FORUMS
Pookey

Glove enchants - 10 agility vs 11 haste

I was looking through some of my older enchants and noticed I had a 10 agility enchant for gloves (Major Agility).  Is there any reason this wouldn't be superior to the 11 haste enchants available with MOP mats?

I had assumed the agility would be best as its only a difference of 1, but everywhere I look points to the 11 haste.  Didn't know if this was just overlooked or if there's some solid math behind 11 haste > 10 agility.

EDIT: Also noticed an 11 agility enchant to cloaks(Major agility) vs the recommended 12 crit chance.

Please someone do math for me biggrin.png

Second EDIT: Then I wandered to the dreamshard vendor in Dalaran and I recommend you all do the same.  The stat enchant for chests is particularly nice.

Edited by Pookey

Agility was changed in 6.0. One point of agility now only gives one attack power making it not as strong as it used to be. Secondary stats like Crit and haste will benefit you more. If you are still running pure agility gems I would suggest changing them

The stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:

1. Agility;
  2. Critical Strike;
  3. Haste;
  4. Multistrike;
  5. Versatility;
  6. Mastery.

So I understand that for gems the amount of secondary stat they give outweighs the small amount of agility they give.  You're getting 20 crit vs a measly 5 agility/secondary stat for certain slots now, which is too much of a difference to opt for agility gems now.

However for enchants that are so close in number I'm worried the difference might not be enough.  What I'm wondering with this new stat setup is how BIG of a difference 1 point is.

That being said, none of this matters with the wotlk enchants as they are vastly superior in most cases. +10 stats chest, 32 attack power to boots, 23 haste to cloak, etc.  I'm sure these are getting hotfixed shortly, but for now I'll be going with these kinds of enchants (+10 stats from wotlk vs +5 stats from mop - tough choices must be made).

Sad EDIT: Hotfixed a lot of the wotlk enchants but the recipe itself is still claiming old stats.  Very few BC/wotlk enchants are still worthwhile and the rest will probably follow suit.

Edited by Pookey

Best enchant hands down for Gloves is 11 Haste. 

11 * 0.7 (average normalized value of haste for the 2 specs, 0.8 and 0.6) = 7,7

10 * 1 (agility) = 11.

10 agility > 11 haste by approximately a mile.

10 * 1 (agility) = 11.

Ah thanks for that, gave up on returning to the post at all when people were just blindly throwing out a guess.

On that note, I did actually find a 15 agil enchant to gloves I had missed earlier (BC caverns of time rep which my enchanter was only revered with).

So far the older enchants I have are:

15 agil to gloves

12 agil to cloak

13 crit to wrists (will probably switch back to 12 agil, just wanted to see Mr Robot recommend all stat reductions)

10 haste AND 10 crit to boots (double stats is nice, but I'm missing the 10% movement speed - will probably switch back to 9agil/run speed)

For the 13 crit vs 12 agil to wrists, what is the weight for crit now? Would that 1 bonus crit overcome pure agility?

Thanks again Azo for the math info.

0.84 * 13 = 10,92

12 * 1 = 12

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1567816-Hunter-F-A-Q-Answers-WoD-Edition 

Weights there. I average the weights for the BM/MM specs listed (average of 0.85 and 0.83 is obviously 0.84).

1) The glove enchant doesn't give 15 agi, it gives like 5.

2) This one is fixed too.

3) This one I dunno. Since it's worse than agi I doubt it's nerfed.

4) It doesn't give 10 haste and 10 crit, it gives 10 crit and 3 haste.

So you're just throwing DPS away using enchants that have been fixed for a week but the tooltips aren't updated.

Ah that sucks, I noticed the tooltips for some of the enchant recipes were lies and shrunk when they went on my items.  These still stay as the appropriate stat count even when on the items and I probably shouldn't have assumed myself safe.  Reading in green on my gloves "Enchanted: +15 agility" made me happy enough to ignore my stat sheet.

Thanks for the sneaky tooltip info and additional math link.

10 * 1 (agility) = 11.

Thanks for the correction, I'll change that section in my guide. I was of the understanding Mastery was the best enchant for the gloves?

I currently benefit very little from mastery as MM as I'm still too twitchy from this expansion. Until I can calm back down and stand still more often I'll be avoiding mastery where I have a choice.

Edited by Pookey

Thanks for the correction, I'll change that section in my guide. I was of the understanding Mastery was the best enchant for the gloves?

Yeah, it is, but 10 agility is still better than 11 haste. 13 mastery is still > both of them.

Yeah, it is, but 10 agility is still better than 11 haste. 13 mastery is still > both of them.

Okay cool.