FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
daemon9

2H Stat Priorities: Icy Veins vs. AMR

Icy Veins is showing 2H stat priorities as Str > Haste (up to 600) > Crit > Mastery and AskMrRobot is using Str > Crit > Haste > Mastery.  Is AMR wrong?

Edit:  DW also has conflicting stat priorities between IV and AMR.

Edited by daemon9

It depends on what gear they were sim'ing when they got their results. If you sim with low haste you'll find that haste is the best stat, but if you sim a character with higher haste you will find Crit is the best stat.

I haven't personally done 2H sims to find the exact softcap for 2H haste, but I definitely trust vlads numbers since they're roughly what I would expect the resource cap to be at for 2H. once you're rune capped though, then it's crit all the way.

Mr. Robot is not telling you your stat priority. YOU are telling mr robot the stat priority. 

Don't ask if Mr robot is right or wrong because I can make him gem you spirit if I wanted. 

What Krazy said also. the big thing is that AMR doesn't dynamically determine what your stat weights should be. they set a default, but that's most likely based on BiS. If you aren't BiS your stat weights could change, like in this case with haste. For the best results though you should sim your own character in SimC and then tell AMR what stat weights you want.

For DW I can tell you from raiding this week, and from looking at dozens of other DK logs to see what I can do better, that Haste is strong until about 400 (which is really easy to get) and then it hard caps bad. after 400 you're just wasting runes.

Up until 400 haste you'd put haste+mastery orange gems into your red sockets, but after 400 you switch to str+mastery in red sockets. priority for gear is Mastery/Crit though for the most part.

Mr. Robot is not telling you your stat priority. YOU are telling mr robot the stat priority. 

Don't ask if Mr robot is right or wrong because I can make him gem you spirit if I wanted. 

Can i get some help with the stat priority please, API isn't updating for me on Blizz site (Frostmourne server issues) So I used the Mr robot addon and copy/paste trick to get it to work, it's suggesting i lose more haste. My problem is i'm not an elitist and stuff my rotation all the time, but that being said i'm having a HUGE amount of downtime where i'm literally standing there autoattacking waiting on runes. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/optimize/us/frostmourne/allatuu

not sure what to change to get better results 

Are you looking to regem for leveling? If so I wouldn't worry too much about the haste. With 2h frost you won't get into a lot of long fights unless you're pulling elites or quest bosses. all the way from 90-100 I could kill almost anything in 2-3 obliterates, so the downtime in rune regen is spent running to the next mob most of the time anyways.

Once you hit 100 you'll mostly want to gem and enchant for multistrike.

Haste isn't very imporant right now. 2H will have a lot of down time, but the extra rune regen from higher haste won't give you as much of a dps boost as Multristrike or Versatility. It's definitely frustrating to play a slow class that requires you sit on obliterates just for killing machine procs, but right now it's just the way it is. hopefully once we're at least raid geared we'll be able to get a little bit more haste without sacrificing too much of the other stats, and then the rotation will be a lot more fun.