tanking and solo or 2-healing of Mythic content is definitely impressive, I still think that in terms of standard raiding (2 tanks and 4-5 healers for 20-man) the stats for the resto shaman should be somehow different.

I clearly understand why you chose Mastery over every other stat, Haste and even Spirit for solo-healing the content, but we are talking in this thread about 'normal' :)

When you have 2 tanks and at least 4 healers in Mythic and about 1/3 of the raid are low/average geared alts or WoD trialists, all the fights are much longer than 90 sec. and you still have to mind bosses' mechanics.

So, you'll never run out of mana and you'll have almost no opportunity to fully benefit from Mastery, while Haste - Crit profit would be about equal. 

I do agree with you though about all the stats you mentioned as a right stats for 'extreme' (1-2 healers) raiding :)

Actually, when I was healing in low healers setup, I was going for 60% haste ^^.

But let's not confuse fresh people who may try to use these stats for standard raiding :)

I genuinely believe these are the weights casual players should aim for.

In 5.4.8 the healing gameplay consisted of topping people off immediately, because there were so many lethal mechanics that could easily kill someone sitting sub 90% HP. Thus you needed lots of crit because the smart healing was so damn effective for this purpose. You could in theory spamheal the tank and still keep the raid alive to some extend. 

They changed this in 6.0 by giving us a larger buffer to work with. Mechanics no longer instant kill people and the healing gameplay is now about healing efficiently. You take less damage and you heal less. This allows you to let people sit around 50% HP for long periods of time only forcing you to top people off before mechanics like Swelling Pride, Iron Prison or Whirling Corruption. This is where mastery really kicks in, causing you to heal 2.5 times as much on targets near death. At this point Healing Surge will be able to crit 60-80k, making your healing very efficient.

The situation you're describing is the case of bringing too many healers, where you'll be trying to 'snipe' heals. By that, I mean the healers aren't occupied 100% of the time and you sit and wait for mechanics to occur so you can heal players back up. For that haste is the best choice. Crit still isn't a good choice here, because the large heals on people will just be overhealing.

From my point of view crit is completely out of the picture. It seems to be a useless stat, but it may become useful in WoD if fights require mana efficient healing rather than high throughput. The question is whether one should max haste or max mastery. In my original post I stated that I believe mastery is best. If you wanna snipe heals, haste might perform 'better'. But why are you even bringing a resto shaman then? Other classes are much better for this. 

Edited by Shedim

So, I think that the latest patch did slow down Mythic SoO a bit but definitely not as much as it will be in WoD. Mastery has definitely got better in SoO, but it's not the best stat right now imo. Having said that, if you're for some reason progressing on Mythic SoO right now I'd say that a Mastery/Haste build would serve you well.

I have to disagree with Pandacho on Crit for the current patch. It's inferior to both Mastery and Haste mathematically, and its main feature post-patch is the mana return which we don't need right now. :)

Well, unfortunately I can't make any comparisons - no point to undelete all trashed gear or to switch all the gems right now, when it's only 2 weeks before Draenor :(

On my current gear Crit is low enough (21%) vs Mastery (107%) and Haste (51%).

But would you explain me please, Stoove, why the main feature of Crit is mana return and not heals enhancement?

Well, unfortunately I can't make any comparisons - no point to undelete all trashed gear or to switch all the gems right now, when it's only 2 weeks before Draenor 

Oh totally, I'm still in Crit gear because that's what I have and I frankly care none for minmaxing at this stage of MoP.

But would you explain me please, Stoove, why the main feature of Crit is mana return and not heals enhancement?

I said that it was the "main feature" because of the changes that we've seen to Crit recently. Before, the main attraction of Crit for Resto Shaman was the Ancestral Awakening which procced from Crits; it made a serious contribution to our ability to splash/AoE heal. We've lost AA, and as a result Crit's previous attraction has taken a dive. Now in terms of throughput, Crit is genuinely inferior to Haste and Mastery; the remaining advantage over them being that Resurgence gives us mana return. Since we don't need mana return, and the other two stats are just generally better in terms of throughput, I don't see a good motivation to take Crit any more.

Having said that, pretty much any build will do well enough in the current environment, and I feel that arguing over small things like stat weights right now is a bit OTT. I want to argue about WoD stats, damnit :P

• Like 1

Not to worry! Also, I will be posting about Resto Shaman stats for WoD Soon™, on my blog and later on IV with a kind of need-to-know summary.