FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bombsauce

Grimoire of Service

So tonight will be the first night I'll be running mythic with Affliction spec after 6.0 hit. My guild is killing things so fast right now I think using GoService is going to be the way to go.  I've never actually used this talent, so what would you guys recommend in terms of optimal usage. Which demon should I use? What time is optimal to use it? Thanks!

I'm going with Succubus and a 2nd Succubus because that's the closest I'll ever be to having two women under my command.

• Like 5

Pre 6.0 the top to bottom DPS between pets was ~500dps. Assume a 95% squish from the stat crush and that 500dps is around 25dps top to bottom.

(Zag might correct me on this math, this are rough numbers as I remember them)

The "Fel hunter for single target, imp for target switching" hasn't been a thing in years (my GOD this tier has gone on to long),

What pet you pick doesn't really matter. At all. That's why Zag was joking about Succy, there is no DPS loss. Personally I use Imp because I like imps and there is no run time loss of DPS (all .0001dps that would be lost from the run time)

Since this is regarding Grimoire of Service seems the nice place to ask.

I was trying to make  a simple macro to combo GoS with Dark Soul: Misery, I did:

#showtooltip Dark soul: Misery

/cast Dark soul: Misery

/cast Grimoire: Imp             (already go around with felhound, so Harry Poter´s pet seems cool to diversify :P)

The issue is that it only worked the very 1st time I casted it, now it seems to be broken and only uses Dark soul when I cast the macro.

Is there any other way to make that work?

You need to double tap it from my experience. 

It shouldn't.  DS is off the global.  Odd that they're not working together.

It's probably because DS is off the GCD that hitting it then trying to cast other spells blocks the use of service.

I used to have loads of issues with it not using service until I bound them seperately.

I made this one to test and it works fine for me:

#showtooltip Dark Soul: Misery
/castsequence reset=5 Dark Soul: Misery, Grimoire: Imp

Keep in mind that you must have an enemy targeted for the Grimoire to cast. That may have been the problem for the other macro as well

I made this one to test and it works fine for me:

#showtooltip Dark Soul: Misery
/castsequence reset=5 Dark Soul: Misery, Grimoire: Imp

Keep in mind that you must have an enemy targeted for the Grimoire to cast. That may have been the problem for the other macro as well

That one works perfectly...the one I posted did not work on a training dummy, not even on the Timeless Isle Frog while farming coins :P.

Thanks!